Dumb/Sometimes LOL Political Pictures

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
View attachment 77631
Morello's hero would not approve:

Funny. Ironic, whatever. Last week I was in Oakland looking at aircraft hangars for an investment client. Lucas' TWO gulfstreams were on the tarmac, the larger with it's APU running for at least two hours. They were on the apron because his private hangar (leased, one that client may be buying) was being repaired because he did not like the way it looked.
3590.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok, so revenues are flat when historically they would have increased, not technically declining. Not sure that minor detail changes the point at all.

All that spending you just spoke about is long-term mandatory and is the exact same stuff every other president managed without causing the situation we are in now. We had that spending in 2011-2015 when the deficit was shrinking. Those long term "we" issues are not what we are talking about. We are talking about a businessman president and looking at the current financials of what he is doing with the "business" since his expertise in the area was lauded.
CBO makes budget predictions for 10 years plus into the future. Anybody who has been paying attention knows the trillion dollar deficits were projected years before 2016 election even happened.

the only way to get this under control is taking a hard line stance. If it was up to me a hiring freeze on all federal govt positions would take place. Then I would cut all spending by 20% across the board. Would tell all cabinet secretaries either make it work or you will be replaced. It’s not that hard. Unfortunately a plan that would actually work would receive zero votes so it’s not going to happen. Anybody notice how none of the dem candidates are talking about this on the campaign trail? They are smart enough to know spending originates in the house. I really wish trump would grow a pair and veto these ridiculous spending bills that have been coming his way.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
CBO makes budget predictions for 10 years plus into the future. Anybody who has been paying attention knows the trillion dollar deficits were projected years before 2016 election even happened.

the only way to get this under control is taking a hard line stance. If it was up to me a hiring freeze on all federal govt positions would take place. Then I would cut all spending by 20% across the board. Would tell all cabinet secretaries either make it work or you will be replaced. It’s not that hard. Unfortunately a plan that would actually work would receive zero votes so it’s not going to happen. Anybody notice how none of the dem candidates are talking about this on the campaign trail? They are smart enough to know spending originates in the house. I really wish trump would grow a pair and veto these ridiculous spending bills that have been coming his way.
2025. In 2015, CBO projected the return of trillion-dollar deficits by 2025. The President and congress beat that projection by 5 years despite a gangbuster economy. "Years" before the projections were even rosier.

Basically, they are spending exactly like a democrat but added a tax cut that decreased revenue so someone else later can pay even more of our current bills.
Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 10.59.06 PM.png

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater

Trump is a liberal. He is going to spend like a Democrat. That's who he is. I was with my brother and a bunch of my old friends in OKC in the summer of 2016. We were talking about the election. This was before the convention, and before Trump had locked up the nomination. They were all MAGA. I asked them what Trump was going to do to fix the federal spending problem. Blank looks. Trump is a liberal. He is not a conservative. Right now, there isn't a conservative party. The Republican party ceased to be conservative when a presidential candidate (McCain) stood up in a debate and suggested taking $350B of federal money and paying down the principal on bad house loans.

The thing that really needs to happen is to reduce and eliminate the social spending. But it is political suicide, you get "throw grandma off the cliff" videos if you even try to fix it.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Trump is a liberal. He is going to spend like a Democrat. That's who he is. I was with my brother and a bunch of my old friends in OKC in the summer of 2016. We were talking about the election. This was before the convention, and before Trump had locked up the nomination. They were all MAGA. I asked them what Trump was going to do to fix the federal spending problem. Blank looks. Trump is a liberal. He is not a conservative. Right now, there isn't a conservative party. The Republican party ceased to be conservative when a presidential candidate (McCain) stood up in a debate and suggested taking $350B of federal money and paying down the principal on bad house loans.

The thing that really needs to happen is to reduce and eliminate the social spending. But it is political suicide, you get "throw grandma off the cliff" videos if you even try to fix it.
Trump was never a fiscal conservative or small government guy, he wasn't a 2nd amendment guy, never really claimed to be a Christian or behaved very "Christ like" so, of course, he's the Republican nominee.

But the Democrats have a couple of potential front runners who aren't really Democrats so why not?

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Trump was never a fiscal conservative or small government guy, he wasn't a 2nd amendment guy, never really claimed to be a Christian or behaved very "Christ like" so, of course, he's the Republican nominee.

But the Democrats have a couple of potential front runners who aren't really Democrats so why not?