Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Head of the Russian research team said they had been working on a vaccine for MERS and Ebola over the last 6 years and that work allowed them to move forward and develop the COVID vaccine really quickly LOL
Yeah, that part is probably true. There was a SARS-CoV-1 vaccine, that never made it to market, and much of the work here in the US has been based on that.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
I’m sure the reasons for that are numerous. The real test will come once school starts. That seems to really amp up social life in general.
Not sure how that's a good test of mask mandates, at least in the sense of seeing their effectiveness in the data. City or county wide mask mandates are going to be different animals from school mask mandates. You might get data on schools that have mask mandates vs those that don't, but I'm not sure how many schools are making masks optional. Just looking at statewide data during that time will be a mess because of the heterogeneity in school and community approaches.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Not sure how that's a good test of mask mandates, at least in the sense of seeing their effectiveness in the data. City or county wide mask mandates are going to be different animals from school mask mandates. You might get data on schools that have mask mandates vs those that don't, but I'm not sure how many schools are making masks optional. Just looking at statewide data during that time will be a mess because of the heterogeneity in school and community approaches.
It will be very easy to track, compare, & contrast the larger school districts. Their policies are easy to find.