Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 22, 2011
Countless deaths could have been prevented with a better coordinated response. One of those countless deaths was my sister-in-law. But y'all go on high fiving each other.
Im sorry you suffered a loss, but when you continually use that loss to browbeat people you disagree with on the internet, you quickly start to look like an ahole. Do what you want, but I don't think what you you are doing is a healthy way to process grief or communicate with others

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Countless deaths could have been prevented with a better coordinated response. One of those countless deaths was my sister-in-law. But y'all go on high fiving each other.
We’re going through a once in a lifetime global event. It took a while to realize the impact the disease would have and then how to weigh the health vs economic impacts of lockdowns. Every country, state, and city had different ideas on how to approach the lockdowns and you aren’t going to get everyone on the same page. Sadly, they’re reporting 95% or more deaths could have been prevented if China would have been transparent from the beginning, but somehow they escape blame. Whether you want to blame Trump, Stitt, or whoever is your choice. You more than anyone should be elated that we have some of the top drug manufactures in the world in the US who came up with a brand new type of vaccine in record time with amazing effectiveness. This is preventing additional family member deaths and an opening up of society.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I have sympathy for you and others who have suffered because of this pandemic. However, you have to be excited about the progress in vaccinations and rapid decline in case and deaths. They are preventing countless other deaths and will get us out of this mess.
Rx, having lost a child recently, I understand where you are. It becomes hard to see life go on around you sometimes, while you continue to grieve. To dwell on it can make you bitter, angry, and depressed. I will pray for you, and I urge you to find a Church home quickly once you are back in OKC. Surround yourself with believers that will pray for you and walk along beside you. It has meant so much to my family to have this from our Church and friends. It is still hard. Sometimes I wonder why I dare enjoy something, but I know that doesn't negate my love for her and the grief I feel even now at her passing.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
The USA has passed 3 million doses a day in pacing...we are well on our way, and really leading the world in our efforts among countries with over 100 million people...just as we have since the beginning. We have led in testing, in research, in new ways to treat it and in vaccine development. Those who constantly want to complain may only be helpful in that they increase the drive of those working on these efforts even more. This success can be attributed to all walks of life and political leanings. We need to give credit where due...To Americans...front liners, political leaders, researchers, and those who work daily in the direct line of fire. We also need to thank those who are learning and getting the vaccine even despite some questions they may have.

Thank you America!

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater
Just got my appointment scheduled for this Friday! I am getting the one dose J&J shot, hopefully no side effects come with it, but either way glad to be doing my part to be able to get back to normality!

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Yes, lets get back to normal as soon as possible. My pediatric emergency medicine and ICU colleagues have had drastic pay decreases and even job loss due to the complete lack of severely ill babies from RSV. Lets completely stop with these adult burdens like wearing a mask in a grocery store and trying to keep a distance from strangers so we can get all of our economy back to normal.

View attachment 89667
I agree that some things have and will remain, I hope, like washing hands and using sanitizer and people being more careful around others when they/you are ill...even some masking in large cities like has been happening in China and Japan for decades. I don't have a single issue with that and hope those don't go completely away...my question for the Doctor was when he thought things will "mostly" return to normalcy. What is your prediction?

Great deal about lowered RSV in babies! That's amazing!...I hate to see people lose their jobs but I bet those specific physicians are thrilled that the mitigations had a positive effect in other areas besides Covid. Also, nice to see the PCR percent positive for Covid down so low.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2011
My first shot is Thursday, I contemplated not getting it and waited till way later than I could have gotten it because I felt there were people who needed it more but Now there are plenty of openings near me and i am ready to be done with this part of history

Mar 11, 2006
Biden called it "Neanderthal thinking" and Beto tweeted that "Abbott signed a death warrant for Texas" ....but So far, so good with Texas.

Since this announcement - over the last 33 days, Texas is 31st in rate of COVID case growth. Their cases grew 5.2%. Oklahoma, btw, grew just 3.3% and was 45th in cases over the last 33 days.

Mississippi, which also announced the end to statewide mask mandates on the same day, has even seen better results than TX and is 42nd in case growth. (However, they are like the opposite of Vermont, Maine, and Hawaii below. They had some bad months prior so their current lower growth is largely due to worse case results prior.)

Interestingly, of the top 15 states in case growth since Abbott's announcement --- a heavy amount of New England states.
1. Vermont (which is interesting because I believe Vermont locked down pretty hard. But their percentage growth is largely due to low volumes prior)
2. Michigan
3. Missouri (a big outlier for midwestern states as Arkansas and Kansas were low like Oklahoma)
4. New Jersey
5. Maine (also low volume prior)
6. New York
7. New Hampshire
8. Hawaii (like Vermont, they still have very few cases --- a small volume made their percent increase look bigger)
9. Pennsylvania
10. Connecticut
11. Delaware
12. Masssachusetts
13. Rhode Island
14. Maryland
15. Minnesota

Last edited:

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Biden called it "Neanderthal thinking" and Beto tweeted that "Abbott signed a death warrant for Texas" ....but So far, so good with Texas.

Since this announcement - over the last 33 days, Texas is 31st is rate of COVID case growth. There cases grew 5.2%. Oklahoma, btw, grew just 3.3% and was 45th in cases over the last 33 days.

Mississippi, which also announced the end to statewide mask mandates on the same day, has even seen better results than TX and is 42nd in case growth. (However, they are like the opposite of Vermont, Maine, and Hawaii below. They had some bad months prior so their current lower growth is largely due to worse case results prior.)

Interestingly, of the top 15 states in case growth since Abbott's announcement --- a heavy amount of New England states.
1. Vermont (which is interesting because I believe Vermont locked down pretty hard. But their percentage growth is largely due to low volumes prior)
2. Michigan
3. Missouri (a big outlier for midwestern states as Arkansas and Kansas were low like Oklahoma)
4. New Jersey
5. Maine (also low volume prior)
6. New York
7. New Hampshire
8. Hawaii (like Vermont, they still have very few cases --- a small volume made their percent increase look bigger)
9. Pennsylvania
10. Connecticut
11. Delaware
12. Masssachusetts
13. Rhode Island
14. Maryland
15. Minnesota
Why is no one waiting, dying to report this. Or that today we had 120 cases. Are they still facts? Or do they not say what we want them to say?

The today show started off this morning with how everyone in Texas is going to die because they had a full stadium at the rangers game. ITS OUTDOORS YOU IDIOTS! What are the chances of covid spreading person to person in an outdoor setting? Of course their main deal was “its against the CDC recommendations.” I’m at the point in time Fauci and all of the other clowns at the cdc can kiss my a$$. I’m so tired of hearing about it.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
The today show started off this morning with how everyone in Texas is going to die because they had a full stadium at the rangers game. ITS OUTDOORS YOU IDIOTS! What are the chances of covid spreading person to person in an outdoor setting? Of course their main deal was “its against the CDC recommendations.” I’m at the point in time Fauci and all of the other clowns at the cdc can kiss my a$$. I’m so tired of hearing about it.
If they're sitting a foot and a half from them for 3.5 hours, the exposure could be significant. There is a big difference between people being outdoors in a public park or beach and people sitting next to each other in a stadium. It's against CDC recommendations for a reason.