Covington Catholic High School students smeared by mainstream media lies -- Don't expect an apology

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
The young men of Covington Catholic High School have been subjected to nothing short of a political inquisition because of their faith, the color of their skin and their devotion to making America great again. And they are owed an apology.

What CNN, The New York Times, the Washington Post and National Review (among others) did to these teenage boys is simply outrageous.

The boys had been in Washington to participate in Friday’s March For Life. Later in the day, they assembled outside the Lincoln Memorial to wait for school buses. And that’s where the trouble started.

According to the mainstream media, the boys surrounded and terrorized Native American activist Nathan Phillips. A video clip showed what the media described as a teenage boy wearing a MAGA hat blocking Phillips and staring him down.

“It was getting ugly, and I was thinking, ‘I’ve got to find myself an exit out of this situation and finish my song at the Lincoln Memorial,” Phillips told Washington Post. “I started going that way, and that guy in the hat stood in my way and we were at an impasse. He just blocked my way and wouldn’t allow me to retreat.”

Phillips told the Detroit Free Press that he had seen the white Catholic students “attacking these four black individuals.”

“There was that moment when I realized I’ve put myself between beast and prey,” he told the newspaper. “These young men were beastly and these old black individuals was their prey, and I stood in between them and so they needed their pounds of flesh and they were looking at me for that.”

It was all untrue, of course – but that did not stop the mainstream media from going nuclear.

“Boys in ‘Make America Great Again’ Hats Mob Native Elder at Indigenous Peoples March,” read The New York Times story.

“The Catholic Church’s Shameful History of Native American Abuses,” the Washington Post declared.

Even conservative outlets like the National Review turned on the Catholic boys. – without bothering to check their facts.

“The Covington Students Might as Well Have Just Spit on the Cross,” read a screed written by National Review Deputy Editor Nicholas Frankovich.

“They mock a serious, frail-looking older man and gloat in their momentary role as Roman soldiers to his Christ,” he wrote.

Seriously? The National Review compared this activist to Jesus Christ? Sweet mercy.

As a result of the media coverage, the students and their families have been terrorized and publicly shamed. Some students were identified and targeted by leftist activists.

And now, thanks to irrefutable video evidence, we know that the entire story was a hoax – a flat-out lie.

The videos, which I have personally viewed, show that Phillips and some of his associates were the ones who instigated the confrontation. It was Phillips who thrust his drum in the face of the teenage boy wearing the MAGA hat.

“White people go back to Europe where you came from,” one of the activists shouted at the Catholic students. “This is not your land.”

And the young man in the so-called “stare down” can be seen trying to calm down a classmate while one of the adult activists cursed the child.

The boys were also accused of chanting, “Build that wall.” However, based on the videos I’ve seen there is no evidence to back up those accusations.

Oh, and those black protesters turned out to be members of the Black Hebrew Israelites, a radical group known for being anti-gay.

The video clearly shows the black protesters berating the teenage boys with all sorts of racial and homophobic slurs.

“Your president is a homosexual,” one of the grown men told the boys. “Your president is a homosexual. Greek was a bunch of homosexuals, just like the Romans. You proud of sodomy?”

“You give fa***ts rights,” the man shouted.

At that point, the Catholic school boys jeered in protest and disgust. One of the boys could be heard rebuking the Black Hebrew Israelites for using anti-gay language.

And yet, that information was completely left out of the mainstream media news coverage.

“Covington Catholic High School students surrounded, intimidated and chanted over Native Americans singing about indigenous people’s strength and spirit,” read the lead paragraph in Cincinnati.com.

In context, it appears that what really happened on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial is that a group of Catholic school boys was targeted and harassed by grown adults just because they were white, Catholic Trump supporters.

But the mainstream media doesn’t care about the truth because they believe people who support President Trump and believe in God are irredeemable deplorables.

“Don’t let your Catholic school’s students wear MAGA hats on a field trip for the March for Life,” The New York Times columnist Ross Douthat wrote on Twitter.

It’s not the first time that people have been attacked for wearing those ball caps. And I doubt it will be the last.

There are a whole lot of grownups who owe those teenage boys an apology – starting with the liars in the mainstream media.

It is not a sin to wear a Make America Great Again ball cap. But it is a sin to bear false witness.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/cov...-mainstream-media-lies-dont-expect-an-apology

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
“There was that moment when I realized I’ve put myself between beast and prey,” he told the newspaper. “These young men were beastly and these old black individuals was their prey, and I stood in between them and so they needed their pounds of flesh and they were looking at me for that.”
First time I've seen this quote. What a freaking joke that whole statement is.

Aug 16, 2012
First time I've seen this quote. What a freaking joke that whole statement is.
And it is contrary to a statement he gave to a Michigan newspaper where he said he "intervened" because of the black Hebrew group being aggressive. The guy cannot keep his lies straight yet MSM keeps giving him a platform.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
And it is contrary to a statement he gave to a Michigan newspaper where he said he "intervened" because of the black Hebrew group being aggressive. The guy cannot keep his lies straight yet MSM keeps giving him a platform.
I said in another thread, when the truth comes out about this guy it will show him to be a hack political activist that tries to artificially stir this kind of thing up all the time. What he did, how he did it, and his actions afterwards don’t feel organic to me at all.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
The video clearly shows the black protesters berating the teenage boys with all sorts of racial and homophobic slurs.

“Your president is a homosexual,” one of the grown men told the boys. “Your president is a homosexual. Greek was a bunch of homosexuals, just like the Romans. You proud of sodomy?”

“You give fa***ts rights,” the man shouted.

At that point, the Catholic school boys jeered in protest and disgust. One of the boys could be heard rebuking the Black Hebrew Israelites for using anti-gay language.
This may be the most telling part of the whole incident and something every member of the mainstream media should take a look at. For all the lefts talk about tolerance and denouncing bigotry, their hatred for Trump has so completely blinded them that they wound up defending a group of actual bigots and vilifying a group of teenagers who were rebuking them for being bigots. I mean at what point are you so far over the line that you can't help but notice that your own actions are antithetical to what you claim to believe. Obviously we haven't reached that point with the left yet and there's no end in sight.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
I said in another thread, when the truth comes out about this guy it will show him to be a hack political activist that tries to artificially stir this kind of thing up all the time. What he did, how he did it, and his actions afterwards don’t feel organic to me at all.
He's been involved in a similar incident if I'm not mistaken.

Jul 7, 2004
SNL Writer Offers Blowjobs To Anyone Who Will Punch The 'MAGA Kid In The Face'
"I will blow whoever manages to punch that maga kid in the face"
JOHN GURZINSKI / Stringer / Getty Images

By PAUL BOIS
@PAULBOIS39
January 22, 2019

Ever wonder why the laughs on "Saturday Night Live" come once every other ten sketches? Perhaps it's because they employ contributors like Sarah Beattie who think that offering free blowjobs to people for punching minors in the face is funny.

According to Newsbusters, Beattie, who was listed by Vogue as one of the "5 Comedians Who Might Help You Stay Sane for the Next 4 Years" upon President Trump's inauguration, took her cues from Nina Burleigh during the Covington Catholic Schoolboys controversy this weekend by offering fellatio to any chivalrous gent willing to punch the lights out of that "MAGA kid" seen smiling in the viral video as a Native American protester beats a drum directly in his face.
"I will blow whoever manages to punch that maga kid in the face," she said in the now-deleted Tweet.
sarahbeattie.jpg

The "MAGA kid" whose punchable face aroused Beattie into offering blowjobs has since been identified as high school junior Nick Sandmann, who said in a lengthy statement on Sunday that the viral video of him smiling was completely taken out of context and that he remained silent to defuse the situation.
"At no time did I hear any student chant anything other than the school spirit chants," said Sandmann. "I did not witness or hear any students chant 'build that wall' or anything hateful or racist at any time. Assertions to the contrary are simply false. Our chants were loud because we wanted to drown out the hateful comments that were being shouted at us by the protestors."
"After a few minutes of chanting, the Native American protestors, who I hadn't previously noticed, approached our group. The Native American protestors had drums and were accompanied by at least one person with a camera," the statement continued. "The protestor everyone has seen in the video began playing his drum as he waded into the crowd, which parted for him. I did not see anyone try to block his path. He locked eyes with me and approached me, coming within inches of my face. He played his drum the entire time he was in my face."

"I never interacted with this protestor. I did not speak to him. I did not make any hand gestures or other aggressive moves. I believed that by remaining motionless and calm, I was helping to diffuse the situation. I said a silent prayer that the situation would not get out of hand."
Despite the overwhelming evidence that the Covington Catholic boys did nothing wrong, Beattie doubled down on her insanity after deleting her initial tweet.
"oh yes the kid who was marching against women’s reproductive rights while wearing a hat promoting an evil homophobic racist misogynistic sociopath was TOTALLY misrepresented," she later tweeted.

Sarah Beattie@nachosarah

oh yes the kid who was marching against women’s reproductive rights while wearing a hat promoting an evil homophobic racist misogynistic sociopath was TOTALLY misrepresented

Of course, Sarah Beattie does not stand alone in her desire to see a minor receive a good punch in the face from an adult twice his size. Though no blowjobs were offered, CNN contributor Reza Aslan made a similar proclamation at the height of the controversy.
"Honest question. Have you ever seen a more punchable face than this kid’s?" Aslan tweeted.
In 2016, pop singer Madonna offered blowjobs to anyone who would vote for Hillary Clinton, which was nearly 20 years after journalist Nina Burleigh made the same offer to Bill Clinton for the sake of keeping abortion legal.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
SNL Writer Offers Blowjobs To Anyone Who Will Punch The 'MAGA Kid In The Face'
"I will blow whoever manages to punch that maga kid in the face"
JOHN GURZINSKI / Stringer / Getty Images

By PAUL BOIS
@PAULBOIS39
January 22, 2019

Ever wonder why the laughs on "Saturday Night Live" come once every other ten sketches? Perhaps it's because they employ contributors like Sarah Beattie who think that offering free blowjobs to people for punching minors in the face is funny.

According to Newsbusters, Beattie, who was listed by Vogue as one of the "5 Comedians Who Might Help You Stay Sane for the Next 4 Years" upon President Trump's inauguration, took her cues from Nina Burleigh during the Covington Catholic Schoolboys controversy this weekend by offering fellatio to any chivalrous gent willing to punch the lights out of that "MAGA kid" seen smiling in the viral video as a Native American protester beats a drum directly in his face.
"I will blow whoever manages to punch that maga kid in the face," she said in the now-deleted Tweet.
sarahbeattie.jpg

The "MAGA kid" whose punchable face aroused Beattie into offering blowjobs has since been identified as high school junior Nick Sandmann, who said in a lengthy statement on Sunday that the viral video of him smiling was completely taken out of context and that he remained silent to defuse the situation.
"At no time did I hear any student chant anything other than the school spirit chants," said Sandmann. "I did not witness or hear any students chant 'build that wall' or anything hateful or racist at any time. Assertions to the contrary are simply false. Our chants were loud because we wanted to drown out the hateful comments that were being shouted at us by the protestors."
"After a few minutes of chanting, the Native American protestors, who I hadn't previously noticed, approached our group. The Native American protestors had drums and were accompanied by at least one person with a camera," the statement continued. "The protestor everyone has seen in the video began playing his drum as he waded into the crowd, which parted for him. I did not see anyone try to block his path. He locked eyes with me and approached me, coming within inches of my face. He played his drum the entire time he was in my face."

"I never interacted with this protestor. I did not speak to him. I did not make any hand gestures or other aggressive moves. I believed that by remaining motionless and calm, I was helping to diffuse the situation. I said a silent prayer that the situation would not get out of hand."
Despite the overwhelming evidence that the Covington Catholic boys did nothing wrong, Beattie doubled down on her insanity after deleting her initial tweet.
"oh yes the kid who was marching against women’s reproductive rights while wearing a hat promoting an evil homophobic racist misogynistic sociopath was TOTALLY misrepresented," she later tweeted.
oh yes the kid who was marching against women’s reproductive rights while wearing a hat promoting an evil homophobic racist misogynistic sociopath was TOTALLY misrepresented​

Of course, Sarah Beattie does not stand alone in her desire to see a minor receive a good punch in the face from an adult twice his size. Though no blowjobs were offered, CNN contributor Reza Aslan made asimilar proclamation at the height of the controversy.
"Honest question. Have you ever seen a more punchable face than this kid’s?" Aslan tweeted.
In 2016, pop singer Madonna offered blowjobs to anyone who would vote for Hillary Clinton, which was nearly 20 years after journalist Nina Burleigh made the same offer to Bill Clinton for the sake of keeping abortion legal.

Can someone please check on @kaboy42?... I don't want him to do anything crazy given the combo of hair color and proposition...

:lol:

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
I have a sneaking suspicion she wouldn't actually hold up her end of the bargain meanwhile some poor sap would go to jail for assaulting a minor. Lose/lose.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
I swear I won't punch him hard. I'll just give him 50%. Gotta save my energy for Ms Sarah.

She... she's gonna get 110% maximum effort! :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
oh yes the kid who was marching against women’s reproductive rights while wearing a hat promoting an evil homophobic racist misogynistic sociopath was TOTALLY misrepresented
This is where the pure comedy gold comes in. The left is so blinded by hate, they just lump together every campaign rhetoric the left has used the past 2 decades and assign them all to Trump. First of all, Trump is easily the most gay friendly Republican president ever and possibly one of the most gay friendly of either party (remember that Obama was against gay marriage his first term (as was Hillary in the primary that year)). And his family who is constantly bullied and attacked by the left have in fact been very vocal in the past about gay rights.

Heck, Trump waved a gay pride flag at one of his campaign stops before the election. The media of course buried it because it didn't fit the narrative, but if they truly believe all Republicans are so homophobic, maybe they should have ran that story non-stop. I'll even admit that it might have succeeded in making some social conservatives stay home on election day but of course that would require the left to give Trump credit on the issue, which again does not fit the narrative.

Now it comes to this specific incident and these geniuses continue to defend the group who were actually using gay slurs and attack the kids who called them out for it. As i said earlier, at what point do you finally realize that your hatred has blinded you so much that your actions are actually antithetical to what you CLAIM to believe.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
This is where the pure comedy gold comes in. The left is so blinded by hate, they just lump together every campaign rhetoric the left has used the past 2 decades and assign them all to Trump. First of all, Trump is easily the most gay friendly Republican president ever and possibly one of the most gay friendly of either party (remember that Obama was against gay marriage his first term (as was Hillary in the primary that year)). And his family who is constantly bullied and attacked by the left have in fact been very vocal in the past about gay rights.

Heck, Trump waved a gay pride flag at one of his campaign stops before the election. The media of course buried it because it didn't fit the narrative, but if they truly believe all Republicans are so homophobic, maybe they should have ran that story non-stop. I'll even admit that it might have succeeded in making some social conservatives stay home on election day but of course that would require the left to give Trump credit on the issue, which again does not fit the narrative.

Now it comes to this specific incident and these geniuses continue to defend the group who were actually using gay slurs and attack the kids who called them out for it. As i said earlier, at what point do you finally realize that your hatred has blinded you so much that your actions are actually antithetical to what you CLAIM to believe.
Well said, but I believe the comment should be credited to Sarah Beattie and not jcowboy?

Jul 7, 2004
WATCH: Here's NBC's Interview With Covington Catholic's Nick Sandmann That's Triggered The Left
Nathan Congleton/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images

By JAMES BARRETT
January 23, 2019

As The Daily Wire reported Tuesday, NBC's decision to give viewers the chance to hear from Nicholas Sandmann — the high school junior at the center of a series of libelous accusations and reports about an encounter between students from Kentucky's Covington Catholic High School and a Native American activist — prompted outrage from those who continue to portray the boys as cruel harassers, despite video evidence debunking that unfair characterization of events.

NBC has now released the full interview (below), which includes Sandmann defending his right to be there and underscoring that he was not disrespectful to the activist Nathan Philliips, who approached him, at times getting inches from his face, and later described the boys as "beasts."
Soon after the 3:45 carefully clipped video of the encounter between the students and Phillips went viral on Saturday, two hours of footage surfaced showing that Phillips' description of the event and most of the early reporting by mainstream media outlets was false. Rather than being the harassers, the boys were harassed by radical racial activist group Black Hebrew Israelites, which has been designated a "hate group" by the left-wing Southern Poverty Law Center, who hurled racist and homophobic insults at the students. After hysterical critics called for the doxxing of the boys, some even encouraging violence against them, Sandmann issued a lengthy account of the incident that aligns far more with the full video footage than Phillips' widely reported account.
In his interview with "TODAY" co-host Savannah Guthrie, Sandmann made a point of saying that he respects Phillips and hopes to speak with him in person. While Sandmann defended his right to be there and his decision to remain calm in order to "defuse" the situation, as he said in his statement, he also said, "In hindsight, I wish we could've walked away and avoided the whole thing."
"Do you feel from this experience that you owe anybody an apology?" asked Guthrie. "Do you see your own fault in any way?"
"As far as standing there, I had every right to do so," Sandmann replied. "My position is that I was not disrespectful to Mr. Phillips — I respect him, I’d like to talk to him. In hindsight, I wish we could have walked away and avoided the whole thing, but I can’t say that I’m sorry for listening to him and standing there."
After the hostile campaign against him and his fellow classmates, which escalated to the point that school officials felt it necessary to cancel school on Tuesday, it's not suprising that Sandmann wishes the whole thing had never happened. Watch the interview below via "TODAY":

TODAY

@TODAYshow

“In hindsight, I wish we could’ve walked away and avoided the whole thing.”

Watch Nick Sadnmann’s full exclusive interview with @savannahguthrie

In his initial statements to the press, Phillips described the boys as "beasts" and said he believed he had inserted himself between them and their "prey," by whom he meant the BHI members that had called them "f*ggots" and "crackers" and told them to "go back to Europe." Phillips initially rejected an offer to speak with the boys, saying, "At first, I wanted the teachers and chaperones to be reprimanded — some fired — for letting this happen. For the students, I was against any expulsions, but now I have to revisit that." But amid mounting backlash, Phillips has reversed himself, issuing a statement in which he makes clear that he beleives Sandmann should "apologize" and accused him of lying:
I have read the statement from Nick Sandmann, the student who stared at me for a long time. He did not apologize, and I believe there are intentional falsehoods in his testimony. But I have faith that human beings can use a moment like this to find a way to gain understanding from one another.​
After he approached the boys and became the central figure in the viral video, Phillips reportedly helped lead his activist group to crash the Saturday Mass at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.
NBC's announcement Tuesday that they interviewed Sandmann was met with outrage online. Some examples highlighted by Daily Wire's Josh Hammer which include comparing the high school boy to Hitler and racist mass murder Dylann Roof:

Savannah Guthrie

@SavannahGuthrie

· 22h

Sitting down with Nicholas Sandmann - the student at the center of the protest controversy at the Lincoln Memorial. Airs tomorrow on @TODAYshow

Amy Siskind

@Amy_Siskind

Hey everyone-

If we can organize boycotting Trump’s Oval Office address, we can certainly orchestrate a boycott of @TODAYshow and @SavannahGuthrie for at least week! Who’s in?

Savannah Guthrie

@SavannahGuthrie

· 22h

Sitting down with Nicholas Sandmann - the student at the center of the protest controversy at the Lincoln Memorial. Airs tomorrow on @TODAYshow

Tony Posnanski

@tonyposnanski

Sounds awesome! Will you be digging up Hitler’s corpse for a fun dialogue on Thursday as well Savannah?

Savannah Guthrie

@SavannahGuthrie

· 22h

Eric Garland

@ericgarland

Do you think Pepe the Frog is available for Thursday’s show? Can Dylann Roof do a segment from prison? Heart-to-heart with some Fentanyl traffickers?​