Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
When is this vaccine mandate supposed to take effect? I just asked my wife if OSU has put out any communication on it and she said no. They currently have 175 job openings in Stillwater alone. I didn’t check the other campuses.

My guess is most employers are going to wait this out and hope the legal challenges hold up. OSU benefits are great. The actual pay is not.

Dec 9, 2013
When is this vaccine mandate supposed to take effect? I just asked my wife if OSU has put out any communication on it and she said no. They currently have 175 job openings in Stillwater alone. I didn’t check the other campuses.

My guess is most employers are going to wait this out and hope the legal challenges hold up. OSU benefits are great. The actual pay is not.
FoxNews has a more strict vaccine/testing mandate than the proposed Biden mandate.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year

My guess is that employers are going to look at the cost of hospitalizations and the mandate vaccination.

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Pfizer says its Covid vaccine is safe and generates robust immune response in kids ages 5 to 11

A smaller dose of Pfizer and BioNTech’s Covid-19 vaccine is safe and generates a “robust” immune response in a clinical trial of kids ages 5 to 11, the drugmakers announced Monday.

The data, which included more than 2,200 children, will be submitted to the Food and Drug Administration and other health regulators “as soon as possible,” the companies said. Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said last week the company could submit data on children ages 5 to 11 by the end of this month. If the FDA spends as much time reviewing the data for that age group as it did for 12- to 15-year-olds, the shots could be available in time for Halloween.

The companies tested a two-dose regimen of 10 micrograms — about a third the dosage used for teens and adults — administered three weeks apart. They said the shots were well tolerated and produced an immune response and side effects comparable to those seen in a study of people ages 16 to 25.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

Lol, most companies are NOT "waiting this out." My company, with under 100 employees, acted a full two weeks prior to Biden's mandate, as did megacompany Walmart and many others. This is very common and necessary in many areas, sadly people are so stubborn and that stubbornness is still causing hospitalizations and deaths....not to mention job loss.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
How in the world is the government going to monitor every company with 100+ employees to ensure 100% vaccination or weekly tests are in place?
They can't. It's just like a mask mandate that has no teeth because they can only arrest you for trespassing if the store tells you to leave. They can't actually arrest you for disobeying the mandate. There's just not enough police, or in the case of the federal system, agents to enforce it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Nov 23, 2010

OSU employees aren't covered right? They're state employees and not subject to OSHA.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Today’s the 10th day since full on stadium openings. Not sure on the incubation periods anymore, but won’t we see a surge this week if the prior strategies don’t work? Or in other words. We should be seeing an explosion of new infections this week.
There were more fans in and around the stadium in Norman as I have ever seen. Bars and restaurants completely packed with little to no masks in sight. If there ever was going to be an outbreak, now would be the time. Fortunately, many of these people will be vaccinated or have natural antibodies.

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
Edmond
Today’s the 10th day since full on stadium openings. Not sure on the incubation periods anymore, but won’t we see a surge this week if the prior strategies don’t work? Or in other words. We should be seeing an explosion of new infections this week.
I was wondering the same thing. College football's first weekend was four weeks ago and even with full stadiums, bars, and restaurants, cases are declining. Could be that half or more of the people are vaccinated or previously infected. But "superspreader event" may just be a misnomer.

Lol, most companies are NOT "waiting this out." My company, with under 100 employees, acted a full two weeks prior to Biden's mandate, as did megacompany Walmart and many others. This is very common and necessary in many areas, sadly people are so stubborn and that stubbornness is still causing hospitalizations and deaths....not to mention job loss.
You also work in healthcare correct?

They can't. It's just like a mask mandate that has no teeth because they can only arrest you for trespassing if the store tells you to leave. They can't actually arrest you for disobeying the mandate. There's just not enough police, or in the case of the federal system, agents to enforce it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
It’s about the dumbest rule ever. This covid is so sophisticated it only spreads in businesses that have more than 100 people. Where I work we have 80-90 I guess the virus knows to leave us alone.

It’s kind of like it spreads in a locally owned jewelry store but does not spread in Walmart that has thousands more customers every day.

Take a Walgreens for example. They have over 100 employees but you’ll only see a handful at any one time in a store vs another business they may have 50 employees on site every day.

Good thing we are “following the science.”

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
There were more fans in and around the stadium in Norman as I have ever seen. Bars and restaurants completely packed with little to no masks in sight. If there ever was going to be an outbreak, now would be the time. Fortunately, many of these people will be vaccinated or have natural antibodies.
I was wondering the same thing. College football's first weekend was four weeks ago and even with full stadiums, bars, and restaurants, cases are declining. Could be that half or more of the people are vaccinated or previously infected. But "superspreader event" may just be a misnomer.
I think we are all about to find out

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year

OSU employees aren't covered right? They're state employees and not subject to OSHA.
I have been a state employee. OSHA is federal law and definitely applies to state agencies.

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask