D. Williams Trial Thread (Merged)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
no such thing as fair and speed trial anymore lol. In fairness, William's defense team has requested about 3 delays on the this trial. So it's not the judicial system's fault.

BeatOU

--- ... ..-
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 6, 2008
Alpha Quadrant
www.twitter.com
Strange scene early: I walked into the courtroom just before 9 a.m., saw Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder sitting front row and assumed he was there to support Williams. But when the judge asked any prospective jurors to raise their hand in oath, up went Holder. In a crazy and unlikely scenario, with one of his athletes up for trial, Holder was selected as part of the jury pool. He was never called up for questioning and it looks like he sorted the situation out during a recess and has been dismissed from duty. But still, what a strange occurrence.

http://blog.newsok.com/osu/2012/07/...-impressions-from-the-darrell-williams-trial/

CowboyVenus

An orange light stuck in the crimson darkness
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2010
Norman, OK
Strange scene early: I walked into the courtroom just before 9 a.m., saw Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder sitting front row and assumed he was there to support Williams. But when the judge asked any prospective jurors to raise their hand in oath, up went Holder. In a crazy and unlikely scenario, with one of his athletes up for trial, Holder was selected as part of the jury pool. He was never called up for questioning and it looks like he sorted the situation out during a recess and has been dismissed from duty. But still, what a strange occurrence.

http://blog.newsok.com/osu/2012/07/...-impressions-from-the-darrell-williams-trial/
Someone had to be wanting to play a joke. The odds of this happening is ridiculous.

Jan 7, 2012
looks like he's been dismissed as a juror. but how weird would this be?

"-Strange scene early: I walked into the courtroom just before 9 a.m., saw Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder sitting front row and assumed he was there to support Williams. But when the judge asked any prospective jurors to raise their hand in oath, up went Holder. In a crazy and unlikely scenario, with one of his athletes up for trial, Holder was selected as part of the jury pool. He was never called up for questioning and it looks like he sorted the situation out during a recess and has been dismissed from duty. But still, what a strange occurrence."

OStateMan

Banned
Banned
Feb 4, 2004
Vail, Colorado
This may have been posted before, but I'm not going to go looking for it.

What are Darrell Williams chances of wearing orange on Eddie Sutton court if he is acquited?

Personally, I'd love to see him playing again AND acquited, but believe in the justice system to find the truth.

So many young men screw up (luckily I was NEVER caught) at this age partying in college.

At least he's not Sandusky.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008

What are Darrell Williams chances of wearing orange on Eddie Sutton court if he is acquited?

Personally, I'd love to see him playing again AND acquited, but believe in the justice system to find the truth.

So many young men screw up (luckily I was NEVER caught) at this age partying in college.

I think he has a good chance of playing. However, I would say not being as bad as Sandusky is kind of a stupid saying because he committed probably the most heinous crime in sports history. Its kind of like saying its not like he is Ted Bundy...either way if he did any of the alleged actions purported then it is not good nor a good reflection on OSU.

Dec 21, 2011

We will see him in orange in one way or the other I guess.... badum tss!

Mar 25, 2010
Tulsa
It would seem that the prosecuter is basing her case on circumstantial evidense.
Seems like mostly direct to me. A witness that said she saw Darrell put his hands down her friends pants is direct as is a witness saying he put his hands down my pants. Circumstantial is more of the defense. There were no clothes ripped, there were no doctors visits, there were no scratches or injuries. This leads to the conclusion that nothing happened, but isn't directly saying nothing happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.