Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 11, 2011
If they're sitting a foot and a half from them for 3.5 hours, the exposure could be significant. There is a big difference between people being outdoors in a public park or beach and people sitting next to each other in a stadium. It's against CDC recommendations for a reason.
It's also a retractable roof dome. I didn't see whether they had the roof open or not, but even so, it's still not exactly "outside".

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
If they're sitting a foot and a half from them for 3.5 hours, the exposure could be significant. There is a big difference between people being outdoors in a public park or beach and people sitting next to each other in a stadium. It's against CDC recommendations for a reason.
This seems like it should be a "duh" statement...

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Have a family friend who's Dad passed away from Covid complications this am here in Tulsa. Had been in the hospital for nearly a month and went on a vent last week. Didn't have the vaccine and got sick over two months ago. Please people, if you haven't, go get your shot! The vaccine is the ONLY real way out of this...just do it, it's not a conspiracy. My 18 y/o got his first shot yesterday....no problems so far.

Last edited:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Oklahoma Numbers today will be artificially high. back in Dec the State implemented a new software for Labs to report their results to the state. During a quality check they discovered that one labs software was not running correctly and all the results from this lab have not been reported since Dec.

1,300 previously unreported positive cases will be added to todays COVID results

https://kfor.com/news/local/officia...ase-count-to-dramatically-climb-due-to-error/

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Oklahoma has given around 1.3 million first doses and 772K second doses. If you aren't participating understand that this vaccine is safe and effective, it's the way for us to resume everything in life and it's a life saver for you and your family IF you get it. Just something to think about, it's NOT political, it's NOT a conspiracy, it's NOT a government tracking device, It was not hastily put together. It was the biggest achievement of the Trump Administration and the Biden Administration has continued that work. Bottom line, get the shot, please.

Jun 14, 2011
The today show started off this morning with how everyone in Texas is going to die because they had a full stadium at the rangers game. ITS OUTDOORS YOU IDIOTS! What are the chances of covid spreading person to person in an outdoor setting? Of course their main deal was “its against the CDC recommendations.” I’m at the point in time Fauci and all of the other clowns at the cdc can kiss my a$$. I’m so tired of hearing about it.
My family decided to not attend a small outdoor wedding recently. If we were going to go to one, this would have been the group to do it with as they had all been very diligent with precautions throughout the past year. Masks required during the ceremony, strict reminders if you were away from your table at the reception, pre-made plates, etc. Nine people came out of it with Covid. As others have noted, "outside" isn't a pass to go buck-wild. Please don't be obtuse.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Have a family friend who's Dad passed away from Covid complications this am. Had been in the hospital for nearly a month and went on a vent last week. Didn't have the vaccine and got sick over two months ago. Please people, if you haven't, go get your shot! The vaccine is the ONLY real way out of this...just do it, it's not a conspiracy. My 18 y/o got his first shot yesterday....no problems so far.
A month in the hospital is going to generate a million dollar bill.

TrevB11

Wrangler
Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater
The outdoor excuse seems to be the arguement much of the time, in certain situations it is fine, but like you said when you are crammed in there like sardines there is a huuuuuge difference in the outcome.

Mar 11, 2006
Ok Leg just voted this bill down. It would have prevented an insurance company from discriminating against their customers based on the status of their vaccinations

I guess I must be misinterpreting or not understanding the impact. I think I would have voted the same way as the committee.
Are you saying you support more regulations on insurance companies? Insurance companies look at a lot of factors when deciding insurance costs -- smoker, age of person, health condition ....I don't see why vaccination status for a deadly virus for seniors should not be included.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I guess I must be misinterpreting or not understanding the impact. I think I would have voted the same way as the committee.
Are you saying you support more regulations on insurance companies? Insurance companies look at a lot of factors when deciding insurance costs -- smoker, age of person, health condition ....I don't see why vaccination status for a deadly virus for seniors should not be included.
I was just putting the info out there so people understand they can potentially be denied insurance coverage OR be denied to renew their insurance coverage based on their COVID vaccine status. The only position I would hold on it, is to use it as leverage to convince more people in Oklahoma to get vaccinated and to be fully informed that they could potentially lose their health insurance if they do not get the COVID shot. This is an important thing to know