Cowboy Basketball: UT defeats OSU in Big 12 Championship Game. Pokes are #4 Seed and will play #13 Seed Liberty on FRIDAY

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Big 12 Tournament Championships matter! I would enjoy it anyway
I mean I would too but I would rather make the Sweet 16/Elite 8. I swear if Culver tests positive for COVID and we get shut down we should sue WVU for lost revenue. He was obviously sick yesterday and they played him anyway.

Aug 29, 2004
Austin, TX
I don't think Villanova has won a game since their star got hurt, and the committee has a history of seeding teams lower if their star gets hurt, so I can't imagine them being better than a 4. There are still other teams currently projected 4-5 seeds that could make a run though (FSU, Virginia, Texas Tech, Purdue), so even if we jump WVU and Nova, not guaranteed to get a 3 seed
Down to FSU and Purdue now. Of course, if we beat Baylor, we're a lock for a 3 seed.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Down to FSU and Purdue now. Of course, if we beat Baylor, we're a lock for a 3 seed.
If we beat Baylor I like our chances in the final against Kansas without McCormick or Texas. Win the tournament and we have a legit case for a 2 seed. Remember the last time we had a two seed? (That team should have been a 1 seed but I digress)

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
But remember what started this conversation. We were talking about how the Big XII is prepping all it's team on how to win close games. Gonzaga probably hasn't had a close game all year and they beat those Big XII early in the season, before they were toughened up by the conference play. While we are all getting tougher, they've been metaphorically sitting on the couch eating Cheetohs.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
The Oasis
redcircle.com
I just have to say, this is really bringing back some cherished memories from springs long ago. There may not be a better time of year than this. Cowboy Baseball is getting going, Cardinals spring training baseball is happening, and Cowboy Basketball is rolling in postseason play.

Aug 19, 2006
I just have to say, this is really bringing back some cherished memories from springs long ago. There may not be a better time of year than this. Cowboy Baseball is getting going, Cardinals spring training baseball is happening, and Cowboy Basketball is rolling in postseason play.
Well said. The only thing that would have made it better is if the wresting team was heading into nationals with a good shot at winning the championship instead of limping in with maybe a shot at finishing in the Top 10. Maybe next year we'll get the trifecta!

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Well said. The only thing that would have made it better is if the wresting team was heading into nationals with a good shot at winning the championship instead of limping in with maybe a shot at finishing in the Top 10. Maybe next year we'll get the trifecta!
We can replace that with an elite softball team

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
Fat chance of a trifecta. I turn 76 today and been a serious fan since 1960. Squinky is always lurking to tear our hearts out.

Oct 29, 2004
Edmond, OK
Fat chance of a trifecta. I turn 76 today and been a serious fan since 1960. Squinky is always lurking to tear our hearts out.
Happy Birthday, CC. Long time Cowboy fan.

On another note, breaking news, WHB Sports in KC is reporting that due to positive COVID test for a KU player that Kansas has been eliminated from the Big 12 tournament...Texas moves on to the Big 12 final.

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
If we beat Baylor I like our chances in the final against Kansas without McCormick or Texas. Win the tournament and we have a legit case for a 2 seed. Remember the last time we had a two seed? (That team should have been a 1 seed but I digress)
Yeah, but it very much didn't affect the results. We were so close to making the championship game, but I don't see any way we would have beat UCONN that year.

Oct 29, 2004
Edmond, OK
The conference tournament is a bad idea having it too close to the NCAA tournament. Cancel it now.
Yep. Duke, Virginia...now KU. I would really like to see a full squad OSU against Baylor but sure don’t want risk our Big Dance starting next week. I think we are a 3 seed regardless of the outcome tonight or tomorrow.