Cowboys (10-11) Drops game against KSU 68-71. Pokes are 3-6 in Conference. Next up BEDLAM on Saturday.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
This team continues to find ways to lose. Can’t have a good offensive and defensive effort on the same night. Then miss a 1:1 with under a minute left.

Cowboys score 4 points in last 6 minutes of the game. Atrocious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Miss front end of a one and one and then can't get a rebound...deserve to lose this one. Gotta be able to hit free throws. KSU's not very good and what's the deal with their coach and that mask...why even have it on your face if it's constantly on your chin? The guys didn't play that bad, just couldn't close out an inferior team. sad.

OkstateKerr

Federal Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
They show stretches of good basketball. Maybe with the postseason in play they would show that a little more? This is usually the part of the season where Boyton’s teams get better

Dec 9, 2013
In conference play, possessions matter. Under 4 and we allow MAM to dibble down the floor into a turnover. Next possession a sr pg gets the rebound and instead of advancing the ball makes an awful pass in the backcourt resulting in a 10 second call. Miss front end of 1-1. Convert on any of those 3 possessions and you likely steal a road conf game. This is where boynton fails. He has for five years.

Yes it’s players making those mistakes but the complete lack of discipline and situational awareness is on the coach.

Oct 29, 2004
Edmond, OK
For all the Boynton talk this week about “don’t get on the bus to Manhattan unless” bull butter, they still do the same things they have done for the last 4 years…turnovers, lack of team sharing, poor free throw shooting, lack of player improvement, etc.

I don’t like to be negative with Boynton’s teams but someone please enlighten me to some positive part of his teams that you can count on game after game. I’m trying to find it. I’m open to others observations.

Sep 24, 2011
Been 16 years since a Sweet 16. That’s two wins in the dance. Instead we get two wins in 16 years. Not looking good to change any year soon.