Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
What is the death rate of the Delta compared with the original version? I've heard lots of different answers but wondering if people are dying at the same, lesser or greater rates than the initial virus? Regardless of the answer, it's bad, just sincerely wanting to know the answer to those questions.

Wife and I had Covid starting Christmas day. It lasted 14 days and was not fun. Had an antibody test two weeks after getting well and had them. Then got our Pfizer shots in March. I might be a long hauler but I don't know if the virus or the shots caused it. First my wife and I had both had weeks of crazy spiking BP issues. It would come on in minutes and go sky high and I even had to have her carted out of our bedroom at Midnight by ambulance with 230/129 BP. Those incidents have waned and gone back to normal. However, I also had a couple of months of insane whole body muscle cramping. I mean even my hands would cramp just cleaning my glasses and if I yawned too deeply my face muscles would cramp (horrible). Some leg and thigh cramps would have me on the floor writhing. I finally got some stuff my doctor suggested called Jacob Treeze Leg Cramp formula. It stops them in less than a minute but tastes nasty. Now those are fewer and far between but my allergies seem to be far worse than ever before. I probably will never know exactly what caused all of it (shots or virus) nor what else may loom ahead. We both did take care of an 11 year old Grandchild with Covid and a high fever last month with close contact. We washed hands and used wipes but did not wear masks (she did) and we never were impacted by being around her.

Nov 23, 2010
What is the death rate of the Delta compared with the original version? I've heard lots of different answers but wondering if people are dying at the same, lesser or greater rates than the initial virus?
My understanding is that once you control for age and vaccine status it's the same. Deaths overall are lower because so many at the most risk are vaccinated.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
New England Journal of Medicine:
"Clinically, high effectiveness of vaccines against severe disease and death is critically important. However, from a public health perspective, reducing the incidence of infection is also vital. As of June 19, 2021, Covid-19 vaccines are estimated to have prevented 7.2 million infections and 27,000 deaths in England alone.12 Similarly, in the United States, an estimated 279,000 deaths and up to 1.25 million hospitalizations have been averted as of the end of June 2021.13 As the delta variant affects various countries, including the United States, the current imperative is to vaccinate as many people as possible, as quickly as possible."

Mar 11, 2006
Interesting article from NYTimes. It is about people angry at the unvaccinated. Although I don’t agree with reasons not to get vaccinated, I am not angry at them. However, I do agree with venues requiring vaccinations and I never thought of this idea that is listed in the article, but it merits consideration…

‘Carol Meyer, 65, of Ulster County, New York, suggested withholding stimulus payments or tax credits from vaccine refusers. “I feel we have a social contract in this country with our neighbors, and people who can get vaccinated and choose not to get vaccinated are breaking it,” Meyer said.”

https://twitter.com/roninytimes/status/1420065058353254405?s=21

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Interesting article from NYTimes. It is about people angry at the unvaccinated. Although I don’t agree with reasons not to get vaccinated, I am not angry at them. However, I do agree with venues requiring vaccinations and I never thought of this idea that is listed in the article, but it merits consideration…

‘Carol Meyer, 65, of Ulster County, New York, suggested withholding stimulus payments or tax credits from vaccine refusers. “I feel we have a social contract in this country with our neighbors, and people who can get vaccinated and choose not to get vaccinated are breaking it,” Meyer said.”

https://twitter.com/roninytimes/status/1420065058353254405?s=21
What about the people that opted out of the advance credits? Will they not get them on their taxes in the spring? This would be a bad precedent for our government to set if it happened.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk