Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
"Fauci's reply is dated February 5, 2020" when we knew next to nothing about the virus.
Your man crush already pointed this out. Try to keep up. The argument could be made that the lying little prick Fauci still knows “next to nothing about the virus”.
Only by an ignoramus.

Still waiting for you to prove that 700-0.

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Your man crush already pointed this out. Try to keep up. The argument could be made that the lying little prick Fauci still knows “next to nothing about the virus”.
History may remember Fauci the way we do Einstein. And that has nothing to do with the current pandemic. He got where he is by being a brilliant scientist.

If you want to make the argument that his legacy has been tarnished by political decisions during the pandemic that is fair, but he was put in that position by the previous administration and they completely sold him out for political purposes.

Calling him a "lying little prick" is completely uncalled for

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
The problem of course is that is a selected patient population. I doubt he is flat-out lying. For example, I have treated more than 700 and have had WAY more than 5 hospitalizations and unfortunately a lot of deaths. But, my patient population is veterans and many of them are old, sometimes indigent, and of poor health. He runs a lifestyle type clinic and most of his patients have significant financial means and choose to spend their money on health. Therefore, his results even if true are not very generalizable. I work part-time at a competing clinic to his one day a week. For that population, I have had no deaths, either.:D
We could use substantial education on correlation vs. causation. As a society, we conflate them constantly and create too much opportunity for grifters, charlatans, and unscrupulous marketers.

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
History may remember Fauci the way we do Einstein. And that has nothing to do with the current pandemic. He got where he is by being a brilliant scientist.

If you want to make the argument that his legacy has been tarnished by political decisions during the pandemic that is fair, but he was put in that position by the previous administration and they completely sold him out for political purposes.

Lol. The current administration isn’t doing him any favors.

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010

Is he little? Yes. Is he dishonest? Yep. Prick? Probably

https://slate.com/technology/2021/07/noble-lies-covid-fauci-cdc-masks.html

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
https://www.instagram.com/p/CVQuy60FjHO/?utm_medium=copy_link
Does anyone know if most of the world is still dealing with the Delta strain or another strain? Are most countries close to the same timeline for Delta or are there some countries at the beginning stages of it and others at the end of the Delta wave?

There was the rumors of the potential vaccine resistant Mu variant which seemed to not be a concern and I thought I read about potentially another new more contagious strain a week or so ago.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
https://www.instagram.com/p/CVQuy60FjHO/?utm_medium=copy_link

Does anyone know if most of the world is still dealing with the Delta strain or another strain? Are most countries close to the same timeline for Delta or are there some countries at the beginning stages of it and others at the end of the Delta wave?

There was the rumors of the potential vaccine resistant Mu variant which seemed to not be a concern and I thought I read about potentially another new more contagious strain a week or so ago.
That is the reason we need everyone who can be vaccinated to get vaccinated, including children.

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask

Jun 14, 2011

I don't know for sure the answer to that, however, I do have a small bit of background regarding the Delta variant. Specifically, I met with my financial guy a couple of months ago and we always discuss what is affecting the market, etc. At the time, Delta was at the beginning stages here in the US. Interestingly, it was winding down in India around that time. The detail was that there was an approximate "start" and "end" to the Delta cases over a 10 week period. IE the curve went from low to peak and back to low within that time frame.

This set of data was collated by the financial institution, so I'm sure it should be taken with a grain of salt, however, I believe that anyone seriously looking at it from a $ perspective does not beat around the bush with conspiracy theory garbage because money is at stake. Looking at the current curve trend in the US https://covid19.healthdata.org/unit...ections-testing&tab=trend&test=positive_tests, it appears we are on the decline, but the time frame is a bit more than the 10 weeks noted in the data from India.