Cowboy Golf

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

LakeCowboy

#golfschool
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK
This Texas team (the Coody’s and Cole Hammer) have been really rough on us. They’re the ones who kept us from winning 2 straight at The Blessings in Arkansas after we won it at Karsten Creek in 2018
They’re really good and really experienced. They also don’t need their top 3 to get points, any of their 5 can lock down a point. That was what was so great about our 2018 team, all 5 guys could go get you a point. 2019’s team was lacking that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Gawd, I despise TX winning anything.
Hate it all you want, you gotta respect it. I wish our guys played with the kind of stones their guys do. I'm glad to see Hammer and the Coodys move on.

Unrelated note: I wonder why we concentrate on foreign players so much? They don't seem any better than these American kids that seem to kick out butts in match play every year. Obviously, the Hovlands and Chacarra's are guys anyone would want on their team, but the rest of them...I don't know. Just seems odd that our roster is made up of a majority of foreigners.

Dec 7, 2006
Hate it all you want, you gotta respect it. I wish our guys played with the kind of stones their guys do. I'm glad to see Hammer and the Coodys move on.

Unrelated note: I wonder why we concentrate on foreign players so much? They don't seem any better than these American kids that seem to kick out butts in match play every year. Obviously, the Hovlands and Chacarra's are guys anyone would want on their team, but the rest of them...I don't know. Just seems odd that our roster is made up of a majority of foreigners.
It's basically 50/50, as it should be. There are good players from all over the world, and I'm confident in Bratton's ability to find them. As you noted, he plucked Hovland from relative obscurity (Chaparral was a Wake Forest transfer so don't think he fits easily in any box) and not all junior golfers stateside want to hone their craft in Stillwater, Oklahoma.

Dec 7, 2006

I'm not sure what to think about this. While the money is great for those guys (Uihlien made $1.5 million this weekend, which is basically about a third of what he's made playing professionally since 2006), that means that our most prominent golfers on tour (outside of Hovland) will all be playing in obscure tournaments with limited chance of qualifying for the majors, unless LIV gets OWGR recognition, which I doubt it will and, even if it does, likely won't garner many points. Our chances of rooting for Pokes on the weekends is going to be a lot more limited. Hopefully, they dump some of that cash back into Cowboy golf.

The Wolff one is unclear. I haven't seen that reported anywhere else, but he was featured in a LIV golf promotional video this weekend (along with Bubba Watson). Regardless, there's tons of smoke that Rickie is about to get a big bag drop as a sign on bonus since he'd be a big get for the Saudis.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas

I'm not sure what to think about this. While the money is great for those guys (Uihlien made $1.5 million this weekend, which is basically about a third of what he's made playing professionally since 2006), that means that our most prominent golfers on tour (outside of Hovland) will all be playing in obscure tournaments with limited chance of qualifying for the majors, unless LIV gets OWGR recognition, which I doubt it will and, even if it does, likely won't garner many points. Our chances of rooting for Pokes on the weekends is going to be a lot more limited. Hopefully, they dump some of that cash back into Cowboy golf.

The Wolff one is unclear. I haven't seen that reported anywhere else, but he was featured in a LIV golf promotional video this weekend (along with Bubba Watson). Regardless, there's tons of smoke that Rickie is about to get a big bag drop as a sign on bonus since he'd be a big get for the Saudis.
Fowler needs to take the money while he can and Wolff may not have an option either if he can't secure his tour card going forward either. Both I think are close to losing their PGA tour card for quality of play reasons so it wouldn't shock me if they both went to the LIV tour. I wish they could turn it around and win some majors in the PGA but it just isn't happening for them unfortunately.