Consolidated Basketball Recruiting 2021

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 27, 2011
Bixby
I think I like Keylan getting more minutes at the 3. With the addition of Cisse, I think that slides a solid chunk of his minutes up a spot positionally because he's no longer needed as a backup 4. Those minutes should go to Smith now.

Defensively, I think that's where he can create the most havoc. To me, his defense is what will get him minutes. If he can also make some 3's, then he'd be a major factor next season.

Ultimately, there's going to be a few guys unhappy with their minutes. The team just has too many options.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Yeah. I'm just not sure how many minutes are there at the 3. We have 5 guards who I feel pretty comfortable saying are going to play -- Ice, AA, Walker, Bryce and Bryce. It's not normal to play more than 5 out there. And like you said, Cisse made the minutes at the 4 shrink because we thought Smith might play back up 5 min. My vision of seeing Keylan at the 4 spot is when MB believes we need to go to a smaller line up with better spacing.
Tons of flexibility with this roster, which every coach would love. But it's tough to nail down consistent rotations.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
I think I like Keylan getting more minutes at the 3. With the addition of Cisse, I think that slides a solid chunk of his minutes up a spot positionally because he's no longer needed as a backup 4. Those minutes should go to Smith now.

Defensively, I think that's where he can create the most havoc. To me, his defense is what will get him minutes. If he can also make some 3's, then he'd be a major factor next season.

Ultimately, there's going to be a few guys unhappy with their minutes. The team just has too many options.

Yeah. I'm just not sure how many minutes are there at the 3. We have 5 guards who I feel pretty comfortable saying are going to play -- Ice, AA, Walker, Bryce and Bryce. It's not normal to play more than 5 out there. And like you said, Cisse made the minutes at the 4 shrink because we thought Smith might play back up 5 min. My vision of seeing Keylan at the 4 spot is when MB believes we need to go to a smaller line up with better spacing.
I think Keylan at the 3 is a pretty good idea. Only Ice and Thompson are conceivably big enough to handle traditional SFs, and I’m kind of optimistic on the shot. I love the idea of being able to go jumbo on teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO

With the depth we will have, I’m hoping to see some full court press to wear teams down. Harris, Keylan, and maybe one of the newcomer bigs could play some minute and press to wear them down and give our starters a rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX & Graz, Austria
I think the backcourt talent is too talented for Harris to emerge.

Keylan has to beat out Newton and Smith to get those backup four minutes.

I'm a big believer in Rondell. I think he and MAM make jumps this year and eat up some of the scoring that Cade left behind. Walker's issue, as far as making a big leap, is the crowded back court situation.

I think if Ice can stay healthy, we will see a lot of what we saw his soph year pre-mono. He doesn't have to defer to Cade as the playmaker. He fits just fine with AA because AA is more of scoring guard. This team is going to get out and run and Ice will be pushing that pace and looking to get to the rim.
Unfortunately, I agree about Harris. He might not get his chance until ICE and AA are gone.

If Keylan can find his outside stroke, he will get 15+ minutes. If not, then he only gets 5-8 minutes. We have added some rebound ability and if ICE (rebounds) is healthy, scoring/defending is the only way he gets minutes.

We may actually run more this year than last year, because of our depth. We could run 18-22 minutes for four out of these five at the 4/5 position: Kalib/MAM/Cisse/Newton/Smith.

Sep 23, 2010
Unfortunately, I agree about Harris. He might not get his chance until ICE and AA are gone.

If Keylan can find his outside stroke, he will get 15+ minutes. If not, then he only gets 5-8 minutes. We have added some rebound ability and if ICE (rebounds) is healthy, scoring/defending is the only way he gets minutes.

We may actually run more this year than last year, because of our depth. We could run 18-22 minutes for four out of these five at the 4/5 position: Kalib/MAM/Cisse/Newton/Smith.
Watching film on Newton, he is more of a wing 2/3 and not a 4/5. He's more in the mold of Keylan and maybe not as physical. Good stroke and good pretty good athlete, but not a physical player by nature.

Mar 11, 2006
We just offered 2023 Bixby HS player, Parker Friedrichsen. I have watched him play several times and the dude is a flat out shooter.

Last edited: