DMN -- No one is picking OSU to win versus Texas

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 20, 2010
South Tulsa
It will be interesting to see what we do when they bracket Wallace with a corner and a safety. And if they don’t do that, we’ll smoke them with plenty of Wallace bombs.

Assuming they do bracket him, I think we’ll see some play action bombs sent the other way to McCray/Moore. Suck in the run support safety, look Wallace’s way to solidify the bracket, then throw the other way to the 6’6” monsters.
Do you mean the “X” receivers that had zero catches against TU last Saturday? Did the even suit up?

Dec 20, 2010
South Tulsa
Yes. Those ones. McCray had a few targets actually. One was a deep ball that should have been a defensive PI.
If they aren’t less invisible this game, then we stand no chance in Austin. Texas will
bracket Wallace and jam the box to stop the slots and Chuba. Saturday is all on Sanders and the X receivers.

Sep 22, 2018
Austin
You didn’t hear? Ellinger is playing both sides of the ball tomorrow. He’ll probably sack Sanders a few times before making a pick 6 later in the game. He’ll also be kicking XPs, punting, returning KOs and punts, while coaching the whole team and each unit.

To top it off, he’ll be providing halftime entertainment as he performs the best of Aaron Copland as a one man band while baton twirling in a sequin leotard.

Sanders doesn’t stand a chance.
No the band playing outside of the stadium is Gin Blossoms. Jesus if we havent heard those two songs they had enough for a lifetime. All the weeks prior, and to come,
they have some pretty great acts, but of course the only game I ever get to is Gin Blossoms

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
If they aren’t less invisible this game, then we stand no chance in Austin. Texas will
bracket Wallace and jam the box to stop the slots and Chuba. Saturday is all on Sanders and the X receivers.
Tyron Johnson had a single reception for 6 whole yards at the X last year when we beat them.

I think you’re over exaggerating just a touch.

Last edited:

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
This morning, one of the analysts flat out said "well if Texas losses they just aren't as good as they thought they were."

It's never "OSU is really good" its always "Texas isn't back." Can't be both.

College football sucks

Nov 6, 2010
This morning, one of the analysts flat out said "well if Texas losses they just aren't as good as they thought they were."

College football sucks
They were talking us up pretty good on Gameday this morning. Talked about the streak and how Gundy owns DKR statium, lol. Barely mentioned Texas.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

College football sucks
2 of the 6 guys at USA Today picked OSU to win. 2 of the 6 guys at CBS sports picked OSU to win. Sporting News has OSU over Texas as one of 3 Upset Alerts. Just heard the ESPN radio segment where one of the 2 guys picked OSU to win.

I get the need for outrage & chip on the shoulder material, but maybe read/listen/watch different sources?

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO

College football sucks
We will never get credit for beating a good team until we win a NC.
It sickens me too to watch the network sports trip over themselves to actively promote the old storied programs (Michigan, ND, USC, UT, etc) year in and year out.

It doth please me so when those aforementioned teams get their arses handed to them by UCF, Wisconsin, OSU and Wazzoo.

Michigan is getting exposed AGAIN as a fraud perpetuated by the networks and powers that be. Love it. Now, later in the day we need to expose the Texas Longhorns.
Then in a few weeks, Texas can expose ou again.

Nov 27, 2005
Texas always get the benefit of the doubt and we never get the respect we deserve. Plus Texas is ranked and we are not. Also, we are playing away and they are playing at home. Not at all surprised nobody is picking us to win.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
We will never get credit for beating a good team until we win a NC.
It sickens me too to watch the network sports trip over themselves to actively promote the old storied programs (Michigan, ND, USC, UT, etc) year in and year out.

It doth please me so when those aforementioned teams get their arses handed to them by UCF, Wisconsin, OSU and Wazzoo.

Michigan is getting exposed AGAIN as a fraud perpetuated by the networks and powers that be. Love it. Now, later in the day we need to expose the Texas Longhorns.
Then in a few weeks, Texas can expose ou again.
Problem is with a subjective system to put teams in the playoffs we aren't even going to sniff a chance at a Natty.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I still like the marble game.

http://thenemindex.blogspot.com/2019/09/iowahawkblogs-marble-game-through-week-3.html?m=1

Everybody starts on equal footing and it goes from there and at this point before this week we're at number 11 and Texas is 45th. So I kind of think we're really a little bit better than everybody wants to say we are and they're a little bit worse than everybody wants to say they are.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Dec 20, 2015
SW OKLA
2 of the 6 guys at USA Today picked OSU to win. 2 of the 6 guys at CBS sports picked OSU to win. Sporting News has OSU over Texas as one of 3 Upset Alerts. Just heard the ESPN radio segment where one of the 2 guys picked OSU to win.

I get the need for outrage & chip on the shoulder material, but maybe read/listen/watch different sources?
CTeam just likes to piss and moan. He has little brother syndrome.