Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
I took my wife to a local sporting goods company yesterday to shop for a gun. She is wanting a .380 auto. We wore our masks. I counted 52 people in the store. We were the only customers wearing a mask
A lot of people aren't going to take this virus seriously until there are a lot of people on TV from the hospital or their homes saying something like, "I wouldn't wish this virus upon my worst enemy". Could it be such people are very hard to find?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
A lot of people aren't going to take this virus seriously until there are a lot of people on TV from the hospital or their homes saying something like, "I wouldn't wish this virus upon my worst enemy". Could it be such people are very hard to find?
That's just it...I've had five family members get it and all are recovered (brother, his wife, some of his adult kids have the antibodies and didn't even know they were sick). Several friends also in their 50s who I think got it from their teen children, over 25 people in all, and NONE of them ended up in the hospital yet, and ALL reported it sucking but being less than advertised...THIS is why it's hard to find those who will say that they wouldn't wish it on their worst enemy. BECAUSE in the vast majority of people it's like a bad flu , so kind of not as big a deal as it's being made out to be. However, we do have to be careful with the elderly and those who have underlining conditions, otherwise its a bad flu. Btw, we don't want the elderly or those with underlining conditions getting a bad flu either.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
That's just it...I've had five family members get it and all are recovered (brother, his wife, some of his adult kids have the antibodies and didn't even know they were sick). Several friends also in their 50s who I think got it from their teen children, over 25 people in all, and NONE of them ended up in the hospital yet, and ALL reported it sucking but being less than advertised...THIS is why it's hard to find those who will say that they wouldn't wish it on their worst enemy. BECAUSE in the vast majority of people it's like a bad flu , so kind of not as big a deal as it's being made out to be. However, we do have to be careful with the elderly and those who have underlining conditions, otherwise its a bad flu. Btw, we don't want the elderly or those with underlining conditions getting a bad flu either.
For some not even a bad flu or any flu at all. I’ve had it described to me as feeling like allergies kicking up.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
For some not even a bad flu or any flu at all. I’ve had it described to me as feeling like allergies kicking up.
Yep, it all depends on age and underlying conditions...just like other illnesses. This has been "Trumped" up to the hilt...to me it's way overblown, but we have to be careful with those we love. This is the worst year I've lived through yet...I guess we are lucky we didn't live during the depression or WWII as those would have been worse...but at least then we had a semi united country that didn't kowtow to special interest and minority (not racially) opinion voices while disregarding and claiming that her bravest sons and daughters are and were evil. I'm really concerned with our near term future...more than ever before in my 54 years. We had it so good around Christmas time. Best economy in our history, all time low unemployment, working to make America a great light in the world again and stopping others from taking advantage of our kindness. All this was working so well that the left decided to unleased a series of events that I cannot BELIVE they would EVER stoop to doing. Sorry to get political but this has to end soon or we won't be the same as a Union. I've never been this discouraged about our future as I've always seen the other side as fellow workers for freedom until now. Someone PLEASE tell me I'm wrong and give me the evidence for hope...God be with us!

Last edited:
May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Yep, it all depends on age and underlying conditions...just like other illnesses. This has been "Trumped" up to the hilt...to me it's way overblown, but we have to be careful with those we love. This is the worst year I've lived through yet...I guess we are lucky we didn't live during the depression or WWII as those would have been worst...but at least we had a united country that didn't kowtow to special interest and disregard those who are her bravest sons. I'm really concerned with our near term future...more than ever before. We had it so good around Christmas time. Best economy in our history, all time low unemployment, working to make America a great light in the world again and stopping others from taking advantage of our kindness. All this was working so well that the left decided to unleased a series of events that I cannot BELIVE they would EVER stoop to doing. Sorry to get political but this has to end soon or we won't be the same as a Union. I've never been this discouraged about our future. Someone tell me I'm wrong and give me the evidence for hope...God be with us!
I’ve said since the beginning that it’s really all about practicing good health and common sense. And it’s something we should do for every outbreak not just ones being used to impact an election year.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I’ve said since the beginning that it’s really all about practicing good health and common sense. And it’s something we should do for every outbreak not just ones being used to impact an election year.
As a traveler the implications on our freedom of movement are the ones that discourage me the most. You would think that all Americans no matter their political leanings don't want travel restrictions. We should be able to move freely throughout the world as long as we wear mask and keep social distance in mind. This should NOT lock us down as an economy nor as a free people. Any attempt by government to lock us down are, IMHO, vile and against everything we stand for as a nation. Our airlines should not have 80% of their fleets sitting on the ground...we need to get out again and start flying. We need to pressure Europe to allow SAFE travel again...they DON'T and never should be in control of our movement. We are the most powerful nation and voice of freedom on the face of the Earth...let's start acting like it and open the world, and least the parts we determine safe, back up! Despite many, we are still the leaders of the free world...IT's up to us to lead...NOT self destruct.