DNC has truly become a parody of itself

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
Record inflation, potential recession …and this guy cheers on being generous with other peoples money.

https://twitter.com/repadamschiff/status/1558207396266262531?s=21&t=_eNUyYlzNtMpgaQlmyR_7w

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Well it's official, discrimination based on skin color is again becoming socially (not legally) acceptable in some institutions. I've seen it first hand for years, but it was always quiet and lied about. In the latest installment of 2 wrongs make a right I give you overt racism on proud display by the Minneapolis Federation of Teachers union.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/w...-minneapolis-agreement/ar-AA10HeuS?li=BBnbcA1

White teachers must be laid off or reassigned first before “educators of color” under the terms of a Minneapolis teachers union contract between the Minneapolis Federation of Teachers union and the school district.

It's getting to the point where we're going to need to keep these on hand in staffing meetings:

1660743177128.png

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2006
Well it's official, discrimination based on skin color is again becoming socially (not legally) acceptable in some institutions. I've seen it first hand for years, but it was always quiet and lied about. In the latest installment of 2 wrongs make a right I give you overt racism on proud display by the Minneapolis Federation of Teachers union.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/w...-minneapolis-agreement/ar-AA10HeuS?li=BBnbcA1

White teachers must be laid off or reassigned first before “educators of color” under the terms of a Minneapolis teachers union contract between the Minneapolis Federation of Teachers union and the school district.

It's getting to the point where we're going to need to keep these on hand in staffing meetings:

View attachment 96864
This is wrong on a couple of different levels. 1) Seniority should not be the main reason to keep teachers. It should be based on merit, skill, and quality of the teacher. 2) Race should never play a part of determining which teachers are laid-off and which teachers are hired. That is simply racism. 3) The head of the Minneapolis Federation of Teachers is a Ilan Omar supporter and appeared with her at a Omar campaign rally along with other members of The Squad.

It will be interesting to see if this topic/story gets much play in the media. My guess is Republicans will try to play this up as it illustrates the extreme side of progressives -- , but the story will not get much traction in the media.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!

View attachment 96864
sounds like they need a new Union .

You join a Union, Pay dues, and agree to their terms for your employment, and then they go and do this too you .

I'm not sure how this would considered "socially" acceptable as it is a Union that people pay to be members of instituting this own practice on their own members. ...thats not necessarily "Society" as a whole.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
This is wrong on a couple of different levels. 1) Seniority should not be the main reason to keep teachers. It should be based on merit, skill, and quality of the teacher. 2) Race should never play a part of determining which teachers are laid-off and which teachers are hired. That is simply racism. 3) The head of the Minneapolis Federation of Teachers is a Ilan Omar supporter and appeared with her at a Omar campaign rally along with other members of The Squad.

It will be interesting to see if this topic/story gets much play in the media. My guess is Republicans will try to play this up as it illustrates the extreme side of progressives -- , but the story will not get much traction in the media.
This was in the news last year, and yes, got very little play.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
sounds like they need a new Union .

You join a Union, Pay dues, and agree to their terms for your employment, and then they go and do this too you .

I'm not sure how this would considered "socially" acceptable as it is a Union that people pay to be members of instituting this own practice on their own members. ...thats not necessarily "Society" as a whole.
That's why I said "in some institutions " meaning this union. I guess we'll see how the locals in Minneapolis react to it. Enough backlash and they may revisit this policy.

I was forced to join a union once if I wanted the job, that was part of the deal. I never for a second felt they represented my best interest.

The good news, or bad news depending on your perspective, about the union I was in, the best employee and the worst employee got the same raise.

Last edited:

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005

While I agree in principle with you I'll say teaching isn't as easily quantifiable as some professions.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Yeah, I don't see Young Dem's rallying Behind Biden. He served his purpose of "Not Trump" well and its time to move on
Time for Gen X or Millenial president.

Before anyone jumps on that, older millennial are in their 40s. Gen X will be near 60 at the upper end when the next election happens. Also, there's a definite divide between older and younger millenials (coming from an older millenial)

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
Time for Gen X or Millenial president.

Before anyone jumps on that, older millennial are in their 40s. Gen X will be near 60 at the upper end when the next election happens. Also, there's a definite divide between older and younger millenials (coming from an older millenial)
Definitely needs to be the last of the silent generation in office. Would be nice to have someone who hasn't already reached the average life expectancy for humans in office.