Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Broward County Florida requiring people to wear masks in their homes. That's going to be a hard no from me if and when this ridiculousness spreads to other cities. (page 5)

Section 4. Responsibility to Ensure Compliance with Applicable Orders.
A. Residential Property Residents. All persons who reside on any residential property, whether single family or multi-family, and irrespective of whether they own or rent the property, must ensure that all persons on the residential property, including guests, comply with all applicable guidelines of any Broward County Emergency Order, including the facial covering requirements. Residents who fail to ensure compliance with all applicable Broward County Emergency Orders by such persons shall be subject to the penalties set forth in Section 8-56 of the Broward County Code of Ordinances, with each person present and in violation of an applicable Emergency Order constituting a separate violation.
https://www.broward.org/CoronaVirus/Documents/EmergencyOrder20-22.pdf

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Broward County Florida requiring people to wear masks in their homes. That's going to be a hard no from me if and when this ridiculousness spreads to other cities. (page 5)

That's why I have a problem with government mandates. I have no problem if WalMart wants me to wear a mask on their property. I have no problem if my neighbor wants me to wear a mask if I visit. I have a real problem with the government telling me what to do in my house.

I have a crazy Idea lets stop the protesting for public health reasons and see what happens.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
That's why I have a problem with government mandates. I have no problem if WalMart wants me to wear a mask on their property. I have no problem if my neighbor wants me to wear a mask if I visit. I have a real problem with the government telling me what to do in my house.

I have a crazy Idea lets stop the protesting for public health reasons and see what happens.
Yeah, I want to know how they are planning on enforcing that one. So if you're a single person living alone, you need to have your mask on while sitting in your recliner watching TV?

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Apologies for any double postings but hadn't seen this here, yet. It's a small trial, but bigger than what we've seen from some other drugs that have received a lot of attention and these results on first blush are more impressive (massive effect size in a placebo controlled, double blind protocol). Would be interested in the pharmacist's take. Paging @RxCowboy

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/20/...action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage
Small sample size in multi-center RCT. I'm not comfortable with this pre-peer-review release of data, but it's better than the casual experimentation like the guy in west Texas. It looks promising.

I said this about 2 months ago, for public health and treatment of viruses, this might be the equivalent of the moon landing.

Mar 11, 2006

Wow. Also, you cannot walk you dog from 11pm to 5am further than 250 feet from your residence.

How on earth can the police enforce mask coverings in a private residence? Are these groups still wanting to abolish the police?

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Small sample size in multi-center RCT. I'm not comfortable with this pre-peer-review release of data, but it's better than the casual experimentation like the guy in west Texas. It looks promising.

I said this about 2 months ago, for public health and treatment of viruses, this might be the equivalent of the moon landing.
I get the part about clinical trial design and data analysis. I was more asking about the drug itself.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
He’s worn masks before (I think as far back as May) and I’ve seen quotes where he’s supported it before today.
He supported it multiple times in those daily briefings, but then he contradicted that by not wearing a mask at certain events. He created an opportunity for his opponents, when he'd already supported wearing a mask. Trump being Trump.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
He supported it multiple times in those daily briefings, but then he contradicted that by not wearing a mask at certain events. He created an opportunity for his opponents, when he'd already supported wearing a mask. Trump being Trump.
That's the thing. He should have worn it in public appearances. It should have been in full view when he was at Mayo and it should have been on at the Tulsa rally.

I'm going to take a different route on this. Is it possible he wanted to be more supportive but when the view from his base was that people who wore masks were "living in fear," he didn't want to look weak? If he's going to go full stop now and push it publicly that's great. I wish he had done it sooner but better now than later.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Wow. Also, you cannot walk you dog from 11pm to 5am further than 250 feet from your residence.

How on earth can the police enforce mask coverings in a private residence? Are these groups still wanting to abolish the police?
Here is what we have going on right now:

Politicians passing laws that make it a crime to call the police on certain people. If you see something, don't some something now. But we still want you to call the cops on people you see violating Covid ordinances.

We want to slash and even abolish police departments. But we're going to find out if you aren't wearing a mask in your house and come ticket you.

Politicians fighting for the rights of anarchists and vandals to be able to continue to destroy and deface public and private property. Those people are safe from the corona virus because it's woke BTW.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
I appreciate Trump‘s stance on masks. He’s getting tested almost daily I would think as are the people he’s exposed to I’m sure. I like his approach of encouraging but not mandating masks and him saying there’s times and places for masks and there’s also not. Just like I appreciate that he’s tried to counterbalance the entire left that has wanted to shut the country down by being the voice of the economy. Sure his motive is to get re-elected just like the left’s motives are to hurt his chances at winning but the bottom line is someone needs to be the voice for the opposite end of the spectrum given the current climate. Trump has many, many warts but he’s handled Covid just fine. At this point it’s a personal responsibility (or lack thereof) issue. I was in Stillwater over the weekend and despite seeing sign after sign after sign I’d say the mask adoption rate was around 50%. People will want to blame Trump for that but the truth is most people check out on politics and don’t really check in until election time. It’s just people doing what they do and not buying the stuff that gets reported.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
  • “Just about everybody has a face mask on. They’ve learned about face masks — the good and the bad, by the way. It’s not a one-sided thing, believe it or not.”
  • On the example he could set by wearing a mask: “Well, I think it sets an example. I think it sets an example both ways.”
  • Of whether he’d recommend masks at his rallies: “I recommend people do what they want. I’m okay with that. If people want to wear masks, I think that’s great. I won’t be. Not as a protest but I don’t feel that I’m in danger.”
  • “You know, there was a time when people thought it was worse wearing a mask. I let people make up their own decision.”
  • “The job the governor of Florida has done, it’s incredible, the numbers they’re doing. You’ve got to open it up, and you do social distancing and you wear masks if you want and you do things — you can do a lot of things.”
  • On whether he would wear a mask in Michigan: “A lot of people have asked me that question. I want to get our country back to normal. I want to normalize.”
  • “I wore one in this back area, but I didn’t want to give the press the pleasure of seeing it.”
  • “Should I speak in a mask? You’re going to have to tell me if that’s politically correct. I don’t know. If it is, I’ll speak in a mask.”
  • “In light of these studies, the CDC is advising the use of nonmedical cloth face covering as an additional voluntary public health measure. So it’s voluntary; you don’t have to do it. They suggested for a period of time. But this is voluntary. I don’t think I’m going to be doing it.”
  • “So with the masks, it’s going to be, really, a voluntary thing. You can do it. You don’t have to do it. I’m choosing not to do it, but some people may want to do it, and that’s okay. It may be good. Probably will. They’re making a recommendation. It’s only a recommendation. It’s voluntary.”
  • “It’s very simple to do. I won’t be doing it personally. It’s a recommendation. Okay?”

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Jackson Health systems in Miami-Dade county has put out an emergency call for Dr's and Nurses to help at their hospital. In the last 10 days, 149 of the hospitals workers have tested positive for COVID and can not work.