Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Not just Oklahoma seeing this shift and surge. All of the US

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1419691865897672706
There is an upside here, though. Delta is so contagious that it seems to blow through populations extremely fast. The UK is already seeing its case numbers drop. That will put us on a rise through next month then a drop off assuming we follow the same curve.

The big difference between this time and last time would appear to be that the link between cases and hospitalizations and death seems to have been broken. I wonder what it could be?!?!?!?!

Best of luck to all the unvaccinated out there.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
There is an upside here, though. Delta is so contagious that it seems to blow through populations extremely fast. The UK is already seeing its case numbers drop. That will put us on a rise through next month then a drop off assuming we follow the same curve.

The big difference between this time and last time would appear to be that the link between cases and hospitalizations and death seems to have been broken. I wonder what it could be?!?!?!?!

Best of luck to all the unvaccinated out there.
yeah I've read a few articles that predict the top of the Delta variant will be 6-8 weeks from now...I think it will blow through pretty quick

But I'm wagering the next 6-8 weeks will be very bad in regions with low vaxx...and we are going to lose alot of people who could have prevented it

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
If that’s ALL of the breakthrough cases in a population of 165MM fully vaccinated that’s a 0.09% breakthrough rate. That is remarkable and shows just how well these work.

It will be interesting to see what those #s are in 3 months after Delta can be considered.
well that is break through rate WITH symptoms. so not really the actual breakthrough rate of infections..cause without symptoms they never know they had it
Also there are those that might just think they have allergies, etc... (so symptoms), so never get tested.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Not just Oklahoma seeing this shift and surge. All of the US

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1419691865897672706
Okay I thought that the current testing could not determine the Delta variant and that the only way they do it is through the three-day genome tests that aren't conducive to doing on everybody. So how can they guarantee numbers? Are they doing one out of every five hospitalizations or one out of every five positive tests? They never do say that that I've read.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Okay I thought that the current testing could not determine the Delta variant and that the only way they do it is through the three-day genome tests that aren't conducive to doing on everybody. So how can they guarantee numbers? Are they doing one out of every five hospitalizations or one out of every five positive tests? They never do say that that I've read.

Random sampling of submitted tests (you can add some fancy math to make sure areas are represented proportionally)

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Random sampling of submitted tests (you can add some fancy math to make sure areas are represented proportionally)
So in other words, fancy numbering ..... ? Hope they made sure to carry the naughts....

Just had to say it.