COWBOY BASEBALL

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

PC_cowboy33

Orange ruler guy
Feb 7, 2007
Edmond
www.facebook.com
I don't know much about baseball. Some posters on here have said that it would be important to get alumni involved in the program. I think that would be huge.

Someone said they have been reaching out to their alumni in the past. Well, in what ways and when? More than just a single bbq at a house in California. I'm not saying we will be in Omaha 2 years later, but someone in this half azz athletic department needs to start listening to its fans and alumni in every sport. Getting these older player more involved in the program will be a very east start to turning this pretty bad club around. Don't worry Holder, I'm not in the AD so it's probably wrong and a bad idea.
we had 2 alumni weekend activities planned this year. One on homecoming weekend for football, which involved a pretty good number of former players though I don't have the official numbers at hand.

The other was an alumni game with around 35 guys who wanted to come play and 15-20 more who just wanted to come back to enjoy the weekend, but it was 33 degrees so we had to cancel the game.

We also added quite a bit of signage this year along the outfield fence related to the history of the program.

I can't tell you for certain, but I would imagine all of that was paid for out of the operating budget for baseball. I don't think they can do a whole lot more than a couple weekends a year with the funds available.

Philranger

Territorial Marshal
Oct 6, 2010
Owasso
I honestly feel sorry for any coach that has to work at a school that had a legendary coach. It's the same all over regardless of the sport.

"Anderson isn't as good as Ward was, OMG he must suck! Fire him!"
"OMG Frank Solich hasn't won a national title at Nebraska like Osborne did, we should fire him for not being as good as a coaching legend!"

And in the first 3 years of Gundy's career:

"Les Miles did so well here, and Gundy is screwing it up! We should fire him!"

Jun 12, 2007
Gary Ward never won a Big 12 championship.
And Frank Anderson never won a Big 8 Championship. With Ward winning 17 championshiops, I am willing to bet Frank Anderson doesn't win at least 17 championships in his coaching career at OSU. Anderson only has 16 more to go PC so what do you say?

PC_cowboy33

Orange ruler guy
Feb 7, 2007
Edmond
www.facebook.com
And Frank Anderson never won a Big 8 Championship. With Ward winning 17 championshiops, I am willing to bet Frank Anderson doesn't win at least 17 championships in his coaching career at OSU. Anderson only has 16 more to go PC so what do you say?
I guess you missed the ;)
Who is the only OSU coach to ever win the Big 12 tournament? ;)