Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Republican member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives tested positive for COVID-19 on May 18th. He notified the GOP leadership in the House after his positive test and begin self quarantine. The GOP leadership spoke to GOP members of the House who had been in contact with him and 3 additional GOP House members were told to self quarantine.

Where this is crazy is that no one else was told until almost a week later after a reporter uncovered the GOP members positive test. No Democrats knew what was happening

The state Democrats are calling it a cover up by the GOP leadership for not informing any Democrats of what was going on as they sit on committees and had been meeting with some of these individuals and are calling on the GOP leadership who made the decision to hide the positive test and additional self quarantine by GOP members to resign.

GOP Leaders in the PA State House said they didn't want to violate any HIPPA Laws by revealing to the entire House that one of their members had tested positive

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Johns Hopkins Univ Center for Health Security says many antibody tests show that virus not at deadly as first thought. The estimate before of 5% was based on people who had tested positive vs how many had died.

Estimate the mortality rate is between 0.5 and 1% right now after test of people who had a mild form and recovered without knowing test numbers have been added to their information from antibody testing

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Cuomo announces he is signing exec Order today that will allow private business in New York to refuse service to people not wearing masks if they chose to do so
That should already be something they can do. Right to refuse service. If it weren't for all the privileged groups crying to sue people that disagree with them.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Wear a mask and stay 6 feet away from anybody. The guy is an F’n genius.
OR as he said in late February... don't wear a mask.
And it's not like he came up with some new fangled thing. Wearing a mask and keeping distance was normal for those wanting to avoid the flu before this year.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
And it's not like he came up with some new fangled thing. Wearing a mask and keeping distance was normal for those wanting to avoid the flu before this year.

Oh, and wash your hands. I think I invented that.