Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 23, 2010
I have been a state employee. OSHA is federal law and definitely applies to state agencies.

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask
This is what I see on the OSHA.gov site:

State and Local Government Workers

Workers at state and local government agencies are not covered by OSHA, but have OSH Act protections if they work in states that have an OSHA-approved State Plan. OSHA rules also permit states and territories to develop plans that cover state and local government workers only. In these cases, private sector workers and employers remain under federal OSHA jurisdiction.

https://www.osha.gov/stateplans/faqs

Oklahoma is not listed as having an OSHA approved plan.

This is what I see on the OSHA.gov site:

State and Local Government Workers

Workers at state and local government agencies are not covered by OSHA, but have OSH Act protections if they work in states that have an OSHA-approved State Plan. OSHA rules also permit states and territories to develop plans that cover state and local government workers only. In these cases, private sector workers and employers remain under federal OSHA jurisdiction.

https://www.osha.gov/stateplans/faqs

Oklahoma is not listed as having an OSHA approved plan.
Learn something every day.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
How do you measure it? Tens of thousands of people from a multi state area.
Right here on orange power. Several posters are updating state case numbers. Like last week, Oklahoma’s was heading downwards. If we don’t see a spike upwards in the next 7 days, we might be able to conclude our measures are working. Could be encouraging. Or. The opposite could happen. Huge spikes. Cold weather. Economic downturn. Holding out hope here.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
You also work in healthcare correct?
My company owns millions of square feet of commercial real estate, the small subsidiary that I manage is the only one in healthcare. These mandates were made company wide without my or the company I manage, input. Also Walmart’s main business isn’t healthcare either and they acted.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
It’s about the dumbest rule ever. This covid is so sophisticated it only spreads in businesses that have more than 100 people. Where I work we have 80-90 I guess the virus knows to leave us alone.

It’s kind of like it spreads in a locally owned jewelry store but does not spread in Walmart that has thousands more customers every day.

Take a Walgreens for example. They have over 100 employees but you’ll only see a handful at any one time in a store vs another business they may have 50 employees on site every day.

Good thing we are “following the science.”
The “common sense” says get the vaccine…so does the science, the logic, the politics, the policy, and the mandates. The , apolitical, choice based on common sense is to get it. So sad that some are having to be forced by the economics of it.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Right here on orange power. Several posters are updating state case numbers. Like last week, Oklahoma’s was heading downwards. If we don’t see a spike upwards in the next 7 days, we might be able to conclude our measures are working. Could be encouraging. Or. The opposite could happen. Huge spikes. Cold weather. Economic downturn. Holding out hope here.
1,720 new cases today with the 7-day average at 1,911. This has been trending down from the latest peak of nearly 2,800 new daily cases at the beginning of this month. With schools back in session and nearly a month long downward trend, I think we're headed in the right direction.

1,720 new cases today with the 7-day average at 1,911. This has been trending down from the latest peak of nearly 2,800 new daily cases at the beginning of this month. With schools back in session and nearly a month long downward trend, I think we're headed in the right direction.
We’ve gone from a little over 100 students and 20 staff employees to 0 staff and under 20 students in Stillwater.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
And hopefully with the news from Pfizer regarding 5-11yo, we'll have another round of ammo to soon to help continue pulling the numbers down.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
An office building with 50 people is exempt. A large trucking company is not. It’s all about the “science” people.
When the shutdown occurred people like yourself complained that they were only thinking of the science and that the economy matters too and needs to be considered. Now, they create a policy and try to make it not have a burden on small businesses which are clearly struggling more than large companies and you complain that they are not following science.

There are the people that do, and the people that do nothing but complain about how others did things.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
An office building with 50 people is exempt. A large trucking company is not. It’s all about the “science” people.
It's about getting as many people vaccinated as possible, which is science. The government has more power to check on larger companies, which is politics. You might want to learn the difference between the two Mr. Party of cognitive dissonance.

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask

When the shutdown occurred people like yourself complained that they were only thinking of the science and that the economy matters too and needs to be considered. Now, they create a policy and try to make it not have a burden on small businesses which are clearly struggling more than large companies and you complain that they are not following science.

There are the people that do, and the people that do nothing but complain about how others did things.
Shutting down a local jewelry store and still allowing Walmart to be open is “is only thinking about the science?”

My complaint then and still is now there was zero scientific justification for what happened. The only science followed during the shutdown was political science.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Shutting down a local jewelry store and still allowing Walmart to be open is “is only thinking about the science?”

My complaint then and still is now there was zero scientific justification for what happened. The only science followed during the shutdown was political science.
What would you have done? For "science" would you have closed all shopping and told everyone to fend for themselves at home for sustenance? Would you have done nothing and left everything open? You are complaining but as usual offering nothing. How would you have fixed the issues you are talking about?

And, if you say "I would have left everything open" just remember that you were being told that would potentially cause millions of deaths. Hindsight is the world of whiners, what would you have done then?

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
It’s about the dumbest rule ever. This covid is so sophisticated it only spreads in businesses that have more than 100 people. Where I work we have 80-90 I guess the virus knows to leave us alone.

It’s kind of like it spreads in a locally owned jewelry store but does not spread in Walmart that has thousands more customers every day.

Take a Walgreens for example. They have over 100 employees but you’ll only see a handful at any one time in a store vs another business they may have 50 employees on site every day.

Good thing we are “following the science.”
Also kind of like the restaurants or airplanes, it's so sophisticated AND CONSIDERATE that it knows to cease spreading when masks are down to eat or drink. It's just amazing.

What would you have done? For "science" would you have closed all shopping and told everyone to fend for themselves at home for sustenance? Would you have done nothing and left everything open? You are complaining but as usual offering nothing. How would you have fixed the issues you are talking about?

And, if you say "I would have left everything open" just remember that you were being told that would potentially cause millions of deaths. Hindsight is the world of whiners, what would you have done then?
Yes I would have left it all open. If Walmart can stay open with certain procedures in place (limit numbers in the store, masks, etc) every business on Main Street can be allowed to follow the same rules. Businesses learned to adapt when given the opportunity. Car side delivery is one option nobody heard of 2 years ago. The idea that shutting down a business with maybe 30-50 customers a day was going to stop the spread while allowing thousands a day to enter Walmart is beyond ridiculous.