Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Not sure why this thing makes songs come to my head...

"Way back when
In Eight-seven
I was the dandy
Of Alpha Ci
Sweet things from Stilly
So young and willing
Moved down to Dallas
Now where the hell am I
Covid Nineteen
No we can't dance together
No we can't talk at all
Please take me along
When you slide on down

Covid Nineteen
No we got nothing in common
No we can't talk at all
Please take me along
When you slide on down

Convid Nineteen
No we can't dance together
No we can't talk at all"

Yep I'm missing the Cuervo gold...I need a drink. ;-)

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
With the fact that there are instances of even the common cold and other Corona type viruses giving false positives, how are they sure?
With most people having to test negative to go back to work as well...how do we know the positive numbers are NOT inflated by that factor? I do know one friend who's son tested positive three times, and according to her each was treated as a new case positive in Tulsa county. Who knows, just one persons experience? Still gotta watch the hospitalizations and the death rates. Those being up in some areas is important and means we need to step up mask wearing and social distancing in those areas.

Last edited:

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Who the hell doesn't? Also, it's my favorite eye rolling GIF. This whole conversation trying to tie down the statewide spike in cases to one or two political events is very eye roll-y.
Who's tying down statewide numbers. Those are Tulsa County numbers. If you paid more attention and didn't want to drool over RDJ rolling his eyes you would have noted that. Tulsa is having the biggest spike statewide.

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
Edmond
Who's tying down statewide numbers. Those are Tulsa County numbers. If you paid more attention and didn't want to drool over RDJ rolling his eyes you would have noted that. Tulsa is having the biggest spike statewide.
Dude, RDJ is an attractive man. And even so. Pretty silly discussion. Proceed.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I will guess about 98%+ of Texans will ignore this suggestion from their state Health leaders, regardless how effective it may be
I would say 98% of most people with common sense won't do it. You'll have some Karen's and Kyle's though. Like the ones that already won't take them off in their car, but instead wait until they walk into their house from their trip.

Turn on any democrat debate and you will hear about how any people in this country do not have access to healthcare and thus we need the government to fill that role. Has anybody seen a single story about a person who got Covid and hasn’t been able to get the care they need?

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Turn on any democrat debate and you will hear about how any people in this country do not have access to healthcare and thus we need the government to fill that role. Has anybody seen a single story about a person who got Covid and hasn’t been able to get the care they need?
No because the federal government promised to cover it.

So yeah, this probably not the time to have a debate over federal involvement in healthcare.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Here we go again. Liberal governors trying to outdo each other.
So we should just go ahead and not require mandatory mask wear? Remaining businesses, such as movie theaters and concert halls need to hurry up and open back up? After all, losing your sense of smell and taste for a while to the virus is just one outstanding reason as to why the virus should be regarded as essentially harmless to most people infected by it? Furthermore, President Trump said the virus is 99% harmless to those tested positive by it.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
New Symptoms are now being listed for people who get COVID in the 20-30 year old range.
nausea, diarrhea, loss of taste and smell, and severe headaches and they MAY or MAY NOT ever have a fever

https://twitter.com/kfor/status/1281667588628545546
I thought those are the symptoms, just add the respiratory stuff?

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
6 members of the Secret Service tested positive in Tulsa. Herman Cain tested positive after attending Tulsa a couple of reporters from Oklahoma who where there tested positive after the rally. 100% of them were checked before going into the Tulsa Rally

If 8,000 people were at the rally. That is equivalent to 1 in 50 of the population of Tulsa was there.

If 70,000 people were at a rally in Houston. That is equivalent to 1 in 33,228 of the population of Houston was there.

Both of which can cause tremendous strain on their local hospital systems and it can be argued Tulsa could be potentially much worse (time will tell) due to far fewer resources and a MUCH higher % of the population attending risky events (Trump Rally, BLM protest, etc) with optional face masks and no social distancing
Except, a lot of the Trump rally included out of town people that won't have any effect on Tulsa.