Cocaine Mitch back at it again!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Lives in cities you'll never see on screen
twitter.com
If there is a Supreme Court vacancy in the next nine months (or five years unless the House flips), I think we will immediately see another impeachment slammed through if for no other reason than to tie up the Senate for a while.
Simple math told me the impeachment should have never happened. What should have happened was a censure. Which is what Tulsi Gabbard proposed and Democrats completely ignored.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
It's odd to see Oklahomans so on board with Mitch McConnell after he completely disregarded the prosecutor that put the Oklahoma City bomber in the electric chair.

I guess some Republicans support Timothy McVeigh more than they support Merrick Garland. It's sad to see the guy who murdered 168 innocent Oklahomans be held in higher regard than the prosecutor who put him away for it.
Yeah, you just went full stupid here.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
If there is a Supreme Court vacancy in the next nine months (or five years unless the House flips), I think we will immediately see another impeachment slammed through if for no other reason than to tie up the Senate for a while.
If given a chance, I suspect Trump is going to nominate a pro life female to replace Ginsburg. That ought to give the Dems fits...a woman who they'll claim hates women's rights. A woman who they'll claim wants to keep women down, but has risen to the very top of her profession.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Simple math told me the impeachment should have never happened. What should have happened was a censure. Which is what Tulsi Gabbard proposed and Democrats completely ignored.
Yep a censure would have politically damaged Trump. Impeachment turned him into a victim. Nobody has ever accused congress of being smart, don't care which party is in charge. Always a bunch of lemmings someone comes up with a stupid idea and they all fall in line and march off that cliff together.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Yep a censure would have politically damaged Trump. Impeachment turned him into a victim. Nobody has ever accused congress of being smart, don't care which party is in charge. Always a bunch of lemmings someone comes up with a stupid idea and they all fall in line and march off that cliff together.
Seriously though, how would censure have damaged him?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Tulsi is a surfer, a member of the national guard, democrat in name only, and a hottie...plus the Hildbeast thinks she's a Russian Asset...lol... what's not to love! If the rest of their party had just a little bit of her common sense they would win this election....but they can't seem to get out of their own way and their ideas suck so bad.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
It's odd to see Oklahomans so on board with Mitch McConnell after he completely disregarded the prosecutor that put the Oklahoma City bomber in the electric chair.

I guess some Republicans support Timothy McVeigh more than they support Merrick Garland. It's sad to see the guy who murdered 168 innocent Oklahomans be held in higher regard than the prosecutor who put him away for it.
You know none of that is true even while you're typing it. It has nothing to do with whether or not Garland is qualified. A President gets to choose who they want to nominate and in an election year Mitch wanted that to be a Republican President. If Hillary had won then that would be her decision whether to support that nomination. I guarantee you if there were a Democratic Senate and Trump nominated the very same guy in Garland, the same thing would happen. It's politics and has nothing to do with Timothy McVeigh.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
Tulsi is a surfer, a member of the national guard, democrat in name only, and a hottie...plus the Hildbeast thinks she's a Russian Asset...lol... what's not to love! If the rest of their party had just a little bit of her common sense they would win this election....but they can't seem to get out of their own way and their ideas suck so bad.
A smokin' Hottie!

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Lives in cities you'll never see on screen
twitter.com
Seriously though, how would censure have damaged him?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
A censure is documented disapproval. Congress can make their voice heard. Basically a historical entry, but no it wouldn't remove anyone. Impeachment never meant removal, but without the effort to remove, I'm not sure what the point of impeachment was.

With the way the Senate was stacked and unwilling to hear evidence and as McConnell said, coordinating with the White House, there was no path to get a removal from office.

Both sides of the legislature spend a ton of time playing the media grandstanding game in lieu of legislating. And the public keeps voting jackass party hacks like Pelosi and McConnell in.

Well

This is how I spend time.
A/V Subscriber
Dec 17, 2009
Both sides of the legislature spend a ton of time playing the media grandstanding game in lieu of legislating. And the public keeps voting jackass party hacks like Pelosi and McConnell in.
Completely agree with this. However, because of the two party system that has evolved, the American people have few to no options. This is why it is a fantasy to believe you have a choice when voting. When in reality, it is no choice at all.