VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
well let me clarify why I won't trust them ever again...because it will be two elections in a row where they were wrong...and yes I understand electors, but I believe that out of the top 6 battleground states in 2016 where Hillary was shown to lead, Trump won 5 of them on election night.
I believe those the biggest battleground states were Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Florida, NC, and Arizona.

he won PA by less than 50k - less than 1%
he won michigan by ~11k- 0.2%
he won Wisconsin by ~23k- less than 1%
he won florida by about 200k- 1.2%
he won NC by around 180k- 3.7%
he won AZ by around 90k 3.5%

Most of these are razor thin margins and could easily go either way. clinton campaigned poorly and didnt have a lot of appeal outside the most heavily populated counties. Biden isnt a lot better but he's not as bad and unpopular in the party as she was.

I think biden gets a few states that obama took that clinton couldnt making this race very tight. i am not sure trump can take any states that clinton won last time by more than 1%. Interestingly, looking at the numbers, there really are only a few states which either candidate didnt win by at least 2.5%

List of states won by less than 2.5%, which maybe could be battleground states:
Florida, Michigan, Nevada, NH, PA

I use rasmussen more than any other poll so i'll go with that here. Of those Biden polls best in PA and FL (not counting NH). It's going to be interesting

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
https://twitter.com/TVNewsHQ/status/1320815834315608064?s=20
Video doesn't actually show the question so it's hard to know exactly what he's talking about here. I do know I have not actually heard him say he won't expand the court even when asked directly. That doesn't mean he hasn't, just that I have not heard it.

This is one issue that really scares me....once we open that can of worms, where does it end....separation of powers will mean absolutely nothing if all a president and senate have to do to ensure their policy is upheld is to simply expand and pack the court....this would give even more power to the two political parties and less power to we the people. If you are insisting on voting for Biden, then for the love of Pete, please vote to keep the Senate in Republican hands.

Oct 7, 2008
Follow the money or the government reason for the number fudging. It's likely got a fat bureaucrat at the end of it with his mouth open.
I got tested recently. Rapid results for Covid have a 50% false negative rate. The 3-day results have a 30% false negative rate. Meaning if you test negative on the rapid results there's still a 50% chance you have Covid. The false positive rate is extremely low, however. So when people say they kept testing them until they returned a positive, this is why. Doctor explained it all quite clearly, but I'm sure most either aren't listening or are just too deep in conspiracy world to listen.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
you guys are pups...I was in 10th grade when Reagan was elected the first time and voted for him against Mondale in his reelection campaign. Btw, this is the Reagan 1984 win map. What happened to that country, and what in the hell is wrong with Minnesota?
View attachment 86599
Obviously Trumps no Reagan...sadly. I hate it that over half of Americans haven't experienced a truly great President. We once had one, and it hasn't been close to anything else in my lifetime before or after him.
Minnesota was Mondale‘s home State.

Oct 7, 2008
People are still just trying to play this off as something from Russia? I guess the saying goes, "keep repeating the lie enough"

https://twitter.com/CBS_Herridge/status/1318732138187956224?s=20
I was referring to the Russian intel report Republicans were pushing a few weeks ago. Though as I said with the supposed Biden texts that were sent from a Russian cellular network this one looks pretty iffy as well.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I got tested recently. Rapid results for Covid have a 50% false negative rate. The 3-day results have a 30% false negative rate. Meaning if you test negative on the rapid results there's still a 50% chance you have Covid. The false positive rate is extremely low, however. So when people say they kept testing them until they returned a positive, this is why. Doctor explained it all quite clearly, but I'm sure most either aren't listening or are just too deep in conspiracy world to listen.
People also have to test negative in order to return to work/school so they get multiple positive test which are each counted as another case prior to finally getting a negative so they can return to work/school.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Video doesn't actually show the question so it's hard to know exactly what he's talking about here. I do know I have not actually heard him say he won't expand the court even when asked directly. That doesn't mean he hasn't, just that I have not heard it.

This is one issue that really scares me....once we open that can of worms, where does it end....separation of powers will mean absolutely nothing if all a president and senate have to do to ensure their policy is upheld is to simply expand and pack the court....this would give even more power to the two political parties and less power to we the people. If you are insisting on voting for Biden, then for the love of Pete, please vote to keep the Senate in Republican hands.
The question is not the point. His staff starts pushing the media camera away as Joe struggles to form a coherent sentence.

Did you see him last night think he was running against George... George... and his wife had to whisper Trump 3 times to him before he remembered.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
https://youtu.be/N7cY7LfMSbk
I get all that. As I said, our form of government is a constitutional republic. But you have to account for our ideology being democracy, otherwise Reagan was an idiot. Even he simplified it to say it was our form of government. You vote on school bond issues, right? That’s democracy.
1603749148543.jpg

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I don't really know what Republican means anymore, but I'll say that any conservative who votes for Joe instead of Jo isn't a real conservative. I can easily understand anybody not voting for Trump but I can't understand anybody claiming to be right of center and voting Biden. Just my opinion.
Sigh. I’ll bite.

I’m voting for Biden because Jo has no chance in Texas. Biden is my second choice. This is my way of emulating ranked choice voting. Once again, it is stunning how you guys can’t fathom a “real Republican” voting for Biden. Not to be rude, but it honestly shows how narrow minded you’re being. I’m voting a very split ticket with most being for Republicans.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond

https://mobile.twitter.com/60Minutes/status/1319234605342445569?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1319234605342445569%7Ctwgr%5Eshare_3%2Ccontainerclick_1&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-1712962639317406788.ampproject.net%2F2010132225002%2Fframe.html

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
Sigh. I’ll bite.

I’m voting for Biden because Jo has no chance in Texas. Biden is my second choice. This is my way of emulating ranked choice voting. Once again, it is stunning how you guys can’t fathom a “real Republican” voting for Biden. Not to be rude, but it honestly shows how narrow minded you’re being. I’m voting a very split ticket with most being for Republicans.
But if you vote Jo , the party has the chance to get more money. @cowboyinexile , I am no longer undecided. Team Jo

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
But if you vote Jo , the party has the chance to get more money. @cowboyinexile , I am no longer undecided. Team Jo
Fine, that’s your decision. I have no issue with that. I’m voting for this election first. I’d be happy to donate to the Libertarian party for 2024 without sacrificing my vote.

Looks like you’re in Edmond. If I were in Oklahoma, I’d vote Jo instead of Joe.

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
Fine, that’s your decision. I have no issue with that. I’m voting for this election first. I’d be happy to donate to the Libertarian party for 2024 without sacrificing my vote.

Looks like you’re in Edmond. If I were in Oklahoma, I’d vote Jo instead of Joe.
might as well, cuz Joe ain't winning in Oklahoma - Land of the Red Party...

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Sigh. I’ll bite.

Why not vote for Jo...if she gets more votes they get more money next time and I think it severs us all well to have more choices. Biden does have a slim chance in Texas and you are helping him by voting for someone that's not Trump only. If you sincerely want Jo, why not vote for her? That helps that party to get some votes. Why not be true to what you think is your best choice for your views this year?