Cowboys (10-4) defeats ISU 81-60. Pokes are 4-4 in Big 12. Next Up Arkansas in GIA SATURDAY. Big 12/SEC. HCMB is 2-1 in challenge

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 17, 2011
Honestly missing your head coach is a big deal in college. The kids rely on your coach to make the game plan and study to know what and when to switch defensive setups. Also that throw in was terrible.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX & Graz, Austria
What a boring thread this would be if none of us watched the game!
That is why I put it in the hands of you guys last night to watch it for me. I already know @OkstateKerr is going to give a lot of play by play info. I know who is ready to jump in and post based on how the game is going, but if it doesn't follow their "agenda", they won't post at all.

First game that I've missed. I don't think it is that bad, considering all the late night games and living in Europe. I had an important AM meeting for work.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX & Graz, Austria
AA has been better with the turnovers this year as the third in line ballhandler. However, last two games he has 5 per game with him being put in a position to handle and make more decisions with Cade being out. Last night, there was no discrimination. Everyone was giving the ball to the other team.
He has improved a lot and I really like him. I did not expect to this from him this year. 3rd on the team in AST per game.

His biggest weakness is when he tries to push it on a "fast-break" and the numbers are not there. He doesn't have the handles to finish it and it often becomes a turnover. He needs to recognize it and hold up for the team. These seem to come in groups. Several games without this happening, then he will do this a couple times in one game.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
One play summarized our TO problem. Had a 1on 4 break (not a 4 on 1) and Anderson (I think) dribbles right into the lane and turns it over. Just bone headed decisions that should be coachable. That play should be on a loop in film study. The team is talented, plays hard and unselfishly....just need to play smarter and the sky is the limit.

Mar 12, 2018
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Watching the games I always feel like AA & Walker can get a little too reckless at times. Although turnover numbers do not back that up for Walker.

It just seems like it often ends up being one of them trying to facilitate something on offense. Especially with Cunningham out & Likekele not attacking or being able to attack. It would definitely be nice to have another mid-range shooter develop. Too bad Keylan Boone can't shoot, he has the best size for it.

Sep 23, 2010
Yeah...what’s going on over there in Manhattan? Not too long ago they were in the elite 8
They are just bad. Last year, Bruce must have pushed them too far with an expected down year, and Diarra and a couple other of their best players left town. And they simply don't recruit well enough to fill the gaps. This freshmen class is supposed to be good one for them, but with the no sit out transfer rules, they are in trouble if they can't get some life into that program. Bruce has always worked in cycles and developed groups but this one has really hit rock bottom on the down cycle.

What's real interesting is people in Manhattan were almost upset when he made the elite 8 run and won the conference because they knew that meant more time with Bruce. K State fans don't particularly like him.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
They are just bad. Last year, Bruce must have pushed them too far with an expected down year, and Diarra and a couple other of their best players left town. And they simply don't recruit well enough to fill the gaps. This freshmen class is supposed to be good one for them, but with the no sit out transfer rules, they are in trouble if they can't get some life into that program. Bruce has always worked in cycles and developed groups but this one has really hit rock bottom on the down cycle.

What's real interesting is people in Manhattan were almost upset when he made the elite 8 run and won the conference because they knew that meant more time with Bruce. K State fans don't particularly like him.
He’s a really good coach and and average at best recruiter