Cowboy Basketball vs Charleston

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
GREAT recruiting news??
It is probably his official announcement of Cunningham and Walker signing. He can’t talk about anyone that hasn’t signed.
This morning at 11:30 I think, is when they'll record the coach Boynton radio show. So yeah, I think it's his chance to finally discuss these guys that have signed.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sep 23, 2010
We played with WAY more energy last night on both defense and offense than the first two games. The first 10minutes we didn't attack on offense. Dizzy got it going, and we began to attack the paint. Kalib Boone was awesome despite missing two bunnies. We will have always have 40 minutes of shot blocking and energy out of that 5 position. Kalib is actually the best NBA prospect our team currently he has. He's going to keep getting better. Not too many 5's can run through a pass and dunk it on the other end with that kind of agility.

Second half kind of showed what our team could be. We put that second unit in and they were still playing at a high octane level. Harris is far better defender than I imagined and he will get comfortable and start hitting shots. Avery is athletic as all be. Keylan has been better than imagined.

Fun final 25 minutes of basketball, and this team should only keep improving as the young guys get more comfortable. Not sure how much Laurant and Hiddie help us, but they are good for 10th and 11th best guys. And it's crazy to think if Watson was in with his crazy high ceiling, but I get the feeling he's a goner.

Should be an exciting team to watch when they play with that type of energy. If GIA fills up, those boys are going to be flying all over that court. The momentum of the program is real...just got to make sure it doesn't get derailed.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
Collegiate basketball, sad to say, has become a 3-point competition. They should just rename it to "3-Point Basketball," unfortunately. I guess that's just the way it's played these days.
Definitely don't watch any NBA Basketball if you don't like the 3 game. I know they moved the line back to FIBA distance but maybe they should move it to NBA distance.

Sep 20, 2009
Kansas City
We played with WAY more energy last night on both defense and offense than the first two games. The first 10minutes we didn't attack on offense. Dizzy got it going, and we began to attack the paint. Kalib Boone was awesome despite missing two bunnies. We will have always have 40 minutes of shot blocking and energy out of that 5 position. Kalib is actually the best NBA prospect our team currently he has. He's going to keep getting better. Not too many 5's can run through a pass and dunk it on the other end with that kind of agility.

Second half kind of showed what our team could be. We put that second unit in and they were still playing at a high octane level. Harris is far better defender than I imagined and he will get comfortable and start hitting shots. Avery is athletic as all be. Keylan has been better than imagined.

Fun final 25 minutes of basketball, and this team should only keep improving as the young guys get more comfortable. Not sure how much Laurant and Hiddie help us, but they are good for 10th and 11th best guys. And it's crazy to think if Watson was in with his crazy high ceiling, but I get the feeling he's a goner.

Should be an exciting team to watch when they play with that type of energy. If GIA fills up, those boys are going to be flying all over that court. The momentum of the program is real...just got to make sure it doesn't get derailed.
I heard the case got dropped on Watson. We may be seeing him this year.

Nov 17, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Glad to see you made it back safe Landon.
I did! It was great meeting you and your family, along with the other alumni that were there. The game was a lot of fun to watch in-person. Especially the way we came back hitting hard in the second half. It was fun watching the facial expressions of the College of Charleston fans sitting next to me. Lol. They were quite shocked, and frankly - impressed with our team. I felt proud.
Tell your son I enjoyed meeting and talking with him, and that I looked for you guys after the game so I could say 'bye' to him!

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
Is anyone concerned about all of the careless turnovers we had in the first half? I know we did much better in the second half, but the first half was terrible.

Aug 7, 2006
Is anyone concerned about all of the careless turnovers we had in the first half? I know we did much better in the second half, but the first half was terrible.
Not really, turnovers can be corrected and it looked like they were at halftime. Coming out passive and un-energetic in the first 10 minutes of the game was a little concerning though. You can't do that in the Big 12 or you'll get buried... which happened a few times last year.

Sep 20, 2009
Kansas City
The legal case was dropped last week. Old news. Has the Title IX investigation been completed? That is the sticking point right now.
If there wasn't enough proof for a criminal charge are we thinking there's enough for a title IX infraction? I don't know the ins and outs of how Title IX investigations go.

Dec 15, 2004
Edmond
The comments in the first half show why some of the "experts" should just stay fans and not try to coach.....
Yeah...should benched Dzaigwa.....lol
That second half was a total ass whip at both ends of the floor of a pretty decent team in their house
This basketball program is on the right track with the right leadership
Also great to see Hinson on the sideline as well

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
It's good to see the development of Yor and Ice the way they have. At the start of last season neither looked very good, now the team feeds off of them. Proves this staff can not only recruit but can also coach'em up. going to be an exciting season.

Jul 16, 2005
Edmond
The comments in the first half show why some of the "experts" should just stay fans and not try to coach.....
Yeah...should benched Dzaigwa.....lol
That second half was a total ass whip at both ends of the floor of a pretty decent team in their house
This basketball program is on the right track with the right leadership
Also great to see Hinson on the sideline as well
This is why I stray away from game threads as the game is going on.