Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
So, they put the vaccine in salad dressing, store it at -20, ship it out to restaurants and grocery stores that don't have -20 freezers, they sit in on salad bars and shelves, and it all becomes inactive.

What absolute morons.
must be russian dressing.

Jokes on them. I make my Ranch from packet and store it in a mason jar. No way I touch that commie russian dressing!

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
must be russian dressing.

Jokes on them. I make my Ranch from packet and store it in a mason jar. No way I touch that commie russian dressing!
House roommate my junior year would tell me he was having some crazy nightmares during a stretch of a semester. When I finally discovered he was putting away 4-5 hard boiled eggs very late in the evenings while doing homework and dipping them in Russian dressing, I think we found the source ;)

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
House roommate my junior year would tell me he was having some crazy nightmares during a stretch of a semester. When I finally discovered he was putting away 4-5 hard boiled eggs very late in the evenings while doing homework and dipping them in Russian dressing, I think we found the source ;)
note to self: Russian dressing + boiled eggs = hallucinagenic.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
16 ye old girl posted on social media last year she had COVID....the school she went to wasn't notifying parents if kids had been exposed or not. Angry parents begin calling the school and yelling at the administration for not telling them their kids were exposed. Local sheriff sent officers to her house and ordered her to take down the post claiming it was causing civil disruption

Federal judge has just rules the sheriff violated her 1st amendment rights

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CUVLm8IAuiB/?utm_medium=copy_link

Who didn’t see something like this happening? I had a feeling we would see large numbers of people quit but never imagined it would be so bad the national guard would have to be called in.

New York may tap National Guard to replace unvaccinated healthcare workers

Nathan Layne
September 27, 20218:57 AM CDTLast Updated 4 hours ago
Sept 26 (Reuters) - New York Governor Kathy Hochul is considering employing the National Guard and out-of-state medical workers to fill hospital staffing shortages with tens of thousands of workers possibly losing their jobs for not meeting a Monday deadline for mandated COVID-19 vaccination.

The plan, outlined in a statement from Hochul on Saturday, would allow her to declare a state of emergency to increase the supply of healthcare workers to include licensed professionals from other states and countries as well as retired nurses.

Hochul said the state was also looking at using National Guard officers with medical training to keep hospitals and other medical facilities adequately staffed. Some 16% of the state's 450,000 hospital staff, or roughly 72,000 workers, have not been fully vaccinated, the governor's office said.

The plan comes amid a broader battle between state and federal government leaders pushing for vaccine mandates to help counter the highly infectious Delta variant of the novel coronavirus and workers who are against inoculation requirements, some objecting on religious grounds.

Hochul attended the Sunday service at a large church in New York City to ask Christians to help promote vaccines.

"I need you to be my apostles. I need you to go out and talk about it and say, we owe this to each other," Hochul told congregants at the Christian Cultural Center in Brooklyn, according to an official transcript.

"Jesus taught us to love one another and how do you show that love but to care about each other enough to say, please get the vaccine because I love you and I want you to live."

Advertisement

Scroll to continue with content

Healthcare workers who are fired for refusing to get vaccinated will not be eligible for unemployment insurance unless they are able to provide a valid doctor-approved request for medical accommodation, Hochul's office said.

An ambulance arrives at the emergency entrance outside Mount Sinai Hospital in Manhattan during the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in New York City, New York, U.S., April 13, 2020. REUTERS/Mike Segar/File Photo
A nurse receives a vaccination at Mt. Sinai Hospital during the COVID-19 pandemic in New York, U.S., December 15, 2020. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
An ambulance arrives at the emergency entrance outside Mount Sinai Hospital in Manhattan during the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in New York City, New York, U.S., April 13, 2020. REUTERS/Mike Segar/File Photo
1/2
A nurse receives a vaccination at Mt. Sinai Hospital during the COVID-19 pandemic in New York, U.S., December 15, 2020. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri

It was not immediately clear how pending legal cases concerning religious exemptions would apply to the state's plan to move ahead and terminate unvaccinated healthcare workers.

A federal judge in Albany temporarily ordered New York state officials to allow religious exemptions for the state-imposed vaccine mandate on healthcare workers, which was put in place by former Governor Andrew Cuomo and takes effect on Monday.

A requirement for New York City school teachers and staff to get vaccinated was temporarily blocked by a U.S. appeals court just days before it was to take effect. A hearing is set for Wednesday.

The highly transmissible Delta variant has driven a surge in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations in the United States that peaked in early September and has since fallen, according to a Reuters tally. Deaths, a lagging indicator, continue to rise with the nation reporting about 2,000 lives lost on average a day for the past week, mostly in the unvaccinated.

While nationally cases are down about 25% from their autumn peak, rising new infections in New York have only recently leveled off, according to a Reuters tally.

In an attempt to better protect the most vulnerable, the CDC on Friday backed a booster shot of the Pfizer-BioNTech (PFE.N), COVID-19 vaccine for Americans aged 65 and older, adults with underlying medical conditions and adults in high-risk working and institutional settings.

On Sunday, CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky fleshed out who should be eligible for the booster shots based on their work in high-risk settings.

"That includes people in homeless shelters, people in group homes, people in prisons, but also importantly, our people who work...with vulnerable communities," Walensky said during a TV interview. "So our health care workers, our teachers, our grocery workers, our public transportation employees."

Walensky decided to include a broader range of people than was recommended on Thursday by a group of expert outside advisers to the agency. The CDC director is not obliged to follow the advice of the panel.

Reporting by Nathan Layne in Wilton, Connecticut and Mike Stone in Washington; Editing by Lisa Shumaker

Last edited:

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
What is the vaccine mandate truly accomplishing in New York. They are about to lose over 70,000 people and replaced with the national guard? How is that taking a burden off the healthcare system there? Where are they going to find long term people to replace them? Will 70,,000 new workers move to New York now?

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
What is the vaccine mandate truly accomplishing in New York. They are about to lose over 70,000 people and replaced with the national guard? How is that taking a burden off the healthcare system there? Where are they going to find long term people to replace them? Will 70,,000 new workers move to New York now?
For enough money I would go.

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
New York has been consistently stupid in this fight against the virus...that's not a black mark on the vaccine itself, just over zealous government.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Or an unvaccinated person looks at the bridge and says it’s 99.997% safe. I’ll drive accross and take my chances and comfortable with the risk.
You be you man...just understand that many, if not most of us in the medical community see the vaccine itself as the bridge to being done with the virus, the lockdowns, the masking, and all things covid related. The point of the vaccine IS 100% to rid us of death, hospitalization, lockdowns and masking...NOT to continue it. If you want to feed your confirmation bias there is no shortage of things that you can find on the internet to do that...just understand that most of the data on hospitalization and death doesn't support the theory's that you are looking at on the net. Remember that graphic from the hospital where I work a few weeks ago when we had 108 covid in patients and only 8 of them were vaccinated and our ICU had 36 or so and ALL of them unvaccinated...that continues to be the case. In other words, swimming rather than using the bridge is in essence what those who don't get the prevention for covid (i.e. the vaccine) are doing. Prevention is taking the protection and driving across the bridge avoiding the water (covid), not taking the prevention is attempting to swim the waters of covid rather than take the bridge of avoidance of that water. It's your right and its fine, but right now its just an illogical choice...especially with the "mandates."

Last edited:
You be you man...just understand that many, if not most of us in the medical community see the vaccine itself as the bridge to being done with the virus, the lockdowns, the masking, and all things covid related. The point of the vaccine IS 100% to rid us of death, hospitalization, lockdowns and masking...NOT to continue it. If you want to feed your confirmation bias there is no shortage of things that you can find on the internet to do that...just understand that most of the data on hospitalization and death doesn't support the theory's that you are looking at on the net. Remember that graphic from the hospital where I work a few weeks ago when we had 108 covid in patients and only 8 of them were vaccinated and our ICU had 36 or so and ALL of them unvaccinated...that continues to be the case. In other word, swimming rather than using the bridge is in essence what those who don't get the prevention for covid (i.e. the vaccine) are doing. Prevention is taking the protection and driving across the bridge avoiding the water (covid), not taking the prevention is attempting to swim the waters of covid rather than take the bridge of avoidance of that water. It's your right and its fine, but right now its just an illogical choice...especially with the "mandates."
So now your a healthcare worker? Last week you managed real estate for a healthcare firm.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
70000 people are going to lose their job and due to the circumstances around it aren't eligible for unemployment. Those same people are going to struggle to find meaningful employment in their field because most medical facilities have similar requirements. What's the smart move for those 70000, do something that they know is safe and will protect them from a serious disease, or reduce their standard of living because "they have rights"? Those 70000 people are idiots and maybe they shouldn't be involved in the healthcare of others.

This whole thing is stupid. If you think you can do what you want, let your tags expire and drive without a seat belt. Same thing here. Six months ago if you were worried about the vaccine making you sick, I understood. Now after there are billions of examples saying it's fine, the only reason to hold out is because you are acting like a toddler. Toddlers get timeouts when they don't act right. Same thing for these people. They want to mess around and find out and they get.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
So now your a healthcare worker? Last week you managed real estate for a healthcare firm.
Jeez. He didn’t say he was a health care worker he said the very inclusive “medical community” because he has access to people and data that most don’t. I am a health care worker and what he said is accurate.

Talk about attacking the messenger just because you don’t like the message but know it is true.