Cowboy Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Supposedly some of the season tickets were bought by people who don’t go to games or rarely go to games and they resell tickets at a profit. I believe ticket office is trying to scrutinize who these individual are to prevent scalping by making it harder to sell or transfer your tickets.

Being season tickets are sold out some may try to resell their season tickets at a profit.

When GIA sold out many years during Sutton era ticket scalpers we’re making a killing of resale of tickets.

Aug 24, 2015
Houston
Aaron Fitt: The Cowboys indicated that Brown is the front-runner for the shortstop job after the fall. I saw Brown play short in my fall visit, and he looked great there — he’s just a really live athlete who can make all the plays. It wouldn’t surprise me if Roc Riggio winds up at second base at some point as well, once he comes back from injury. But Huey’s versatility is valuable, and he’ll certainly make his share of contributions.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Aaron Fitt: The Cowboys indicated that Brown is the front-runner for the shortstop job after the fall. I saw Brown play short in my fall visit, and he looked great there — he’s just a really live athlete who can make all the plays. It wouldn’t surprise me if Roc Riggio winds up at second base at some point as well, once he comes back from injury. But Huey’s versatility is valuable, and he’ll certainly make his share of contributions.
Listening to one of Holliday’s interviews a few months back and the comments he made about him, you may be right.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
not the kind of news I want to post but i figured it should be shared in case anyone wants to know. He was a 2023 commit and was a rising HS prospect. Gone way too soon:(

https://twitter.com/jacobunruh/status/1485380604237656067?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
Quite frankly once they are gone from the conference, I would rather see us schedule series with GOOD sec teams in its place. A series with LSU or Vandy among others would draw just as well to O’Brate and be a far greater boost to the RPI.
My desire on this is well known but I don’t miss chances to repeat it. When they’re gone, they need to be all gone. Clean break from the great satan is the best thing for OSU. Period.

Love the idea of replacing a weekend with those two teams or even Arkansas which I could see played in Tulsa.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
The Oasis
redcircle.com
My desire on this is well known but I don’t miss chances to repeat it. When they’re gone, they need to be all gone. Clean break from the great satan is the best thing for OSU. Period.

Love the idea of replacing a weekend with those two teams or even Arkansas which I could see played in Tulsa.

I've always thought it would be a cool thing to start hosting a round robin tournament at O'Brate every year, maybe the first weekend of March. Invite some cold weather schools down and do a round robin. Maybe one cold weather pac team like WSU or Wash., maybe 1 from the B10, and 1 from somewhere like the Atlantic 10 or something. Would love to get Nebraska down to O'Brate consistently, they're always solid competition, well coached, and their fan base would travel. Get your better B10 teams down here consistently like Michigan, and someone like a St. Johns from the northeast with good tradition. It would make for some interesting baseball in Stillwater I think.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
My desire on this is well known but I don’t miss chances to repeat it. When they’re gone, they need to be all gone. Clean break from the great satan is the best thing for OSU. Period. Love the idea of replacing a weekend with those two teams or even Arkansas which I could see played in Tulsa.
Agreed, and I’ll repeat something I strongly believe. In the long run they’ll have much more of a desire to schedule something in all sports with us than we will of them. Screw ‘em all.

Last edited:

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004

Completely and totally agree!!

Dec 21, 2008
Lets do orange pinstripes!!! Rogalski passed from bacterial meningitis on his brain :_(

I wish Hub would do some behind the scenes stuff in the off season and Q&As with new guys. I haven't even heard Roc speak yet and would love to see locker room interactions and bloopers. I love Hubs weather reports!!! The bucket of water to the face mid sentence is one of the best parts of the year lol