Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 23, 2007
Today’s Washington Post has a story about a man who died of Covid in the Stillwater hospital during a frantic search for an ICU bed in a larger hospital where he could have an operation for his bleeding hematoma.

It’s now prominently featured online at Washingtonpost.com, which might be behind a paywall for most folks.

Last edited:

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Curious as to why the government doesn't make it mandatory for illegal immigrants to get vaccinated before entering the US. You could give them all J&J (one dose) because you know they would not show up for a second. They are mandating vaccinations for much of the population, but turning a blind eye at the border.

As legal travelers across US-Mexico border face vaccine mandate, illegal immigrants still do not

The Biden administration this week announced that the travel restrictions at the Canadian and Mexican land borders will be rolled back for non-essential travel for vaccinated foreign nationals, and that in January even those engaged in essential travel will need to be vaccinated – a mandate that those entering the U.S. illegally do not face.

Non-essential travel across land borders had been shut down since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic under the Trump administration. But this week, the Biden administration announced that non-essential travelers who have been fully vaccinated will be allowed to enter the U.S. via land and ferry ports of entry.

In November, travelers who are vaccinated will be allowed in for non-essential reasons. Then, beginning in January, DHS will require that all inbound foreign national travelers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide documentation to prove that.

However, that demand will not be made of illegal migrants who are encountered at the border, processed and released into the interior -- even as the Border Patrol agents processing them will also soon face a vaccine mandate.

However, that demand will not be made of illegal migrants who are encountered at the border, processed and released into the interior -- even as the Border Patrol agents processing them will also soon face a vaccine mandate.

While many single adults and some migrant families are quickly expelled due to Title 42 public health protections, many are not -- including a majority of migrant family units. Fox News reported this week that more than 160,000 migrants have been released into the interior, including more than 94,000 with Notices to Report to an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) facility. None of them faced a demand to be vaccinated.

I actually agree with you 100% on this. It's a disgusting double standard.

TSA says 40% of employees are unvaccinated as deadline looms
By Gregory Wallace and Pete Muntean, CNN
Updated 4:42 PM EDT, Wed October 13, 2021

(CNN) The Transportation Security Administration says 4-in-10 members of its workforce, including screeners, remain unvaccinated against Covid-19 as its deadline looms.

The deadline for civilian federal government workers to be fully vaccinated is November 22 -- the Monday before Thanksgiving, one of the busiest travel times of the year.

"We have about 60% of our workforce has been vaccinated, that that number needs to go quite a bit higher over the next few weeks," TSA Administrator David Pekoske told CNN in an exclusive interview.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Why do you think this is?
Because the left is held hostage by twitter. And being called racist is the worst thing you can be called in their world. Any type of compulsion by the government on non-white immigrants = racism in their books. Even sensible ones that we put on our own citizens. It's bananas.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I've been choosing between a vaccine and a job my entire working life. What a stupid thing to say.
If we are truly at 71% of Oklahoman's over 18 getting the vaccine or have gotten the vaccine, why do we need
Fed mandates when surely we have 75% of Oklahoman's with some sort of immunity at this point in time? Serious question, you know I 100% believe in this vaccine, and even our Governor got it despite having a history of anti vax in his personal family. Shouldn't someone who works for the feds be at least able to show them an anti body test to opt out...or won't we get to a point...or are we nearing it...where it will be unnecessary to mandate them?

Thanks for your answer in advance. I respect your opinion on this.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
If we are truly at 71% of Oklahoman's over 18 getting the vaccine or have gotten the vaccine, why do we need
Fed mandates when surely we have 75% of Oklahoman's with some sort of immunity at this point in time? Serious question, you know I 100% believe in this vaccine, and even our Governor got it despite having a history of anti vax in his personal family. Shouldn't someone who works for the feds be at least able to show them an anti body test to opt out...or won't we get to a point...or are we nearing it...where it will be unnecessary to mandate them?

Thanks for your answer in advance. I respect your opinion on this.
Broaden the question. Are you saying there should be no vaccination mandates for workers at all? Or, is it only this particular vaccine that is the issue? I have to take a PPD test where they inject it in my arm each year to show I do not have TB. Should that go away?

My feeling is that we are trying to kowtow to the people with irrational fears by hoping what we do without them is good enough. I agree it appears that there is immunity from having it and that should be good enough for at least some time frame from the date that you had it. But, the mindset behind it is bad. Just think if I devised a driving test and then let people get a little drunk (say 0.08) and they could prove that their driving at that level is equally as good as the lowest level allowed sober. Should those alcohol tolerant people get to drive a little drunk? From a pure science standpoint, yes. But, from a society standpoint, no. We don't want to condone that behavior or mindset.

Meanwhile, my former employer has put this out today. Very few deaths, no economic disaster, and now have surpassed us in vaccination rates.
1634595992465.png

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Broaden the question. Are you saying there should be no vaccination mandates for workers at all? Or, is it only this particular vaccine that is the issue? I have to take a PPD test where they inject it in my arm each year to show I do not have TB. Should that go away?

My feeling is that we are trying to kowtow to the people with irrational fears by hoping what we do without them is good enough. I agree it appears that there is immunity from having it and that should be good enough for at least some time frame from the date that you had it. But, the mindset behind it is bad. Just think if I devised a driving test and then let people get a little drunk (say 0.08) and they could prove that their driving at that level is equally as good as the lowest level allowed sober. Should those alcohol tolerant people get to drive a little drunk? From a pure science standpoint, yes. But, from a society standpoint, no. We don't want to condone that behavior or mindset.

Meanwhile, my former employer has put this out today. Very few deaths, no economic disaster, and now have surpassed us in vaccination rates.
View attachment 92599
No, I'm not saying no vaccine mandates for federal employees on all vaccines...I'm just making an argument that maybe the government could perhaps provide leeway for those who can prove immunity by a blood test...and those who have other objections. My thought is that if this group is small enough it's not an issue...right? But if the group is large, it is an issue for immunity? As far as the Aussies I'm glad they have saved lives, however, it's not really my business how they carry out theirs.