Deadlam 2022

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
2002 was a good upset. After that we beat OU teams that we were just better than. There are much much bigger victories in that time span that did matter and you are ignorantly overlooking them.
Uh huh, ok state and meaningful victories dont typically go hand in hand. There have been very few instances, outside of playing OU, where they were playing for something meaningful, and won. A bowl game isnt very meaningful anymore, especially with opt outs, you aren't playing for anything as a win or loss changes nothing other than making your fans feel good and having a nice feeling during the off season.

A playoff game, yes. A conference title game, yes. I'd even say a game whose victory propels you to the conference championship game being meaningful. Beating baylor last year would likely have been the most meaningful victory since gundy came to campus in the 80s. maybe you could say a victory over a top 10 team during the regulars season is meaningful, if your team was in a position for that victory to elevate their standing. it's not a big win if your team sucks.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
Pretty sure you called the victim a "hood rat".

I mean, without putting words in your mouth.
It may have been me. She did come off like a hood rat. but it may have been him. I was the one who said she got what she had coming though. WHAM BAM! You don't mess with slammin' joe.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
Yes, but the point is to dispute the notion that OU doesnt try to schedule quality OOC games.
They haven't in a while. But that wasn't the point. The point was that OSU does and has - much tougher than OU in recent years, and we still are winning those games.
You tried to change the subject to the future, though you conveniently left off this year's embarrassing schedule. It's a good thing too. Since OU is in rebuilding mode you have 3 pushover opponents to make you feel all warm and fuzzy before you actually play somebody.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
They haven't in a while. But that wasn't the point. The point was that OSU does and has - much tougher than OU in recent years, and we still are winning those games.
You tried to change the subject to the future, though you conveniently left off this year's embarrassing schedule. It's a good thing too. Since OU is in rebuilding mode you have 3 pushover opponents to make you feel all warm and fuzzy before you actually play somebody.
No, i'm pretty sure your point was
Your chickenshit athletic department schedules the worst bottomfeeders of second tier conferences
Which I showed you is wrong. which is why you are now back peddling, changing it.

They haven't in a while
Wrong.

I also showed you that they have recently. they had ohio state just as recently as 2016 and 2017. and lsu was on the schedule in 2018 and 2019 with nebraska in 2021 and 22. but lsu backed out and they had to scramble to fill the space. Their ooc scheduling remains very ambitious. All three of those teams were ranked and very good teams when they were scheduled to play OU.

It's not OU's fault that when this series was scheduled, nebby was a perennial 10 win team, and now they suck.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Uh huh, ok state and meaningful victories dont typically go hand in hand. There have been very few instances, outside of playing OU, where they were playing for something meaningful, and won. A bowl game isnt very meaningful anymore, especially with opt outs, you aren't playing for anything as a win or loss changes nothing other than making your fans feel good and having a nice feeling during the off season.

A playoff game, yes. A conference title game, yes. I'd even say a game whose victory propels you to the conference championship game being meaningful. Beating baylor last year would likely have been the most meaningful victory since gundy came to campus in the 80s. maybe you could say a victory over a top 10 team during the regulars season is meaningful, if your team was in a position for that victory to elevate their standing. it's not a big win if your team sucks.
That’s a lengthy opinion.