1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Colin Cowherd has OSU as a darkhorse for the playoff

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by ramases2112, Apr 19, 2017.

1. ramases2112

ramases2112 Territorial Marshal

Not that anyone should really care, but any hype is good when it comes to pre season rankings and the proceeding season rankings.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  2. SauconyPoke

SauconyPoke Cowboy

Dan Le Batard has trained me to hate these types of sports shows - but before that, I was a huge Colin Cowherd fan and defender.

My life story aside, I always love hearing our school spoken about on National media - especially in regards to National Championship predictions. Always exciting stuff!

Cannot wait for football season! Go Pokes!

• Like Like x 2
  3. triton1995

triton1995 Banned
    Banned

No bedlam win no playoff. Simple math.

• Like Like x 3
    • Sad Sad x 1
  4. newpoke

newpoke Deputy

Unfortunately, even with a bedlam win it's doubtful, because there's a good chance that we'd have to play them again in the championship game. Might beat them once; no way we beat them twice.

• Sad Sad x 1
    • Total Poop Total Poop x 1
  5. OSUMAN30

OSUMAN30 Cowboy

If our only loss is to ou and their only loss is to osu and we are the big 12 champ, then I would like our chances to get in. But it does seem logical that we need a bedlam win.

6. Poke4Christ

Poke4Christ Federal Marshal

If we only lose to OU but still win the championship game then we are 12-1 and likely in. That is simple math.

If you are assuming OU makes the championship game and calling that bedlam as well then we would be at best 11-2. In that case, I would agree.

7. CaliforniaCowboy

CaliforniaCowboy Federal Marshal

nobody knows at this point.

If it ends and a 3-way tie, for example, and we lost bedlam, but still win the tie-breaker to play (say, a team not OU) in the Big12 Champ game... then..

There are possibilities (at this point) that don't include winning bedlam.

I'd prefer to win the Big12 over Bedlam -- of course I would prefer to beat the goons twice, if it comes to that; and would obviously prefer to only have to play them once.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Poke Flyfisher

Love what Gundy has done for OSU football, but when it comes to Bedlam, our program is still bogged down in the same old, same old, and he's only added to our losing tradition when it comes to beating the gooners.. He could learn a thing or two from Les Miles on how to beat uo.

9. cowboyethics344

cowboyethics344 Federal Marshal

It all depends on OU. Injuries and other things throughout the season can play a big role. If Mayfield struggles because of new receivers and RB or just has issues with timing then we have a good shot. If OU progresses to get better then we are in trouble because our defense will struggle with their offensive line.

I think OU in Stillwater has a chance to be a barn burner. Beating OU twice is hard for any team not just OSU.

10. PokeJ

PokeJ Sheriff

That's why he said dark horse. Not the favorite, but there's a chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. Class of 1970

Class of 1970 Cowboy

THE THING I DISLIKE THE MOST ABOUT COWHERD, BESIDES HIS NAME, IS HIS HABIT OF REPEATING EACH SENTENCE AT LEAST 3 TIMES.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Paddytap288

Paddytap288 Deputy

I hate this....learn a thing from Les narrative. Les beat OU twice sure.....but Gundy was his OC. Gundy gets no credit?

Also Les filled his team with thugs in order to try and get success. He could learn a thing from Gundy IMO.

Also let's not forget we are a missed tackle (Lavey had Bell in the backfield) and a dropped pick (Gilbert) from beating OU 4 years in a row and having another Big12 title.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Rack

Rack Federal Marshal
    A/V Subscriber

Tulsa's first...If we play like we did early in the season last year...we don't have a break on this schedule sans maybe KU at home. Non-con is one of the best ever...Playing at Pitt is no cake walk, but this well coached Tulsa team scares me early. Get up and get ready to play Tulsa...IF we are in the hunt for the National title it will ONLY be because we won all our non-cons. Lose one of those and we are written off...

Btw, want another reason to hate ou? They win either game vs us and it's our / their only loss...they go. It's a fact and we all know it...logo is bigger than x's and o's. Sucks but it's a fact. Have to win ALL our games including the Big 12 title to make it...It is what it is...but wouldn't it be AWESOME!

14. Rack

Rack Federal Marshal
    A/V Subscriber

Certainly if ou isn't in the Big 12 final and we win it...we have a better shot at making the title. Best case is we beat ou and so do several others keeping them out of the title game and we don't lose any other games...Then we don't have to play ou twice...assuming we are as good as we think.

15. orangerulez

orangerulez Cowboy

The thing I dislike most are post in all caps. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. BrackFridayBunduru

BrackFridayBunduru Greenhorn

Idk with the addition of 2 key pieces from big programs i think our roster is top 5. OU is running on Baker mayfield and the line only and we literally have all piecea right now. Sooners better prepare their panties.

17. BrackFridayBunduru

BrackFridayBunduru Greenhorn

Things I dislike the most are beats, brussell sprouts and the OU logo

18. PJ-OSU

PJ-OSU Cowboy

Fixed it for you :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaaANll8h18

• WOW WOW x 1
  19. orangerulez

orangerulez Cowboy

image.jpeg
    Why do you dislike Beats?

20. Class of 1970

Class of 1970 Cowboy

Looking at the above suggests that poor execution resulted in 4 losses to OU, not coaching. T. Bone needs to wise up and watch the Bedlam games.