Earthquake!!! 4.7 morning of Nov 5

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Epperley28

Federal Marshal
Nov 11, 2005
Government is hiding something from us !! Ask questions!! !
Did you read The Mist by Stephen King? It was probably them opening a portal to another dimension that allowed terrible creatures to pour out.

That or fracking. It was probably caused by fracking. :runaway:

Aug 22, 2009
Oklahoma
That or fracking. It was probably caused by fracking. :runaway:
I hope you are joking... That's the way I'm going to take that comment anyways.

I honestly believe the Earth is cracking and K-State is going to know what Wyatt Earp is talking about when he says, "You tell 'em I'M coming... and hell's coming with me, you hear?...
[louder]
Hell's coming with me!

PokeVille

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2008
So bizarre, My wife and I were talking about the San Andreas fault last night. No particular reason just talking about where it is and we even read a little bit about it on wiki. She was in San Diego recently and wondered how far away it was, etc. Last night, when it happened I woke up and said holy sh!t that has to be an earthquake. She said I was just dreaming because we were talking about earthquakes. So this morning is a win-win. I did feel an earthquake and SHE WAS WRONG. Take that woman!

Epperley28

Federal Marshal
Nov 11, 2005
I hope you are joking... That's the way I'm going to take that comment anyways.
Yes, joking. I don't care how big an underground reservoir you're hydro-busting, there's no way you could cause a 4.7 earthquake. I'm aware that earthquakes are caused by shifts in the tectonic plates.

It's a little fuzzy, but our fault lines are on there:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
bout knocked me out of the damn bed this morning...here in Owasso..I was up and going for the gun because I thought someone was breaking in and then had 2 big jolts in a row and I heard the rumble..house was creaking..garage door was shaking hard, pictures were swaying on the wall

Felt like someone had rammed a truck into the house about 3 different times

fun times

Slugger926

Federal Marshal
Oct 19, 2004
bout knocked me out of the damn bed this morning...here in Owasso..I was up and going for the gun because I thought someone was breaking in and then had 2 big jolts in a row and I heard the rumble..house was creaking..garage door was shaking hard, pictures were swaying on the wall

Felt like someone had rammed a truck into the house about 3 different times

fun times
I was up at the time, and for some reason thought it was weird a train was coming through the east side of Owasso that time of morning. I thought it was from the quarry or something. I didn't think about it being an earthquake until the following morning.