Cowboy Basketball: TCU defeats the Pokes (6-1) 77-76. Next up #11 TEXAS on SUNDAY

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 5, 2020
OKC
It is unacceptable, but I've come to expect that from OSU basketball over the last decade.
You must be an X-Bond Girl
So sick of us losing and choking in football and basketball. That choke down the stretch was the epitome of a Poke Choke.

Take a YEAR OFF Dude. Your family will really like you again. I got too involved years back, took a year off came back with better job, better vision. A though loss like tonight still hurts, it is no longer a gutting of the fish. Remember these are kids and these are "games", even if the are able to brand....
We have all been through most of the worst times in 100 years. Stay away if these Poke loss/wins hit you so much. The kids on the teams we love so well - we just need t chill. Get a vaccine shots in 4-5 months all the Poke faithful will be back at BP, and start up again who should coach..!

Sep 30, 2013
plus.google.com
Well, it is still 2020. Hit FTs and an easy win. All the other mumbo jumbo from grade school pseudo coaches on this post - geez folk ain't got no lives anymore.

Eat candy or drink and feel better
THIS. The defensive game seemed fine. The offensive game was . . . something... Whatever, I won't dwell on it.

But at one point, I remember oSu being 10/17 from the free throw line. Seriously?

And it wasn't like it was just MAM sitting there. Cade, Rondel, Ice, and Bryce were bricking FTs! Hit those and oSu easily wins by at least 5, probably ten. :facepalm:

Why is this happening?

Nov 2, 2004
Broken Arrow
To little discipline in all aspects of the game. Boynton must totally ignore Scott and Barry.
I was thinking that also, there is no way those 2 with the experience that have couldn't have suggested/drawn up a better last play...ridiculous. We aren't going to have to worry about the appeal we won't go to the tournament anyway. It's the same crap every year.
MB is a nice guy, but so was TF...he is in over his head.

Sep 23, 2010
Those last few minutes were really difficult to endure.

Started the game off reasonably well. Then we played terribly on offense and gave up so many open 3's to put ourselves in a hole. Good job to get in striking distance right before half. Then the second unit really turned up the energy and got us our lead mid second half. Cade with six minutes left begins to take over on offense but then our defense with the first unit just wasn't near as good. Ice has a brutal moment on an underneath out of bounds play where he gives minimal effort trying to get around a screen, instead he just shoves the screener out and gives up a wide open 3. We were lucky that wasn't a 3 and free throws for the screener.

Kalib Boone just is way too soft with the ball. He is just too weak, physically and mentally for those moments right now. He has 5 of our 13 turnovers. And empty possessions down the stretch in close games are tough to overcome. I know MAM has free throw issues but I still feel more comfortable with him at the end. We were disoriented on offense there the last couple minutes. Surely we have a few actions we can run to settle the team down instead of tossing the ball to Bryce Williams with 30seconds left, 5seconds on the shot clock and he has to make a one on one play?

I was really encouraged with Cade playing poorly in the first half and us being right there. I was even more encourage with our second unit's play in the second half. I was thinking this is going to be a nice win we can grow from. Then the last few minutes happened.

3pt and rim defense continues to be poor. But that is product of on the line, up the line defense. Teams just spread you out. When a player gets to beat, it's just so much ground to cover to help, and then it's too hard to put on the brakes and get back to your shooter when they pass it out there. Same thing underneath, it's too much ground to rotate to the big man. Coach Sutton's teams played denial defense often but you have to remember that back then you could hand check a dribbler and be far more physical than you can now. It's a different game now and that's why you don't see that many teams play this type of half court man defense any more.

Tulley

Wrangler
Feb 27, 2018
IA
It’s so frustrating to have a top 3 player in the country and not have an solid offensive system in place. It’s kind of crazy to me how Boynton has excelled in discipline off the court, but it’s on court discipline that he’s lacking. Yeah yeah I get people will say well that’s just not his personality as a coach, well....sometimes you have to rip into someone’s ass. You can’t just leave a guy in there and pretend everything is okay. With this team, losing to TCU at home is a very very very bad loss.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Not having Yor is a huge blow to this team. Remember when we as fans largely turned on him in conference play last year? Man that feels dumb right now.

On Tuesday night I watch a decent amount of the ISU-KSU game. We’re still most likely going to beat both of those teams, but even they have drastically better front court situations than we do. The center situation is awful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 23, 2010
Not having Yor is a huge blow to this team. Remember when we as fans largely turned on him in conference play last year? Man that feels dumb right now.

On Tuesday night I watch a decent amount of the ISU-KSU game. We’re still most likely going to beat both of those teams, but even they have drastically better front court situations than we do. The center situation is awful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No question. Yor would be extremely helpful to this team.

Jul 12, 2004
Stillwater, OK
Umm, didn't OU beat TCU AT TCU? We are doomed. No other way to say it.

I have to say I am not impressed with the X & O coaching/game plan of the coaching staff. Never expected it from HCMB, but I thought better of Scott Sutton.