Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Did you forget that there are some people who can't get vaccinated? For instance, those on immunosuppressive therapy, like my niece. I mean, it would be nice if we could reach vaccination levels that would protect people like that, but since people have politicized it its doubtful that we will get there. So, are they just out of luck because Mr. Sippy Cup doesn't want to be "penalized" by wearing a mask (surely the equivalent of being disemboweled).

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
It's quite clear there is a certain population who cannot receive the vaccine, just like there will always be a certain population that can't receive other kinds of preventative medications for whatever reason. However, that in and of itself doesn't justify forcing the ENTIRE country's population to mask up. Where was your sensitivity to this during the previous flu seasons over the course of your niece's existence? I sure don't recall any posts you made on here demanding everyone mask up, for fear of your amusing retorts. I suggest you consider growing up a little also.

Mar 11, 2006
Did you forget that there are some people who can't get vaccinated? For instance, those on immunosuppressive therapy, like my niece. I mean, it would be nice if we could reach vaccination levels that would protect people like that, but since people have politicized it its doubtful that we will get there. So, are they just out of luck because Mr. Sippy Cup doesn't want to be "penalized" by wearing a mask (surely the equivalent of being disemboweled).

So you are advocating for mask mandates until each and every person is safe from the virus and there is zero risk?

I am confident if you polled most Americans...most Americans don't enjoy wearing masks. It is not being a baby saying you don't want to wear a mask, it is being honest. People have different opinions ...it is called dialogue. Not wanting to wear a mask after you are vaccinated is a VERY REASONABLE thought and opinion. We know you have a different view, but resorting to name-calling of another poster does not help defend your opinion.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
The bad news is....the Delta is a bad deal and going strong. Mayor said this am most of our covid patients in Tulsa area hospitals are out of towners (mentioned SW Missouri specifically) but I also heard of a youngish lady who used to work for one of our clinics died today with Covid....she was in her 30's. Tragic and sad.

However...The mayor said Vaccines are up a bit. Also was looking at the data and the spike in cases in the UK is dropping nearly as fast as it rose with Delta.

Hopefully we will get through this with less death and more immunity than previously. Stay safe, stay smart...please get vaccinated if you haven't...for yourself and your neighbor.

Dec 9, 2013
Yea, in fact it is a penalty and a burden when I'm forced to do something like that. I'll wear one when a business directs me to, but it doesn't make it any less of a burden. Leading up to this "Delta" variant we were repeateadly told information and recommendations that literally changed daily, with the most recent being that if you receive the vaccination you're good to go in terms of not only significantly reducing the risk of getting it again, but also significantly reducing the symptoms if you were to get it again. To date the facts support both of those comments, yet now we're told not so fast, better mask back up because we certainly don't want to infect those who now choose NOT to receive the vaccine. As I said before, let's keep up the effort to get more people vaccinated. Let's take the football season, make the games a maskless, full-capacity event and if you haven't been vaccinated and aren't comfortable attending, listen on the radio or watch it on TV from a tailgate or someone's home.
No it’s not a penalty. It’s not a burden. It’s not a limitation on your freedoms.

Dec 9, 2013
Hey smart-***, learn how to interpret responses that YOU solicited. I simply responded to a comment and question, not ask for some kind of pity party.
I’m pretty sure if we were all in a room someone would would claim we are all asses. That being the case I’d always rather be a smart one. Always told my kids it beats being a dumbass by a mile.

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
The IVERCOR-COVID19 Trial, BMC Infect. Dis. 2021 Jul 2;21(1):635.

1. Doesn't prevent hospitalizations.
2. Ivermectin treated patients required earlier mechanical ventilation.
3. No significant differences in any of the secondary outcomes.

This is pretty definitive.

There were a lot of other reasons the doctor on here was ridiculed. Ivermectin wasn't even a major one.

There are a whole lot of Dr’s out there still using it and promoting it. We shall see. I just watched two Doctors sing praises for Ivermectin about 15 minutes ago. Whole lot of quacks out there. Some are on tv and some are on message boards.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
There are a whole lot of Dr’s out there still using it and promoting it. We shall see. I just watched two Doctors sing praises for Ivermectin about 15 minutes ago. Whole lot of quacks out there. Some are on tv and some are on message boards.
I don't think they are promoting it as much as they are just trying to be cool with a treatment that most likely won't kill you and gets you to trust them enough to take the vaccine. An overwhelming majority of medical professionals are in favor of getting their patients vaccinated but many are human and are dealing with their political versus professional views. Just as many are trying to do right by their patients and coaxing them to get the shot. It's possible your doctor wasn't worried about the side effects and figured that was a way to get you comfortable with getting it. It's also possible he spent too much time with crazy people and just gave up and your interpretation of the conversation is different.

From my personal experience, the medical practice I go to has super right wing leadership. They are as pro Trump as it gets but Nate could suggest cyanide and I'd take it. I'm doing what my doctor tells me to do.

They suggested the vaccine and when I brought up alternative medicine they said Ivermectin was crap. If your doctor is, well do want he says but I'm following the advice of a practice that was cool with Jan 6th but puts my safety above that.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
I am still a bit dumbfounded with this. I get trying this stuff on any and every parasite/mite/louse known to man, but when and who thought this might be effective against a virus?

Do we also have scientists out there trying to see how effective Fenbendazole or Pyrantel Pamoate is on this virus? They are also effective wormers.
There was an early study that showed that it had activity against the virus in a petri dish, but the levels that were used in the petri dish were unachievable in a human body. It's like this...

petri dish.png

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
So you are advocating for mask mandates until each and every person is safe from the virus and there is zero risk?

I am confident if you polled most Americans...most Americans don't enjoy wearing masks. It is not being a baby saying you don't want to wear a mask, it is being honest. People have different opinions ...it is called dialogue. Not wanting to wear a mask after you are vaccinated is a VERY REASONABLE thought and opinion. We know you have a different view, but resorting to name-calling of another poster does not help defend your opinion.
That's a nice strawman, and you took a good hack at it.

Not wanting to wear a mask is reasonable. Seeing a minor inconvenience as a "penalty" is childish and stupid, and I'm going to call childish and stupid what it is, childish and stupid. And do I need to point out that Mr "100% for vaccination" is again here white-knighting an anti position. What are you for exactly?

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
It's quite clear there is a certain population who cannot receive the vaccine, just like there will always be a certain population that can't receive other kinds of preventative medications for whatever reason. However, that in and of itself doesn't justify forcing the ENTIRE country's population to mask up. Where was your sensitivity to this during the previous flu seasons over the course of your niece's existence? I sure don't recall any posts you made on here demanding everyone mask up, for fear of your amusing retorts. I suggest you consider growing up a little also.
"Previous flu season" and "worldwide pandemic" are different things. Your logic is flawed, Sippy Cup.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Do me a favor.

Google 223 new Covid cases and see what happens.

Now. Pick any number up to 2,500 and do the exact same search.

Please let me know what you find. Any number. Particularly any 3 digit number seems to have a story. Just tried 3456 and yup, there’s a story.
Fear sells. The more fear can be hyped, the more money they make. It's a conflict of interest, and it makes our population walk around believing the world is a really scary, bad place.

May 31, 2007
OK & CA
Lets keep an incentive for people to get vaccinated and don’t create policies that run counter to the objective of getting more people vaccinated.

Even Biden top health advisor said on CNN yesterday that most cloth masks are not effective at reducing transmission. Surprising he said it but not shocking.
I was saying this more than a year ago. About 99% of the masks you see people wearing are useless. Either because of the type of mask, how they are wearing it, or due to hygiene.