Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Biden tests positive again.
Not sure why Paxlovid creates rebound cases but the same thing happened with Fauci.

From an article I read:

O'Connor said in the letter that Biden tested negative for COVID-19 on Tuesday evening, Wednesday morning, Thursday morning, and Friday morning, but tested positive on Saturday morning by an antigen test.

He's the President but his testing protocol is nuts. I had one test in all of this (negative-I had no symptoms but had to go in for medical treatment that required it) and that was enough for me. I'm just some random person who was totally cool with quasi lockdowns two years ago and wishes masks for sick people were normal now but Biden getting daily tests after getting over it seems extreme.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
From an article I read:

O'Connor said in the letter that Biden tested negative for COVID-19 on Tuesday evening, Wednesday morning, Thursday morning, and Friday morning, but tested positive on Saturday morning by an antigen test.

He's the President but his testing protocol is nuts. I had one test in all of this (negative-I had no symptoms but had to go in for medical treatment that required it) and that was enough for me. I'm just some random person who was totally cool with quasi lockdowns two years ago and wishes masks for sick people were normal now but Biden getting daily tests after getting over it seems extreme.
Yep. No need for him to test again for 90 days

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
well very Ex POTUS of him

Bash China, Push a conspiracy theory about Biden cognitive ability, and Call the election fake all in one post.

Efficient

View attachment 96631
And in the meantime, Biden is transparently doing what exactly to improve this country, other than push inflation from 1.4% at inauguration to a current rate of 9.1%? Keep the border open? Bash Trump "MAGA extremists"? Continue to blame inflation on Putin? Continue to keep his foot on the neck of Keystone? Push for more money to be pumped into this economy during a recession? Ignore rampant and increasing crime? Efficient.

Last edited:

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
https://twitter.com/APFactCheck/status/1562108272513089536?t=_OfHLIBSsvGRXQPsJsVAng&s=09
You know what study I would be interested to see? What causes nurses to fall into these disinformation camps when it comes to vaccines and treatments. That's like teachers going viral telling people that the alphabet is wrong and math uses witchcraft to change number values... Except, you know, with the potential of life threatening consequences...

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
You know what study I would be interested to see? What causes nurses to fall into these disinformation camps when it comes to vaccines and treatments. That's like teachers going viral telling people that the alphabet is wrong and math uses witchcraft to change number values... Except, you know, with the potential of life threatening consequences...
It's an interesting phenomenon, for sure. Just from my experience, I work with alot of RN's and MD's who have real issues with Big Pharma in general, and this seems like more or less an extension of that skepticism. Most common refrain I've heard from them is how quickly this was developed and introduced to the public.

Then you've got to factor in public trust being at a real low point right now, which imo gives rise to people willing to believe disinformation.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
If you've looked at Big Pharma in any light you'll immediately lose trust in them. The documentary The Crime of the Century on HBO is a perfect example of Purdue ignoring warning signs of Oxy and pushing doctors to write scripts. They got a slap on the wrist from the FDA and then turned around and started pushing Fentanyl which is way more potent and addictive.

They all use lobbyists and hire ex government officials to bypass the system all while making insane profits and creating an addiction crisis.

The same negative talk can be applied to Big Tech, Big Oil, the Auto Industry, Banking Industry, etc.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
What makes that so head scratching is still the lack of reporting and precautions. I know people are exhausted by it all but I know people all around me who've recently caught it. We just went to Mexico and I never saw a mask outside of the hotel staff. Maybe 15% of the people in the airports had masks.

The strangest is that apparently hospitals are pretty lax too. I just went last night to pick up my mom who had to get an IV. While it said masks required, there were many walking through the doors without masks and I saw many desk workers and nurses without masks. I guess on a positive note, it was pretty dead and there were empty beds all over the ER.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Meanwhile in China.

Chengdu locks down 21.2 million people as Chinese cities battle Covid-19

One of China’s biggest cities, Chengdu, announced a lockdown of its 21.2 million residents as it launched four days of citywide Covid-19 testing, as some of country’s most populous and economically important urban centers battle outbreaks.

All residents in Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan province, were ordered to stay largely at home from 6 p.m. on Thursday, with households allowed to send one person per day to shop for necessities, the city government said in a statement.

Chengdu, which reported 157 domestically transmitted infections on Wednesday, is the largest Chinese city to be locked down since Shanghai in April and May. It remained unclear whether the lockdown would be lifted after the mass testing ends on Sunday.

Other major cities including Shenzhen in the south and Dalian in the northeast have also stepped up Covid restrictions this week, ranging from work-from-home requirements to the closure of entertainment businesses in some districts.