Cowboy Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2006
Switching directions for a minute, is there any word on what will happen to Allie P? Could it be repurposed for softball?

Feb 25, 2008
Switching directions for a minute, is there any word on what will happen to Allie P? Could it be repurposed for softball?

“We’ve thought about that a lot, but I don’t think anyone has made a decision yet,” Holder said. “There are a lot of options out there: keeping it, you can repurpose it, or tear it down. If we tore it down, I think we’d do something similar or do what they did in Omaha with Rosenblatt. I understand they still have home plate there and a couple of foul poles."

^^^ By Jason Elmquist CNHI Sports Oklahoma
  • Mar 29, 2018

https://www.stwnewspress.com/sports...cle_34a4fe89-2f7b-56d3-a86e-9e0a849a4db0.html

Oct 18, 2020
Stillwater ok
I was able to attend inter squad game today at O’Brate. Pitchers are certainly ahead of the hitters at this point of early spring. Nolan McLean and Justin Wrobleski were the starters. Both pitched two innings each and gave up nothing. Sitting behind some pro scouts that were there I could see their radar guns. Both McLean and Wrobleski each hit 94mph. Wrobleski stuck out Golda on a 80mph change up after back to back 94mph fastballs. It was a cold day with temperatures in the low 40’s but it was sure fun to see the Pokes getting ready for February 19th. Go Pokes “Make it Happen “

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
Would be nice if information about tickets would be released this week.
i called the ticket office on Friday and they said they are reaching out to all the people who bought season tickets for last year to see if they want to retain them or not. after that, I guess they will see how many seats are available to be opened up to sell. I put my name on a waiting list to be called once tickets become available. Then, a good friend of mine, who bought season tickets last year, said he got an email from the ticket office asking if they could call him today (02/01), to see if he wanted to keep his tickets or not. So, hopefully by next week we will know more about how many tickets will be available.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
The Oasis
redcircle.com
i called the ticket office on Friday and they said they are reaching out to all the people who bought season tickets for last year to see if they want to retain them or not. after that, I guess they will see how many seats are available to be opened up to sell. I put my name on a waiting list to be called once tickets become available. Then, a good friend of mine, who bought season tickets last year, said he got an email from the ticket office asking if they could call him today (02/01), to see if he wanted to keep his tickets or not. So, hopefully by next week we will know more about how many tickets will be available.

See, the issue I have with that is this. That all could have been done several weeks ago. You don't have to have a Big 12 schedule out (they haven't even released the full schedule officially yet) to send e-mails and call people to see if they want to opt in or out. So poorly managed.......

Mar 1, 2005
Enid, Oklahoma
What does a new palace get you? Only 7 non-conference road games...and one of those is at Globe Life in Arlington. Can't wait for a TON of baseball in O'Brate!

Also interesting is no DBU and no Wichita State. I wonder if that's COVID related and us trying to maximize home games?

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
See, the issue I have with that is this. That all could have been done several weeks ago. You don't have to have a Big 12 schedule out (they haven't even released the full schedule officially yet) to send e-mails and call people to see if they want to opt in or out. So poorly managed.......
agreed. just passing on the info that I have.........

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
The Oasis
redcircle.com
Thanks Ptak. Do you think the games at O'Brate not on ESPN+ will be on you tube as in the past or some other vehicle from the university?

Honestly, I don't think they'll be on youtube. I'm pretty sure that went away with this ESPN+ contract. Last season, short sample size, any game that wasn't on ESPN+ wasn't on youtube either. Now, I think, I could be wrong, but I think that Fox sports could also pick up a few games. Not sure about that though. Of course, this is just our home games, so I'm sure plenty of those road games, especially in conference, will be picked up on ESPN+, ESPNU, etc. too.

Feb 25, 2018
North Texas
Honestly, I don't think they'll be on youtube. I'm pretty sure that went away with this ESPN+ contract. Last season, short sample size, any game that wasn't on ESPN+ wasn't on youtube either. Now, I think, I could be wrong, but I think that Fox sports could also pick up a few games. Not sure about that though. Of course, this is just our home games, so I'm sure plenty of those road games, especially in conference, will be picked up on ESPN+, ESPNU, etc. too.
What would we all do without Ptak and his vast Cowboy Baseball knowledge? Lol. Keep it coming.

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
Thanks Ptak. I was afraid of that. Hopefully Fox and ESPN+ will pick them up. There sure looked like quite a few games with no TV on there. And that will be a shame.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Thanks Ptak. I was afraid of that. Hopefully Fox and ESPN+ will pick them up. There sure looked like quite a few games with no TV on there. And that will be a shame.
Some might be under option. In other words, not picked up until closer to the games themselves.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk