Cowboy Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 21, 2008
Problem with a lot of these Oklahoma high school stars is that they see 86-90mph pitching so many many recruits that we have signed have looked really good in these travel leagues. Texas kids see 90-96mph on the regular so imo that gives a better gauge how a kid can handle elite pitching. I feel like we have missed on a lot of Oklahoma high school kids that appear to be elite but just don’t turn out that way. May just be me

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Problem with a lot of these Oklahoma high school stars is that they see 86-90mph pitching so many many recruits that we have signed have looked really good in these travel leagues. Texas kids see 90-96mph on the regular so imo that gives a better gauge how a kid can handle elite pitching. I feel like we have missed on a lot of Oklahoma high school kids that appear to be elite but just don’t turn out that way. May just be me
depending on classification you’re in Texas….everyone in Texas isn’t pumping 90-96 on the regular. At the end of the day, we’ve had our share of prospect misses from Oklahoma and Texas. Velo isn’t the problem as much as kids today inability to hit the breaking ball

Takeout Slide

Hardcore Troubadour
Nov 10, 2009
Rounding third and heading for Omaha
Who?

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
There is a huge difference between 86 and 96.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Jon Heasley had a great outing today through 6 innings with a 3 hitter with a 5-2 lead and now relievers are failing tied 6-6. Royals starters are good and relievers can’t hold a lead. Royals lost 7-6 with a walk off HR with two outs bottom of the ninth inning.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Trevor makes a return to the cape. Maybe getting one last look for scouts before the draft? IMO he’s a 50/50 that could sign or stay.
3 IP 2 H 0 R 1 BB 5 K’s. He had a nice outing

https://twitter.com/chathamanglers/status/1544122117146525701?s=21&t=-DuL0zDzEoiN7z_kIfSgtg

Osuatty

Wrangler
Aug 4, 2019
Edmond , Oklahoma
By "properly" do you mean starting? Because he threw 42 innings, the fifth most on the staff. i do agree that kale should have been used in more high pressure situations down the stretch than he was. I know that Kale wants to be a starter, so maybe OU promised that. They lose 2 of their top 3 at least.

Dec 21, 2008
Would love to hear more in-house about Rob. Philosophy, personality, plans to get guys to the pros, why so many pitchers underperform etc. Just feels our pitching is like our OL. Stagnant, no momentum, boring