Depth Chart released

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
The biggest surprise I see is Malcolm Rodriguez over Calvin Bundage at linebacker. I didn't know that Rodriguez had been moved from safety. I wonder if he bulked up, or if the coaches felt like they had to move him to fill a hole.

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
The biggest surprise I see is Malcolm Rodriguez over Calvin Bundage at linebacker. I didn't know that Rodriguez had been moved from safety. I wonder if he bulked up, or if the coaches felt like they had to move him to fill a hole.
He’s not in shape. Him and Harper sat out all summer because of injuries. He just got cleared to practice. If he’s not himself this year.. I wonder if they consider redshirting him?

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
I like how they moved Bryce Bray to guard. He’s gonna be a very good tackle for OSU one day. This position move puts our 5 best players starting on the line though. Murray beating out Antwine by the end of fall camp might be shocking to some.

Oct 30, 2007
He’s not in shape. Him and Harper sat out all summer because of injuries. He just got cleared to practice. If he’s not himself this year.. I wonder if they consider redshirting him?
That makes sense. I lose track of injuries over the offseason. Rodriguez is still listed as a safety on the roster. Maybe this is a temporary move until they get healthy.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
I like how they moved Bryce Bray to guard. He’s gonna be a very good tackle for OSU one day. This position move puts our 5 best players starting on the line though. Murray beating out Antwine by the end of fall camp might be shocking to some.
Yep good move on Bryce Bray! Great job coaches. Getting best players on the field. I feel pretty good about DL now that Murray and Brendon Evers at DT. With Juco guy and Israel Antwine behind them. I like it.

Nov 6, 2010
Yea, I think that's a good sign though. Also noticed Jernigan listed at DE??

Nov 6, 2010
That makes sense. I lose track of injuries over the offseason. Rodriguez is still listed as a safety on the roster. Maybe this is a temporary move until they get healthy.
I remember Knowles said they were looking at doing some things to get him closer to the line of scrimmage due to his tackling ability. That definitely qualifies.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
I remember Knowles said they were looking at doing some things to get him closer to the line of scrimmage due to his tackling ability. That definitely qualifies.
I think it definitely says something about the confidence they have in Tre Sterling to take Rodriguez’s spot so that he could spin down to LB.

They could have just as easily put Kevin Henry at OLB like they did late last year but it appears Sterling is doing well enough that they could make this move.

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
This depth chart revealed why Knowles was more worried about Linebacker than D line. I doubt we see much production this year if any from Harper and Bundage. Both had severe underplayed injuries in the spring plus they didn’t do much over the summer, which is why Farrar & Dizadare got reps even this fall. Bundage just recently got cleared to even practice so I doubt he’s 100.
Harper is still out and not even on the depth chart. Both are really good fast players with experience. I say play Bundage in the first four games see how he is and if he’s not gonna give OSU much maybe consider a redshirt. No matter what OSU might have some depth issues if the starters don’t go injury free this year.

Nov 6, 2010
I think it definitely says something about the confidence they have in Tre Sterling to take Rodriguez’s spot so that he could spin down to LB.

They could have just as easily put Kevin Henry at OLB like they did late last year but it appears Sterling is doing well enough that they could make this move.
Certainly looks like we're gearing this D to get as much speed on the field as possible. I bet Brock Martin plays standing up most of the time, so he'll in effect be the OLB and give us a 3-2-6 look as our base. And I bet we'll see Bundage come in for him on 3rd down for pass rushing if he's ready for a few plays but not necessarily ready for full time reps. Makes me wonder how they'll get Scott on the field enough though if that's the case.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Or maybe he just won't jump off sides?

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
Certainly looks like we're gearing this D to get as much speed on the field as possible. I bet Brock Martin plays standing up most of the time, so he'll in effect be the OLB and give us a 3-2-6 look as our base. And I bet we'll see Bundage come in for him on 3rd down for pass rushing if he's ready for a few plays but not necessarily ready for full time reps. Makes me wonder how they'll get Scott on the field enough though if that's the case.
Maybe bring Scott on in obvious passing situations because he is pretty much solely a pass rusher. Move Bundage to MLB and keep Rodriguez at OLB in that situation.

That obviously makes for a very light middle defense (in case a team decides to gamble and calls a run play) but overall, I think it could work.

Jan 14, 2006
I noticed we are listing 2 groups of cowboy backs (but only 3 players) and 1 group of inside reciever (also 3 players).
It makes me curious if that indicates more 2te or te/fb sets and less 4 wide or not. I'm sure we'll see both but I don't think I've seen us organize the chart like that before.

Aug 16, 2019
Edmond, Oklahoma
I think you will see a lot of Dizadare this year. Maybe not as much as you saw Peel last year at safety but this young guy has lots of speed and will strike you on the field according to a couple of folks who have seen him in preseason.