Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
Martin Kulldorf is a professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School. He has been on the forefront stating the age-based COVID policies need to be in place.

https://twitter.com/martinkulldorff/status/1420354851809087502?s=21

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Martin Kulldorf is a professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School. He has been on the forefront stating the age-based COVID policies need to be in place.

Oklahoma not trending the same way on hospitalizations and cases. Hopefully the mortality rate doesn't increase, but the death count increase generally lags a couple weeks behind the cases and hospitalizations going up

Jun 14, 2011
What is the death rate of the Delta compared with the original version? I've heard lots of different answers but wondering if people are dying at the same, lesser or greater rates than the initial virus? Regardless of the answer, it's bad, just sincerely wanting to know the answer to those questions.

Wife and I had Covid starting Christmas day. It lasted 14 days and was not fun. Had an antibody test two weeks after getting well and had them. Then got our Pfizer shots in March. I might be a long hauler but I don't know if the virus or the shots caused it. First my wife and I had both had weeks of crazy spiking BP issues. It would come on in minutes and go sky high and I even had to have her carted out of our bedroom at Midnight by ambulance with 230/129 BP. Those incidents have waned and gone back to normal. However, I also had a couple of months of insane whole body muscle cramping. I mean even my hands would cramp just cleaning my glasses and if I yawned too deeply my face muscles would cramp (horrible). Some leg and thigh cramps would have me on the floor writhing. I finally got some stuff my doctor suggested called Jacob Treeze Leg Cramp formula. It stops them in less than a minute but tastes nasty. Now those are fewer and far between but my allergies seem to be far worse than ever before. I probably will never know exactly what caused all of it (shots or virus) nor what else may loom ahead. We both did take care of an 11 year old Grandchild with Covid and a high fever last month with close contact. We washed hands and used wipes but did not wear masks (she did) and we never were impacted by being around her.
I'm sorry you and yours have had a rough go of things. Hope you are back to normal asap.

People seem to focus on the death rates when many who don't pass from the illness have terrible lingering effects. Moreover, we don't know the long term effects and won't for some time.

Get vaccinated, people.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I'm sorry you and yours have had a rough go of things. Hope you are back to normal asap.

People seem to focus on the death rates when many who don't pass from the illness have terrible lingering effects. Moreover, we don't know the long term effects and won't for some time.

Get vaccinated, people.
That irritates me the most. The "but did they die?" mentality being used to downplay the virus...

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
What is the death rate of the Delta compared with the original version? I've heard lots of different answers but wondering if people are dying at the same, lesser or greater rates than the initial virus? Regardless of the answer, it's bad, just sincerely wanting to know the answer to those questions.

Wife and I had Covid starting Christmas day. It lasted 14 days and was not fun. Had an antibody test two weeks after getting well and had them. Then got our Pfizer shots in March. I might be a long hauler but I don't know if the virus or the shots caused it. First my wife and I had both had weeks of crazy spiking BP issues. It would come on in minutes and go sky high and I even had to have her carted out of our bedroom at Midnight by ambulance with 230/129 BP. Those incidents have waned and gone back to normal. However, I also had a couple of months of insane whole body muscle cramping. I mean even my hands would cramp just cleaning my glasses and if I yawned too deeply my face muscles would cramp (horrible). Some leg and thigh cramps would have me on the floor writhing. I finally got some stuff my doctor suggested called Jacob Treeze Leg Cramp formula. It stops them in less than a minute but tastes nasty. Now those are fewer and far between but my allergies seem to be far worse than ever before. I probably will never know exactly what caused all of it (shots or virus) nor what else may loom ahead. We both did take care of an 11 year old Grandchild with Covid and a high fever last month with close contact. We washed hands and used wipes but did not wear masks (she did) and we never were impacted by being around her.

Get vaccinated, people.
You know I haven't heard this from anyone, but it wouldn't shock me to see people start. Can you imagine, what if this disease was tweaked so that it basically picked up on existing issues in a patient, specifically ones that many people might be susceptible to such as cardiac issues, brain issues or pneumonia etc and then what it did was exacerbate that so that it would become an outcome of the disease?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
You know I haven't heard this from anyone, but it wouldn't shock me to see people start. Can you imagine, what if this disease was tweaked so that it basically picked up on existing issues in a patient, specifically ones that many people might be susceptible to such as cardiac issues, brain issues or pneumonia etc and then what it did was exacerbate that so that it would become an outcome of the disease?

Just... Just stop... Whatever fringe sites you're visiting for covid news, just stop. "Can you imagine if the disease was 'tweaked' to exacerbate susceptible illnesses"??...

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Had a thought over lunch and I'm sure this has been answered but I'll throw it out there anyways.

If you are vaxed, you are much less likely to get the VID and even if you contract it your symptoms are much less severe (typically). Are the potential long term effects the same in unvaxed people who would most likely have more severe symptoms verses vaxed people who would most likely have minimal symptoms? My thought is no.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Just... Just stop... Whatever fringe sites you're visiting for covid news, just stop. "Can you imagine if the disease was 'tweaked' to exacerbate susceptible illnesses"??...
I said I haven't heard it.
This is me trying to think like them. You know, the chip people. Trying to guess the next conspiracy.

I wholeheartedly believe this escaped from Wuhan and was being altered, but not in this way.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Had a thought over lunch and I'm sure this has been answered but I'll throw it out there anyways.

If you are vaxed, you are much less likely to get the VID and even if you contract it your symptoms are much less severe (typically). Are the potential long term effects the same in unvaxed people who would most likely have more severe symptoms verses vaxed people who would most likely have minimal symptoms? My thought is no.
https://kfoxtv.com/news/local/7-fully-vaccinated-people-have-died-from-covid-19-in-el-paso

Pokit N

Gent of Good Intent
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
Lily Lake, IL
I've heard of people being treated with that and it helping avoid severity.

From what I understand in Mexico they had a test and treat protocol w/ this drug. They'd test you and if you came back positive they'd give you this right away. Does it work? :confused: