Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
https://twitter.com/ABCWorldNews/status/1395447824582598661

Here we go again. Cases falling rapidly, but the fear mongering media has to come up with some sort of negative article.

How about they seriously take a look at where and how this started? This pandemic has identified all sorts of shortcomings in the US. There should be real discussions on how to be more self reliant and less reliant on China, but instead we are still playing the political war games and having front page articles on Demi Lovato being "nonbinary".
That’s as asinine as the New Jersey Gov. sticking to his guns on masking by saying ‘if it saves just one life, it’s worth it.’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
https://twitter.com/ABCWorldNews/status/1395447824582598661

Here we go again. Cases falling rapidly, but the fear mongering media has to come up with some sort of negative article.

How about they seriously take a look at where and how this started? This pandemic has identified all sorts of shortcomings in the US. There should be real discussions on how to be more self reliant and less reliant on China, but instead we are still playing the political war games and having front page articles on Demi Lovato being "nonbinary".
That’s as asinine as the New Jersey Gov. sticking to his guns on masking by saying ‘if it saves just one life, it’s worth it.’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How is a minor inconvenience not worth saving a life?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
apparently US intel agencies had reported this back in Nov 2019
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1396780349150179328
So it came from Wuhan lab, and this backs the report from California that says they tested "flu" samples that were negative in December and turned out to instead be covid positive samples.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
I'm not a fan of this way of thinking.
I know you love to argue just for the sake of it, but this is one of the more ridiculous hills you've chosen to fight on. It's as stupid as California saying 'we're not ready, so we've chosen June 15th', despite CDC recommendations.
So, someone else's life isn't worth your minor inconvenience?

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Are you advocating never giving up masks? Even is COVID goes to zero cases permanently, I might transmit the flu to someone on chemo and they could die. Permanent masking might prevent that.
I don't think we'll ever go back to the way things were pre-COVID, just like we've never gone back to the way things were pre-HIV. I think you would, for instance, be absolutely stupid to get on a plane without a mask.

Sep 22, 2011
I don't think we'll ever go back to the way things were pre-COVID, just like we've never gone back to the way things were pre-HIV. I think you would, for instance, be absolutely stupid to get on a plane without a mask.
YOU wont go back to normal, things are close to normal in many parts of the country right now, and getting more normal every day. YOU might not get on a plane without a mask but it will not be required for much longer.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
Its just as safe as going to a sporting event, graduation, concert or out to eat at a popular restaurant. Guess you're choosing the hermit/fear route?

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
If we're getting concrete about things that we hope don't go back to normal..... First, I hope we stop going to the office while sick. If you really want to power through and can work from home, do that. Second, I hope we have some increased comfort with masks in some specific situations (such as mass transit) or at certain times, like maybe peak flu season. Even if masks aren't as successful this year because we wouldn't shut other things down, we have a legit possibility of saving thousands of lives from the flu, many of whom are young children.

Mar 11, 2006
If we're getting concrete about things that we hope don't go back to normal..... First, I hope we stop going to the office while sick. If you really want to power through and can work from home, do that. Second, I hope we have some increased comfort with masks in some specific situations (such as mass transit) or at certain times, like maybe peak flu season. Even if masks aren't as successful this year because we wouldn't shut other things down, we have a legit possibility of saving thousands of lives from the flu, many of whom are young children.
I agree about stopping going to the office sick.
For many people with office jobs, the pandemic showed that remote work is possible, which wasn’t the case just a few years ago.
For retail and customer facing jobs, I hope businesses adjust sick pay/times to allow those sick to be able to stay away from their job until healthy.