Critical race theory in Idaho

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Is that not the implied tenet of critical race theory? If not, why is it called 'race' theory?

EDIT: I'll even do you a favor. From Wikipedia:

CRT is loosely unified by two common themes:

So yeah, I feel pretty comfortable saying that CRT implies white people are racists.
And bad?

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
That is what he wrote where I quoted. "Racist and bad" is what is being taught.
Ah, I understand.

And yes... I think being a racist is a bad thing. I think most people would agree with that, lol. Not sure what your point is here.

But even beyond all this, it's a complete crap theory. It relies almost completely on experience and anecdotal evidence - two things which are the worst data points you can have. Its pseudoscience at best. Again, straight from the wikipedia article: "CRT scholars question foundational liberal concepts such as Enlightenment rationality"

Dude, this is a dangerous f**king path with no end. We need to get off it.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Ah, I understand.

And yes... I think being a racist is a bad thing. I think most people would agree with that, lol. Not sure what your point is here.

But even beyond all this, it's a complete crap theory. It relies almost completely on experience and anecdotal evidence - two things which are the worst data points you can have. Its pseudoscience at best. Again, straight from the wikipedia article: "CRT scholars question foundational liberal concepts such as Enlightenment rationality"

Dude, this is a dangerous f**king path with no end. We need to get off it.
OK, forget someone else's theory that I know little about and you hate and just talk with me.

Sure, racism is obviously a bad thing and in utopia it would simply not exist. But back here in non-utopia does that mean that all people that have done racist actions are bad people?

Sep 3, 2010
OK, forget someone else's theory that I know little about and you hate and just talk with me.

Sure, racism is obviously a bad thing and in utopia it would simply not exist. But back here in non-utopia does that mean that all people that have done racist actions are bad people?
Ok, I'm not THAT smart. I'm going to lunch.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Those who think in racial terms and derive a form of power by division of the races on all sides of politics, ironically, are the perps of racial division of a nation. The best racial healing we personally can do is to be kind and forgiving to everyone no matter the color of their skin, politics, beliefs or otherwise. “Privilege” is an overused term devised to make one race feel bad, it causes mostly division by its overuse as a tool of judgement by one side on the another. This, when we simply should be attempting to give everyone “privilege” by our own personal actions. It’s easy to see that race is being used to divide us rather than unite us...we can disagree on who, how, and why, but it’s obviously being wielded as an effective tool for political purposes...think back to when the first major riots of the past two decades happened and determine if they were organic or organized. The height of outrage politics in our culture is the enemy of us all. Peace will come when we see this and dismiss those who stoke outrage.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Then why are BLM and others allowed to teach that whites are inherently racist and bad? Because that's what critical race theory does.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
For the same reason that conservatives are allowed to teach that black people are inherently murderers and bad. Because that is what the "who kills the most black men" theory does.
That's not a theory. Fact is that most blacks die at the hands of other blacks when killed by a person. And that's not saying ALL.
CRT teaches that ALL whites are inherently bad by their skin color.

Last edited:

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
That's not a theory. Fact is that most blacks die at the hands of other blacks. And that's not saying ALL.

No, it doesn't. That is your incorrect interpretation.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
That's not a theory. Fact is that most blacks die at the hands of other blacks. And that's not saying ALL.

So, what you are teaching with your "fact" is that black people are inherently killers more than white people. While there are some black people who are not, the fact is paraded around to state that they are inherently apt to kill more than white people are. That is why I call your fact a theory.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

No, it doesn't. That is your incorrect interpretation.
Excuse me. It says that whites have privilege and hold power, and that because of that they are inherently racist and blacks can't be racist because they don't hold power over whites.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Excuse me. It says that whites have privilege and hold power, and that because of that they are inherently racist and blacks can't be racist because they don't hold power over whites.

this is what they say. They don't think whites are inherently racists. CRT teaches that whites built a system under which they had advantages by applying disadvantages to other races and the system they built is racist

Critical race theorists such as Cheryl Harris[57] and George Lipsitz[58] have said that "whiteness" has historically been treated more as a form of property than as a racial characteristic: in other words, as an object which has intrinsic value that must be protected by social and legal institutions. Laws and mores concerning race (from apartheid and Jim Crow constructions that legally separate different races to social prejudices against interracial relationships or mixed communities) serve the purpose of retaining certain advantages and privileges for whites. Because of this, academic and societal ideas about race have tended to focus solely on the disadvantages suffered by racial minorities, overlooking the advantageous effects that accrue to whites.[59]

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ

That's a much larger question - I'm not sure I follow your point.

And that aside, I'm not sure I agree with you: we can eliminate racism without living in a utopia. Racism is a relatively new thing; it doesn't have to be endemic. We created racism, we can destroy it.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

So, what you are teaching with your "fact" is that black people are inherently killers more than white people. While there are some black people who are not, the fact is paraded around to state that they are inherently apt to kill more than white people are. That is why I call your fact a theory.
So you would say that, blacks kill other blacks in larger numbers than whites kill blacks, is untrue. Am I correct in understanding your position?