COWGIRLS SOFTBALL: Regionals edition

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
Weather forecast looking good for the Thursday and Friday games according to weather dot com.

Thursday: High of 80, Low of 58. So the 8:30pm game I am guessing around 70 with the sun just setting.
Wind WSW at 9 mph predicted by weather dot com.

Friday: High of 87, Low of 67. So the 5pm game I am guessing around 80. South wind at 15 mph predicted by weather dot com.

Of course these predictions will probably change some as we get closer to Thursday.

sportsfan89

Territorial Marshal
Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
16 of the other 63 teams were on our schedule. 6 of them has made the Supers.

This has been a great weekend of college softball. Lots of great games. Had a few surprises as well.

I really enjoy watching our ladies play ball. Coach G has put together a competitive group that loves to play and have fun.
Ladies hit the ball hard today. Unfortunately most of them went directly to UNT fielders. Finally got a break with Elish home run that led to few more hard hits in spaces.

Defense was great except for Petty lost the ball in the sun. It happens and hopefully it doesn’t happen again. Maxwell was unbelievable tonight. 2 hits, 0 BB, 15 K...to most, that a dream performance. To her, it’s another day in the circle.

I want to give a shout-out to you all here on Orange Power.....it’s been a lot of fun seeing more people getting into softball.

Coming next weekend vs Clemson...we need to pack Cowgirl Stadium and let’s bring the rowdy.

Do not know who to talk to about the seatings but apparently some season ticket holders don’t mind dishing out the money which is a good thing...bad thing is that some of them just don’t show for the games. It’s very frustrating either going to the game or watch it on tv and see empty seats. I hope administration figure it out soon. 1,212 was in attendance today. The most in this weekend contests. Might have been a school record? Who knows but I like to know the accurate count instead of ticket purchase.

Let’s get ready for Thursday and go beat Clemson

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
16 of the other 63 teams were on our schedule. 6 of them has made the Supers.

This has been a great weekend of college softball. Lots of great games. Had a few surprises as well.

I really enjoy watching our ladies play ball. Coach G has put together a competitive group that loves to play and have fun.
Ladies hit the ball hard today. Unfortunately most of them went directly to UNT fielders. Finally got a break with Elish home run that led to few more hard hits in spaces.

Defense was great except for Petty lost the ball in the sun. It happens and hopefully it doesn’t happen again. Maxwell was unbelievable tonight. 2 hits, 0 BB, 15 K...to most, that a dream performance. To her, it’s another day in the circle.

I want to give a shout-out to you all here on Orange Power.....it’s been a lot of fun seeing more people getting into softball.

Coming next weekend vs Clemson...we need to pack Cowgirl Stadium and let’s bring the rowdy.

Do not know who to talk to about the seatings but apparently some season ticket holders don’t mind dishing out the money which is a good thing...bad thing is that some of them just don’t show for the games. It’s very frustrating either going to the game or watch it on tv and see empty seats. I hope administration figure it out soon. 1,212 was in attendance today. The most in this weekend contests. Might have been a school record? Who knows but I like to know the accurate count instead of ticket purchase.

Let’s get ready for Thursday and go beat Clemson
I love softball more and more each season. It's one of the few truly amateur sports still out there. OSU softball is as fun as it gets, and it seems like the team is finding its groove at the perfect time this year.

Fyi softball Instagram said it was the second biggest crowd in school history.

sportsfan89

Territorial Marshal
Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
I love softball more and more each season. It's one of the few truly amateur sports still out there. OSU softball is as fun as it gets, and it seems like the team is finding its groove at the perfect time this year.

Fyi softball Instagram said it was the second biggest crowd in school history.
Good to know… I didn’t know what the school record for attendance was. Hopefully this weekend series, we pack the house and break the record watching our Cowgirls win and advance to the Big Dance.

superpoke

Territorial Marshal
Jun 28, 2005
Orange Country USA
Coach Evans needs to be fired or retire for all that to happen. That said, Kenny will be tied to every high profile job just he was tied to the Arizona and Georgia job. He’s also turned down job offers including Texas before hiring mike white.
This has now happened. A&M announced this morning they aren’t renewing Evans’s contract.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
This has now happened. A&M announced this morning they aren’t renewing Evans’s contract.
Not surprising…I would expect them to throw a ton of money at him. His wife did play at Texas A&M so there’s that caveat. I expect them to make a serious run like Georgia and Arizona did last year.

Dec 17, 2011
Kenny G deserves so much $$$ for what he has done to our program. I don't see him leaving but he needs to become one of our highest paid coaches here. He has turned our program from a bottom feeder to a power house.

Sep 29, 2006
Kenny G deserves so much $$$ for what he has done to our program. I don't see him leaving but he needs to become one of our highest paid coaches here. He has turned our program from a bottom feeder to a power house.
Could not agree more. He is by far the best coach on campus. Softball is becoming a revenue sport and with the new B12 on the horizon, KG can be dominate and support himself given a new stadium.

https://www.softballamerica.com/stories/ncaa-softball-is-now-a-revenue-sport/

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
We need to get a plan in place to keep him here. Raise and a new stadium in 3-5 yrs(sooner the better).
He was given a raise after turning down Texas. I’m sure he’s due for another one. The need for a new stadium is real. He wants a mini O’brate type stadium for softball. So far, the new administration priority is taking care for football, which I get it…football pays the bills.

Simply need to find a donor, which was mike holder’s specialty. We’ll see how good Weiberg is at fundraising. All I know is Kenny loves Stillwater. He’s heavily involved in the community especially youth softball. If he should leave, it won’t be due to the school or the community.

sportsfan89

Territorial Marshal
Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
He was given a raise after turning down Texas. I’m sure he’s due for another one. The need for a new stadium is real. He wants a mini O’brate type stadium for softball. So far, the new administration priority is taking care for football, which I get it…football pays the bills.

Simply need to find a donor, which was mike holder’s specialty. We’ll see how good Weiberg is at fundraising. All I know is Kenny loves Stillwater. He’s heavily involved in the community especially youth softball. If he should leave, it won’t be due to the school or the community.
Honestly, I would love to see a mini size O’Brate that holds 3500-4000 capacity maybe little more. Makes me think of the movie Field of Dreams…..if they build it, Cowboy fans will come.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Honestly, I would love to see a mini size O’Brate that holds 3500-4000 capacity maybe little more. Makes me think of the movie Field of Dreams…..if they build it, Cowboy fans will come.
i hope it gets done. A&M has the best stadium in the country IMO, and has the resources with the right coach to become a premier program. They also have the money to throw around that very few can match.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2011
When we get a new stadium we need to keep the outfield how it is. No seats, standing only, those fans out there make the experience so much better. It compliments the culture that Kenny G built.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
I haven’t read all 500+ posts in this thread, so sorry if it’s already been mentioned. I noticed a few things today.

First, every Big XII team in the field won their regional. OU, Texas, and OSU. Can’t believe the Big XII only got 3 teams in.

If the Cowgirls can take down Clemson, there will only be one other national seed on their side of the WCWS bracket. 2 FSU, 15 Mizzou, 6 Alabama, and 11 Tennessee all lost. Leaving 7 OSU, 10 Clemson, 3 Virginia Tech, and 14 Florida. The other side is guaranteed to have 3 and could have all 4 national seeds if 4 Arkansas beats Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Supers Predictions

OU takes UCF 2-1
ASU takes Northwestern 2-1
Duke takes UCLA 2-1
Arkansas takes Texas2-1
Florida takes Virginia Tech 2-1
Oregon State takes Stanford 2-0
Oklahoma St takes Clemson 2-0
Miss State takes Arizona 2-1