Cowgirl softball in Big XII tournament

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
In danger of getting run ruled. With how good offenses have gotten they need to change the run rule. 7 runs in 2 innings is not out of the question.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Tough one to swallow, especially seeing it live. Give OU all the credit, they were the better team in the series last week, and they were better today. The game was over after the 3rd inning, after stranding runners two consecutive innings....can't do that against elite teams. Difference is OU fields it at a elite level, we don't. They hit at an elite level, we don't. We can pitch it at a elite level, they're above average. They have length in their hitting lineup from 1-9, while we have holes.

OSU is more than good enough to get to OKC....but not good enough to win the national title. Kenny is making tremendous strides, but we brought in transfers that haven't got it done at the plate this year, which is why our offense hasn't made that jump to top tier in the nation.

Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
Tough one to swallow, especially seeing it live. Give OU all the credit, they were the better team in the series last week, and they were better today. The game was over after the 3rd inning, after stranding runners two consecutive innings....can't do that against elite teams. Difference is OU fields it at a elite level, we don't. They hit at an elite level, we don't. We can pitch it at a elite level, they're above average. They have length in their hitting lineup from 1-9, while we have holes.

OSU is more than good enough to get to OKC....but not good enough to win the national title. Kenny is making tremendous strides, but we brought in transfers that haven't got it done at the plate this year, which is why our offense hasn't made that jump to top tier in the nation.

In one word....BRUTAL. It was hard to watch. I agree with everything you said.

Myself, I was disappointed in their body language. Lack of emotions and/or fatigue looked to have set in from the day before. It reminds me of my tournament team that had to battle thru the loser bracket to make the title game. Just completely drained. And again, getting the bases loaded in consecutive innings with nothing to show can be demoralizing. It wasn’t our best outing. We cannot do that against OU or anyone else that we are going to face in regionals and so on.

Feb 4, 2016
florida
The ladies just need to play someone not named oklahoma. I see us getting to the super and then anything can happen. Coach G has done exceptional work this season.We have improved every year under his guidance and to be a top 8 seed has exceeded my expectations. When that home run was pulled back yesterday I think the ladies were hit with the reality that this year was not going to be the season of the Cowgirl. Can't wait for next weekend for ladies to show the pride OSU has to offer. GO COWGIRLS

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
In one word....BRUTAL. It was hard to watch. I agree with everything you said.

Myself, I was disappointed in their body language. Lack of emotions and/or fatigue looked to have set in from the day before. It reminds me of my tournament team that had to battle thru the loser bracket to make the title game. Just completely drained. And again, getting the bases loaded in consecutive innings with nothing to show can be demoralizing. It wasn’t our best outing. We cannot do that against OU or anyone else that we are going to face in regionals and so on.
Body language was noticeable....OU punched first, and unlike the bedlam series last weekend, we didn't punch back and laid down yesterday, which was the most disappointing thing yesterday. Playing teams like an OU or a UCLA, the margin of error is extremely small. If they give you an opening, you better take it b/c likely they won't give you another. We did that last weekend. Those two teams are on another tier. We're on even par with everyone else in the country. Tops teams like bama, Florida, Washington, Arizona, Oregon, FSU we match up very and very little, if anything separates us from those teams I mentioned. Overall, I didn't think we played that well this weekend. Tonight, we should hopefully get a 6-8 seed...but I am worried about the committee putting Witchita State in our regional. If they pair us together, it could be problematic for the cowgirls.