Dez Bryant: Just the facts... HOF?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Celldweller7

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jul 17, 2004
A very specific place
Good article, people always forget that receivers take two or 3 years before they can really hit their stride in the NFL. It is the opposite of the running back position which, for whatever reason, seems to allow for a faster adjustment.

CoreyfreakinlovesOSU

BOOMSHAKALAKA
A/V Subscriber
Sep 10, 2008
Houston
FWIW, Mo Claiborne mentioned the leaders on the team seemed to be Romo, DWare, and.. yep, DEZ. Lots of folks have been praising the hard work he's putting in and the discipline he has shown this offseason.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Good article, people always forget that receivers take two or 3 years before they can really hit their stride in the NFL. It is the opposite of the running back position which, for whatever reason, seems to allow for a faster adjustment.
That and running backs burn out so fast.

Dec 26, 2011
Stillwater
Hopefully this negative criticism motivates him to work even harder. Dez could be the best receiver in the NFL. I might be the minority, but Dez was a lot better than Blackmon in all areas except maybe route running.

Poke4Real

Territorial Marshal
Sep 12, 2006
Third Coast
I've sometimes wondered what kinds of numbers we could have put up if we were running our current system back when we still had Dez.

Of course, we still had Robinson at QB...love the guy, but he's no Weeden.

I'm gonna try to snatch up Dez in fantasy this season. I think he's in for a big year.

Anaranjado

It is Stillwater, not Stilly.
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2011
Denver, CO
I've sometimes wondered what kinds of numbers we could have put up if we were running our current system back when we still had Dez.

Of course, we still had Robinson at QB...love the guy, but he's no Weeden.

I'm gonna try to snatch up Dez in fantasy this season. I think he's in for a big year.
dez bryant's rookie season, before he played a down in the nfl.... he went 8th overall in our fantasy league lol.

PokesPeak

scentless apprentice
Aug 21, 2009
OKC
dez bryant's rookie season, before he played a down in the nfl.... he went 8th overall in our fantasy league lol.
i've overdrafted him both years. can't wait til my FFB team looks like this:

QB - weeden
RB - hunter
WR - blackmon
WR - bryant
TE - pettigrew
PK - bailey

Anaranjado

It is Stillwater, not Stilly.
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2011
Denver, CO
i've overdrafted him both years. can't wait til my FFB team looks like this:

QB - weeden
RB - hunter
WR - blackmon
WR - bryant
TE - pettigrew
PK - bailey
no joke. it's going to be difficult for me since everyone i play with is an osu fan, but i'll try. i'm not proud of this, but i sometimes use osuplayers as trade bait knowing that my whole league over values them.