Derek Chauvin verdict

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
No, her boyfriend shot and then pushed her in front of him and then ran back down the hall. And they announced themselves counter to the no knock. They knocked and announced and had neighbors sucking they're heads out trying to find out what was happening.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
How do you know? The officers had their body cams off and the only witness who could verify the events was deemed unreliable.

That being said, the actions of officers that night got them fired and resulted in criminal charges. Plus the city had to give her family a large settlement. That doesn't look like the cops were acting by the book.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
No, her boyfriend shot and then pushed her in front of him and then ran back down the hall. And they announced themselves counter to the no knock. They knocked and announced and had neighbors sucking they're heads out trying to find out what was happening.

Racially motivated lies.
Umm nope not lies. And this has nothing to do with race. Don't care what color they are.
The fact that she got shot and killed and not the boyfriend proves he used her as a shield. Any guy that uses a female as a shield, is scum.
Neighbors said they heard the knocking and announcing and looked out their windows to check on the noise and were told by the cops to get back inside.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Umm nope not lies. And this has nothing to do with race. Don't care what color they are.
The fact that she got shot and killed and not the boyfriend proves he used her as a shield. Any guy that uses a female as a shield, is scum.
Neighbors said they heard the knocking and announcing and looked out their windows to check on the nose and were told by the cops to get back inside.

Scummy is talk about a man who recently lost a loved one with that nonsense as "evidence."
More than 30 shots fired by multiple people. One of those even prosecuted for "wanton firing without a threat in site" and many fired blindly. And you are going to claim that her death in this random barrage of gunfire somehow proves that her boyfriend used her as a shield? That has to be the poorest attempt at "logic" to cover your feelings about him that I have ever heard.

And, as far as the neighbors thing, quit reading BS websites that are far-right nonsense to get your news. The facts of this case are not the crap you are spewing. If so, he would be in jail, not charges dropped. The cops messed this up. Should not have even happened and was poorly done.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
And, as far as the neighbors thing, quit reading BS websites that are far-right nonsense to get your news. The facts of this case are not the crap you are spewing. If so, he would be in jail, not charges dropped. The cops messed this up. Should not have even happened and was poorly done.

Walker told investigators he heard banging at the door and assumed it was Taylor's ex-boyfriend, Jamarcus Glover. Taylor, who had awoken, shouted, "Who is it?" but Walker said there was no response.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/23/us/breonna-taylor-case-people/index.html

Mar 11, 2006
Okay, so she had a knife. She was moving away and had her back turned to the officer. Exactly how was she a threat to him?
Are you serious?
Her back was to the officer because she was swinging a knife at the girl in pink. You really think the officer should not use force to save the life of another person?

Sep 22, 2011
Okay, so she had a knife. She was moving away and had her back turned to the officer. Exactly how was she a threat to him?
She only missed the first girl because she fell to the ground, the girl in pink was about to be stabbed, the girl with the knife was winding up for the stab when she was shot. Good shoot, 100% saved that girls life.

Mar 11, 2006
@RxCowboy - even Don Lemon thinks the officer shooting the girl with the knife was justified.
Step back and get some perspective —— If the girl in pink was your daughter — what would you want the officer to do?

https://twitter.com/willchamberlain/status/1385066870215266304?s=21

Mar 11, 2006
13 year old girl stabbed to death by another 13 year old girl...

https://news.yahoo.com/cincinnati-13-old-accused-killing-215721433.html
This is a sad indictment of the media world we live it. The name of the knife-wielding girl is made into a hashtag and some view her as a martyr. But few will know the name of the girl who died from the knife violence.

Our media has its eyes on the wrong problem. In Chicago alone, 46 times more people were shot and killed in 2020 compared to police shooting an unarmed person in the entire nation.

This shouldn’t be a political issue. If we want to save lives, we should focus on the MUCH larger problem instead of allowing political groups to divide us.

Last edited:

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
can't help but think that a Taser or a few rubber bullets may have saved this girls life
I understand the point you are making but it's a double edged sword. Flip that around. If the officers had arrived while the initial attack was still going on and tried non lethal means to stop it, and failed, resulting in the victim being killed by the attackers, all of a sudden you have people asking why lethal force wasn't used to save the victims life.

Oct 30, 2007
Check out this photo, because it tells the story. As I posted earlier in this thread, police officers are authorized to use lethal force if they believe that someone poses a significant threat of serious bodily injury or death to themselves or others. It's pretty clear that she posed a significant threat to the person she was preparing to stab.

1619097130717.png

Sep 3, 2010
Are you serious?
Her back was to the officer because she was swinging a knife at the girl in pink. You really think the officer should not use force to save the life of another person?
Have we considered arming the police with banana peels that they could throw out in front of knife wielding criminals?

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
I got a red x from @CowboyJD so I am going to reconsider this. As I said, I had a hard time seeing the grainy video on my phone.
The reason for the 'X's is the 21 foot "rule". From within 21feet a knife is considered as lethal as a pistol. I can assure you the edge weapon in hand vs a pistol in a holster is at the very least equally deadly. Check with about any LEO (or ex-military so trained) and they will confirm.