Cowboy Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

VaPoke

Wrangler
Oct 14, 2013
Washington DC
Josh isn’t getting it done. Boynton not getting it done in basketball either and wrestling has been underachieving for the last several years.
Boynton is a great guy but I don't see him getting the BB program to the next level from where we are. I feel that OSU baseball should be consistently relevant on a national level. Being highly ranked all year and blowing it in regionals is not a sign of success. To be nationally relevant we need to be in the CWS about 3-4 times a decade and win regionals 6-8 times a decade. You have to perform when it counts. Rankings and conference championships are nice but not if you are sitting home watching other teams play on national tv during playoff time.
Or...maybe I am living in the past.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2006
I think everyone that followed college baseball knew they (OU) were one of the hottest teams around so it isn't at all surprising that they're in Omaha. They should've hosted over Texas.

OkstateKerr

Federal Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Arkansas just walked off UNC to punch their ticket to Omaha. UNC scored 2 in the top of the 9th to take the lead. Arkansas gets them right back at the end. Exciting sequence

Apr 7, 2006
Josh needs to take stock of the program and where it's headed because we're now 6 years from our last trip to Omaha. We've got the facilities and recruiting now - which we highlighted as the missing pieces. Arkansas and Tech continue to routinely get the best of us and now you've got OU in Omaha. Enough with the coach speak - time to get results.

Aug 28, 2009
Josh is going to field a team that does the exact same thing next season. They will underperform and not get improve throughout the year due to poor coaching. Rinse and repeat.