Cowboys WIN against Oklahoma Sooners. Pokes 11-11, 4-6 in Conference. 4 straight Bedlam Wins. HCMB is 8-4 in Bedlam. TCU on TUESDAY

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
finally a game where we played up to our actual potential.
Rotations were good today. I think Kahlib is a player that needs PT to be effective. He's not going to show you a thing if he only gets 4 minutes a game, he has to settle in and get in the groove. I really like smith at the 4. Coach didn't rush substitutions let the guys with the hot hand play it out and FINALLY sat MAM.
Hopefully we can build off of this win and finish strong.

NinjaPoke

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
8 conference games left. 4-6. Wins against, UT, BU, OU, and TCU. Lost against UT, KU, KSU, TTU, ISU, and WVU.

Only finished series was against Texas and that was split 1-1. Still need to face TCU, BU, KU, TTU, ISU, and WVU.

Currently sitting at 6th place in conference standings (goons at 9th).

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
I agree with you. Curious about your thoughts as to how to use him better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As a couple of other said, change the lineup and get him and Boone in together. He’s not ready to be the centerpiece of an offense but he way too athletic not be a double digit guy on trash buckets and lobs alone.

And as I first posted, when he’s open 5 feet from the basket, feed him. And Boone, and Smith. Watch how often our bigs work to get open and we don’t even look. Or we wait until the defense has recovered and now they’re 10-12 feet away or no longer in a scoring position. Coach has got players. He’s got a lot of individual skill sets. Time to prepare for next year and start putting them together.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
We can only hope. 2 minutes is about what he should play every game
MAM has potential, but HCMB is going to have to coach him hard core and lay down the law when it is needed (like he did AA early his freshman year). Coach started today but most of MAM's issues should have long been addressed. If MAM can't see it's for his own good and hits the portal then so be it.

Sep 24, 2011
Kalib with 12 points in 17 minutes. Boynton cost us multiple wins by benching him. Who you choose to play and how many minutes matters. Bad coaching.

Jan 6, 2007
Jackson Hole, WY
MAM has potential, but HCMB is going to have to coach him hard core and lay down the law when it is needed (like he did AA early his freshman year). Coach started today but most of MAM's issues should have long been addressed. If MAM can't see it's for his own good and hits the portal then so be it.
I remember MAM contributing significantly during the second half of last year. Calmed down, played somewhat under control, dribbled less, rebounded and had a surprisingly decent 8-12’ jumper. WHERE DID THAT VERSION OF MAM GO???

Mar 27, 2008
Kalib with 12 points in 17 minutes. Boynton cost us multiple wins by benching him. Who you choose to play and how many minutes matters. Bad coaching.
I don't know. After that post game interview video today with Kalib, it makes me think there might be some things going on behind the scenes.

OkstateKerr

Federal Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
I remember MAM contributing significantly during the second half of last year. Calmed down, played somewhat under control, dribbled less, rebounded and had a surprisingly decent 8-12’ jumper. WHERE DID THAT VERSION OF MAM GO???
It was there early in the season. He looked under control and could handle the ball a little. He’s regressed have over the season.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Congrats to the coaching staff and team on the W! Big, big win to stop a losing streak. As much as I complain about the coaching, I need to give Boynton and staff kudos for that win today. They made adjustments, most notably increasing Kalib Boone’s minutes when it was clear it was a tough matchup for the goons.

Congrats coaches and team!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: