Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Exactly!! And also individuals. Liberals just don't believe that's possible without government help.
I'm seeing a lot of individuals making their choices and learning to adapt to home oxygen, mobility scooters and/or the casket. Of course, just last night one of these gifted adapters claimed that the issue is us doctors and our treatments that caused the harm. Funny, they are so individualistic and believe in their own innate abilities more than the experts yet when it doesn't go right then aren't honorable enough to accept that they made poor choices. Instead they snowflake blame the medical system and government that tried so hard to help save them from themselves.

My choice, but not my responsibility or my fault. The modern conservative.

Cases and deaths are basically the same levels as a year ago. Nobody is advocating for shutting down Main Street. I wonder why that is?

The whole essential non essential thing at the time was just as ridiculous then as it is now. Liquor stores are considered essential?

You can’t buy a bracelet but buy all the booze you want. I’m sure more alcoholics drank themselves to death than the number of people who would have died buying bracelets.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
I'm seeing a lot of individuals making their choices and learning to adapt to home oxygen, mobility scooters and/or the casket. Of course, just last night one of these gifted adapters claimed that the issue is us doctors and our treatments that caused the harm. Funny, they are so individualistic and believe in their own innate abilities more than the experts yet when it doesn't go right then aren't honorable enough to accept that they made poor choices. Instead they snowflake blame the medical system and government that tried so hard to help save them from themselves.

So you leave your mask on while you eat and/or drink anything?

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii

Are you sure it’s only conservatives? Zero clue. Honest question.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Are you sure it’s only conservatives? Zero clue. Honest question.
It was a facetious reply to the boing old "liberals......" as if half the population thinks identically but, yes, for the most part the people that I have dealt with that ignore the advice of the medical profession, get sick, then blame the medical profession for not fixing them have been virtually exclusively conservative. And, by "conservative" I'm using the word to mean what is occurring now, not old-school conservatism of Goldwater, Reagan etc.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
It was a facetious reply to the boing old "liberals......" as if half the population thinks identically but, yes, for the most part the people that I have dealt with that ignore the advice of the medical profession, get sick, then blame the medical profession for not fixing them have been virtually exclusively conservative. And, by "conservative" I'm using the word to mean what is occurring now, not old-school conservatism of Goldwater, Reagan etc.
Gotcha. You’re in the trenches so I was curious.

This right here, is going to be a major problem to the very people we speak of:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DKayzxx/status/1440105058981621762?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1440105058981621762%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.godlikeproductions.com%2Fforum1%2Fmessage4914111%2Fpg1

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
With anti vaccine fanatics, like Alex Jones, Mike Adams, Dr. Mikovits and a bunch of others often putting out down right crazy, scary stuff against the vaccines, I'm not surprised that an outfit, like Veritas would want to get on the band wagon, too. I only got a sore upper arm twice from the vaccines, but wonder how really rare the severe adverse reactions are. Anyway, maybe medical science needs to do a better job in how to determine what people have medical conditions that make them inadvisable to take a covid vaccine.

Meanwhile, some doctors are threatened with getting their medical licenses taken away for prescribing Ivermectin. I don't see how that can be justified, unless it can be shown those doctors are losing more patients to covid than doctors who don't prescribe it.

Last edited:

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
With anti vaccine fanatics, like Alex Jones, Mike Adams, Dr. Mikovits and a bunch of others often putting out down right crazy, scary stuff against the vaccines, I'm not surprised that an outfit, like Veritas would want to get on the band wagon, too. I only got a sore upper arm twice from the vaccines, but wonder how really rare the severe adverse reactions are. Anyway, maybe medical science needs to do a better job in how to determine what people have medical conditions that make them inadvisable to take a covid vaccine.

Meanwhile, some doctors are threatened with getting their medical licenses taken away for prescribing Ivermectin. I don't see how that can be justified, unless it can be shown those doctors are losing more patients to covid than doctors who don't prescribe it.
And that was only part 1.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
And the Australian mandate is working well. Here’s the construction union refusing to move. Doubling down by promising to keep it up since construction has been closed down for the next 2 weeks.
https://mobile.twitter.com/OzraeliAvi/status/1440132641882214402?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1440132641882214402%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.godlikeproductions.com%2Fforum1%2Fmessage4914131%2Fpg1

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC

Seems like it might help to clarify a couple things here. First, the VAERS is one of the most liberal in the world in the sense that basically anything that happens after a vaccine could get entered and all deaths have to be entered even if they are obviously and completely unrelated to the vaccine. So, what's reported there requires a ton of follow up and research because the information is largely unrelated garbage. I'll reuse an analogy, but it would be like setting up a system for every time something bad happened in the two weeks after eating at a McDonald's and also requiring reporting on everyone who dies in a car crash after getting drive through. Could some of those crashes be related to distracted driving from eating? Sure, but almost all are going to be related to something else. That's basically our reporting system, which also means that adverse events related to the vaccine are vastly over reported in VAERS.

Second, much like we've seen on here with people showing graphs of side effect profiles for even rare effects, the number of people researching this is mind blowing. Thousands of researchers with information on vaccination status and clinical outcomes are tracking these data and doing exactly what you're suggesting. The reality is that so far the side effects of the mRNA vaccines are a lot like other vaccines we have. Serious effects are incredibly rare and many are treatable. Deaths are rarer to almost non existent. The idea that "the government" could just cover up serious side effects is not possible without going super conspiracy theory because the data on vaccines and clinical outcomes are no longer under their control. Yes, they have their own data, but so do thousands of hospital systems, clinical networks, and health systems outside of the US. For a conspiracy like that to work where serious side effects get covered up, every government and every one of the thousands of researchers would have to be in on it.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
There were more fans in and around the stadium in Norman as I have ever seen. Bars and restaurants completely packed with little to no masks in sight. If there ever was going to be an outbreak, now would be the time. Fortunately, many of these people will be vaccinated or have natural antibodies.
I was wondering the same thing. College football's first weekend was four weeks ago and even with full stadiums, bars, and restaurants, cases are declining. Could be that half or more of the people are vaccinated or previously infected. But "superspreader event" may just be a misnomer.
I think we are all about to find out
We should have already. It's been 3 weeks in Stillwater and most other big college towns.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Yes I would have left it all open. If Walmart can stay open with certain procedures in place (limit numbers in the store, masks, etc) every business on Main Street can be allowed to follow the same rules. Businesses learned to adapt when given the opportunity. Car side delivery is one option nobody heard of 2 years ago. The idea that shutting down a business with maybe 30-50 customers a day was going to stop the spread while allowing thousands a day to enter Walmart is beyond ridiculous.

And you would have potentially gone down in infamy as the biggest killer of people in nearly a century. Not a business, thousands of businesses. You don't understand large numbers. One fortunate thing about this virus is it tends to flare up then die off. It doesn't always spread where it could. We don't know why, and certainly at that time did not know it would do it that way. Think about if what happened in NYC hit the entire country as it could have and your "leadership" had people still out buying bracelets during the mayhem. But, yeah, just as I thought, you are hindsighting it and claiming that you knew.
You mean, what if every state and town shoved positive patients in nursing homes??

Sorry, just had to.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
And you would have potentially gone down in infamy as the biggest killer of people in nearly a century. Not a business, thousands of businesses. You don't understand large numbers. One fortunate thing about this virus is it tends to flare up then die off. It doesn't always spread where it could. We don't know why, and certainly at that time did not know it would do it that way. Think about if what happened in NYC hit the entire country as it could have and your "leadership" had people still out buying bracelets during the mayhem. But, yeah, just as I thought, you are hindsighting it and claiming that you knew.
I think it's perfectly logical to understand why people were up in arms when the authorities shut society down. It had never been done, it didn't appear to be logical, it was during a contentious election year, and, in hindsight, it wasn't the smartest way to do things to treat spread out Main Street like packed Manhattan. However, mask weren't available in large quantities then and we didn't know how to keep the virus from spreading in a massive way. Bottom line, I think the reasonable thing to do would be to be understanding and forgive those who thought things differently, like each of us did when this thing started. Unity is important, far more important than we realized before the pandemic and the politics of division that have gone right along with it needs to end. While I'm upset with folks that I see as prolonging this pandemic (i.e. the anti vax crowd), I'm also willing to forgive them and move past this at some point down the line. It's very important that we do or we will be in a constant state of what we are seeing in Australia right now (btw, can't say that I blame them considering the extent of their lock down from the world) AND what we saw here last Summer and on January 6th. Once again, we need to forgive and move forward...my hope is that we all can soon.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
Gotcha. You’re in the trenches so I was curious.

This right here, is going to be a major problem to the very people we speak of:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DKayzxx/status/1440105058981621762?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1440105058981621762%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.godlikeproductions.com%2Fforum1%2Fmessage4914111%2Fpg1
Without even watching the video...

1. There isn't a "the vaccine". There are 4 worldwide, 3 on the US market. They are in competition with each other and have a vested interest in cornering the market.

2. Biden-Pelosi have every reason to blow the whistle on Trump incompetence. They would have him on double-secret impeachment. Likewise, Trump officials have every reason to blow the whistle on any Biden cover-up.

3. Research is being done in multiple countries so it would have to be a worldwide cover-up.

4. Research is being done by nongovernment scientists, so the conspiracy would have to be unbelievably vast in scope.

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year

Who is being threatened with their license being taken away?

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask