Does Gundy Shop At The Transfer Portal?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
https://sports.yahoo.com/5-michigan...-transfer-portal-in-last-month-165754642.html

Just wondering how much Gundy looks into the Transfer Portal for OSU needs?

I mean, the TP is a mess and now Michigan State seems to be taking some big hits since their season hasn't gone the way of at least 5 players. Is this the way it's going to be for coaches -- they have a disappointing season and suddenly players start jumping ship?

What a nightmare for HCs across the nation.

And add players that are looking to transfer to California to see if they can have even more benefits of autograph sales (among others) because a free college education with room, tuition and board is not enough.

But, I digress.
HC Mike Gundy should take as much advantage as he can because the disadvantages are certainly going to ignore anything Mike Gundy thinks about the Transfer Portal.

Pokes28

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 26, 2003
Carl Junction, MO
facebook.com
Any coach that doesn't keep an eye on the portal is a fool. All you have to do is look at our ugly neighbors to see the value of transfers. I'm not saying Gundy doesn't. I really don't know. Mine was just a generalized statement.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Given his track record with transfers, & the # of them who've wound up in the NFL, methinks Gundy's probably aware of who's out there.

This is the new normal. MSU has lost 12 of 20 players from their 2016 class. That's virtually an entire class.

Coaches are gonna have to spend a lot of time retaining guys now, particularly at QB. The NCAA did come back last spring & tighten up the immediate eligibility rules, thankfully, but of course it was after tOSU got their immediate transfer in at QB.,

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Pretty sure I remember reading a story where Gundy said he now had at least one person dedicated to watching and keeping track of the portal when it comes to recruiting. This would have been back in the spring or summer.

Oct 30, 2007
We've brought in several quality secondary players over the past few years. We brought in McCray, Antwine, & Junior this year. McCray & Antwine are playing pretty well. It's too bad things didn't work out with Junior. He could've helped to add depth on the defensive line.