Cowgirl Basketball 2021-2022 Season

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Oh so close.....and yet........another L to add to the column. Good effort though!! Young group on the floor and they battled despite being down by 19 at one point. That 23-0 run they went on in the 1st quarter was the dagger.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
I mean Keys, Collins, and Notoa are sophomores, and James is a freshman. De Lapp is the only upperclassman that started...They're underclassmen, which makes them young....Is it an excuse, not necessarily....but it's a fact that's a young group. Playing 1 year of collegiate ball doesn't make you a seasoned veteran, much less mean you have significant experience lmao!!!....never has, and never will!! I have never seen anyone suggest playing a year of D1 equates to significant experience....If so, I'd like to meet them!!

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2005
Stillwater
I don't see a young team. They did fight in the 2nd half. Only 1 freshman played, and 1 soph that didn't get playing time last year. Everyone else has significant playing experience and isn't young, IMO.
Yeah, I didn’t see a young group on the floor either. James (freshman) and Udoumoh (sophomore) are the only ones who don’t have experience/aren’t upperclassmen.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2003
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
I mean Keys, Collins, and Notoa are sophomores, and James is a freshman. De Lapp is the only upperclassman that started...They're underclassmen, which makes them young....Is it an excuse, not necessarily....but it's a fact that's a young group. Playing 1 year of collegiate ball doesn't make you a seasoned veteran, much less mean you have significant experience lmao!!!....never has, and never will!!
Then we will just have to disagree. These players have 40+ games of experience. Every year we hear "this team is young". Experience is more important than age and these players have the experience.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Then we will just have to disagree. These players have 40+ games of experience. Every year we hear "this team is young". Experience is more important than age and these players have the experience.
I don't think we hear that every year, ..and we'll definitely agree to disagree. On average you're playing 30-35 games a season. Lauren Fields has played in 71 games, which IMO is significant experience. Some of these girls have experience...yes, but significant not even close. Some of these girls are either approaching 40, or slightly passed it. I mean how do you have significant experience when you're an underclassmen lmao!! Age is a pretty significant factor....

I don't know if you're a fan of football, but did you see the Cowboy defense this year? Why do you think they played as well as they did? Probably because you had a bunch of seniors and super seniors...you know 23-24 year olds who were mature and had "significant experience"!!! Guys who had 40+ career starts which is significant in football. This team doesn't have that kind of experience....Like it said is it an excuse, not necessarily especially when you miss a bunch of 2 footers, and can't make free throws to save your life. Not to mention you have a K-state team that starts 3 freshman, and they're getting it done, while our girls are not. But at the same time it's reality. You can hold a team accountable, while acknowledging the youth that was on the court today. If you don't want that's your choice...no biggie!!

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Fact is, they lost at home to the second to last team in the league. They shot 27 FTs to WVUs 12, and still lost.

They are very likely going to finish as the worst team in the league, and it may not be close.

Right now, getting Fields back is this team's only glimmer of hope.

Oct 24, 2005
Stillwater
When Lee checked out of the game with 2:37 left, she had 61 points...and OU had 61 points.

OU just got flat out embarrassed today. Now the Cowgirls get to face them in Norman, and OSU doesn’t have an Ayoka Lee.

Someone has to stay on Robertson and keep a hand in her face the whole game. That should be an understood thing at this point.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
This past week has been a rough one for the cowgirls. He passed away on Tuesday. He was 86 years old. Despite all that Bill made it to Baylor to coach the game as well as coach the WVU game.
https://twitter.com/OSUWBB/status/1485629648201465856?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Oct 26, 2003
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Oklahoma has no real post game as you can tell by Ayoka Lee putting up 61 against the Sooners. However, Liz Scott is already in double digits. Madi Williams is a guard/PF and is expectedly having a good game. Delapp and Collins with 2 fouls in the 1st quarter wasn't ideal. Amazing what a new coach has done for the Sooner program.

Feb 3, 2020
OKC
Oklahoma has no real post game as you can tell by Ayoka Lee putting up 61 against the Sooners. However, Liz Scott is already in double digits. Madi Williams is a guard/PF and is expectedly having a good game. Delapp and Collins with 2 fouls in the 1st quarter wasn't ideal. Amazing what a new coach has done for the Sooner program.
Yes, as much as it pains me for our program and girls... this current OSU staff may very well not beat them again, as harsh as that sounds. Regardless, I believe recruiting will favor OU in the near term, definitely for in-state girls.

That staff they've put together is pretty salty, full of energy and passionate about what they're doing. I haven't seen anyone comment so not sure if it has gone unnoticed or of little concern but they have a ex-OSU coach on staff that we would've done well to keep... a real class act.